Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Helladen's Programming Shop

Helladen

**Introduction**

I am looking for freelance work at the moment, and can do anything you need done to your engine (Visual Basic 6 engines only). I have provided several examples below of what I can do.

**Examples**
**![](https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67149765/Arteix/EclipseWorlds.png)**

A complete MMO engine I released recently - [Eclipse Worlds](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/134183-eclipse-worlds-112/#entry907728).

**Cost**

I believe in giving people a good deal for their first time purchasing a package from me, so payments will be very reasonable the first time around - contact me for details. You can also trade work with me such as art, music, or other means such as web development. I only accept good work though. Payment must be at-least 50% upfront.

**Conclusion**

I will be adding more packages soon. Anything I need to code from scratch will obviously cost more (if I can't market it as a package), so if you need something custom that is not in my current engine or engines around Eclipse I can do it for you still.

**Contact**

You can send me a personal message on Eclipse, add me on Skype via Helladen, or email me via [email protected].

> You're implying quite a bit with that sentence.

The programming shop is only for Visual Basic 6 engines as you can see by my references. I'm not saying I'm the best programmer ever. I just can do anything engine related around Mirage. Also, programming is just something I picked up as an indie. I do not love it as much as some people do.

> The programming shop is only for Visual Basic 6 engines as you can see by my references. I'm not saying I'm the best programmer ever. I just can do anything engine related around Mirage. Also, programming is just something I picked up as an indie. I do not love it as much as some people do.

That's precisely what I was getting at. I read quite a bit of your post, and I didn't see any explicit definition of what you would be editing or writing new code for (although it's implied). I'd humbly suggest you place your last post in the original post and ask moderation to remove my rhetoric and yours regarding this. If you're still working on that Pokemon edit for whoever that was I'd also suggest also using it as a point of reference upon completion.

> That's precisely what I was getting at. I read quite a bit of your post, and I didn't see any explicit definition of what you would be editing or writing new code for (although it's implied).

I added Visual Basic 6 engines only. ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

> Complete source purchase is $100 (open-source with free updates) or $250 (if you want it all to yourself with free support). This includes as many edits as you want - limited to a reasonable amount. This engine is not yet complete, but by purchasing it you prioritize it to be completed relatively soon.

Uhm.. How does selling open-source work?

Also, you need to specify what "a reasonable amount" is.

> Uhm.. How does selling open-source work?
>
> Also, you need to specify what "a reasonable amount" is.

That would be discussed over Skype. The engine is just finished and the money you put into it is just my time needed to complete the job and patch the rest of the issues up. The $250 package is pretty much any edits you need and the $100 package is a limited amount. I would give free updates though since it would be a community project. So, both things have pros and cons.

> That would be discussed over Skype. The engine is just finished and the money you put into it is just my time needed to complete the job and patch the rest of the issues up. The $250 package is pretty much any edits you need and the $100 package is a limited amount. I would give free updates though since it would be a community project. So, both things have pros and cons.

The trouble with saying it'll be discussed is that when you're talking about quite a lot of money ($100+), you really don't want disputes arising. I'm sure you've got it planned, but where money is involved it's good to be clear.

> The trouble with saying it'll be discussed is that when you're talking about quite a lot of money ($100+), you really don't want disputes arising. I'm sure you've got it planned, but where money is involved it's good to be clear.

Right, that's why I am flexible. I try to meet people more on their end over my own - less disputes that way. ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

I edited it and put a message in bold letters, thanks for the feedback. ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

• 2 weeks later...
I've updated the OP with more packages, price changes, and removed EclipseWorlds Engine from package listings. I will be working on it as I complete jobs, so it will be available one of these days. The engine is mostly for XtremeWorlds, but I wanted to bring both communities together under one engine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello! I'm interested in starting up a small MMORPG for now, although I'd like some modifications to the EclipseVB version. Here is what I'm looking for:

Click to interact

(attack hostiles, talk to friendlies) all within range

I don't want the current target system, I want it always click to attack, and click to direct your spell

Free movement

(no tile/grid movement, move by the pixel not the tile)

8Direction movement

(up, down, left, right, and 4 diagonals)

Projectiles

(arrows and fireball type objects)

Larger screen

(so you can see more of the map)

Mounts

(cast a spell, change sprite to some mounted sprite, faster movement)

Some touch-ups on quest system and other areas I can't think of right now.

I am willing to pay for good results, I want to make a fun enjoyable MMO, then perhaps go big and make a much much better one if people like the game!

> Click to interact
>
> (attack hostiles, talk to friendlies) all within range
>
> I don't want the current target system, I want it always click to attack, and click to direct your spell

You're gonna have to be more specific with that request before I can give an estimation.

> Free movement
>
> (no tile/grid movement, move by the pixel not the tile)

I'm not sure on this either.

> 8Direction movement
>
> (up, down, left, right, and 4 diagonals)

$5-10.

> Projectiles
>
> (arrows and fireball type objects)

$15-20.

> Larger screen
>
> (so you can see more of the map)

$5.

> Mounts
>
> (cast a spell, change sprite to some mounted sprite, faster movement)

$5-10.

> You're gonna have to be more specific with that request before I can give an estimation.

I don't want the current target system.

As it is now, you click on an NPC or Player to target them (you see the brackets around the NPC or Player that you target) and you can cast spells on them with your hotkeys (F1 F2 F3 F4 etc.) or press CTRL when they are in front of you to melee them.

I want it so you press your hotkey first, and then click ANYWHERE on the map, and you cast your spell in that direction (something like a fireball would project, a ground spell would be on the ground where clicked, and if a healing spell it would just effect the NPC or Player if clicked on) for melee I want it so you have to click on the enemy and if they are in range you will hit them.

Do you get what I mean?

I also want the tiles removed. So players do not move based on tiles, but based on pixels. This makes for a smoother feel and I can have better projectiles.

I will need this done first if possible.

> I don't want the current target system.
>
> I will need this done first if possible.

You want an action battle system. I already knew that, but it is hard for me to predict what you want it to be like entirely.

You will need to contact me privately to asset a accurate prediction for complex systems like that.

• 2 months later...