Find results in...

List of Donators

Marsh

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lady:

> What are the donations used for? I mean, if I donate what is my money being towards..

Is it just me is or this girls pic smoking hot, sorry for being rude ,but I am trying to find the donation page I would love to contribute since I have spare money anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
That was way back in the day its about 40 to 60 now. Normal hosting wasnt cutting it anymore so i had to get a virtual dedicated server. It will change based on how much ram i provide and if the site cuts out so i have to raise it.

If you'd used Webs.com you could have a forum this big at no cost(I believe). I never like to spend my money if I don't have to. If you did chose premium the starter is 3.75/month(cheapest option if not free) and the enhanced version is 16.67/Month. But at this point the information on here can not be transferred, not in our lifetime.

I do hope that's a joke. right?

Free Webs would never work due to the bandwidth eclipse uses would pretty much shut down the site before the reset of the limit starts over. The space wouldn't really work because the forums it self uses 25% of the website space.

That's not counting extra forum themes, attachments. I don't think webs supports the use of .php with free accounts as well. You would have ads which shows up on the website as well.

I don't know how webs handles mysql or php.ini editing.

Pretty much there are greater web hosting package out there.

@Esashi:

> If you'd used Webs.com you could have a forum this big at no cost(I believe). I never like to spend my money if I don't have to. If you did chose premium the starter is 3.75/month(cheapest option if not free) and the enhanced version is 16.67/Month. But at this point the information on here can not be transferred, not in our lifetime.

I hope you're trolling… I really do.

@Esashi:

> If you'd used Webs.com you could have a forum this big at no cost(I believe). I never like to spend my money if I don't have to. If you did chose premium the starter is 3.75/month(cheapest option if not free) and the enhanced version is 16.67/Month. But at this point the information on here can not be transferred, not in our lifetime.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you don't host a 6-year old website with a database housing 31,000 members, 50,000 topics and 640,000 posts.

The website is too memory intensive to host on your usual shared hosting. We need to rent a VPS. We need to rent a fairly high-specification VPS which in turn costs quite a lot of money.

Go to any website around our size and the situation will be the same.

@Esashi:

Alright so there Pro version (the highest you can get) would cost be 16.67 and give me **100 Gigabytes** a month.

Eclipse is estimated to use **457 Gigabytes** this month.

Also there disk space doesnt get close either.