Find results in...

List of Donators

Marsh

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@crzyone9584:

> 50%??? your out of your mind… Those are the only two stable ones. The rest are just ones that are thrown together and hardly work.

50% Because there are a few useful ones. I was able to combine Eclipse Temporal and Chronicles into an engine. Its just that the ones thrown together have to many gaps that need to become stable cause as you said they just get some tutorials and put them into a blank engine, the ones that are actually taken care of properly in their creation like Eclipse Dawn and the event system are the ones that are stable but the thrown together ones can be useful bases in some cases.

There's probably a few older usable ones aside from Snider's and mine around there somewhere. Not sure though, the only ones I've seen when I was looking for some inspiration were tutorials thrown into a toxic mixture of bugs.

But the difference between Usable and Stable is quite big. Hell, even in Dawn I keep finding tiny issues I either overlooked or Robin overlooked.. Or even Snider. Making mistakes always happens, but whether people fix them or not is what determines how good a version is in my honest opinion. You can have the world in features, but a broken engine remains broken.

Also, this seems awfully off-topic.