Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If Eclipse is single player?

Pazuzu

Do the community wants eclipse as single player game engine but with multiplayer support?

Working on this easy solution but demanding answer for any demand on eclipse as single player game engine.

It was created with the intention of being an MMORPG(more of a MORPG) Engine. If you came to this site, I'd think you'd be wanting to make an MORPG. Anyway more on topic and less of being an arsehole, I think it'd be an interesting thing to see.

> Do the community wants eclipse as single player game engine but with multiplayer support?
>
> Working on this easy solution but demanding answer for any demand on eclipse as single player game engine.

I was thinking about doing this a while back, but never got around to it. I think it'd be great if done properly!

O.o… well in all reality to switch Eclipse 's engine to a single player, and i would say use the current one out since it has most bug fix's and isnt dx8.

move editor's to stand alone, ya its possable lol. next you move the loading from the server to client and move the dat files to the client. then change packets out , and connect the game to the loading of the dat files.

then port any parts of the server that effected the game to the client.

then rest be making a few new systems, and changing some, like for example

adding a save file system

removing register

instead of login just on the menu it would say play, maybe a setting if file exists (for the save file), then it would go to a load save page or , have it go to save page first like in final fantasy games. then clicking the save to start.

character maker: for game main player and/or playable characters.

in game stuff like chat box could be removed. online stuff could be stoped. some rpg's have a party system tho. so i would leave it just link it to events/characters.

well ;P i rlly dought anyone will make it . plus no 3rd party app will make eclipse run well, why ? b/c 90% of its data is held server side.and then the rest of system that become and eye sore in a rpg game thats not one in a mmo.

my input is at a basic rpg style engine not a custom. ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png) well have fun.

This seems entirely pointless, you're just devolving the current engine into a worse one.

Now, if you really want to make waves, you want to remove the multiplayer aspect altogether, create a turn-based strategy game (a square tiled-based civ type game) then replace the multiplayer system with a 2-50 lobby system using peer-to-peer to stabilise the connection. You could add custom graphics support that gets distributed like a private torrent amongst all players before the game begins, so players can create and share their races/unit/building skins.

Now that, that I would want to see. I'd love to have an entire world map to play turn-based strategy in, you could literally play for days per game if this was done correctly.

….. dog we were not talkin about personal game idea's and no i didnt decrease the current eo . i rearanged it. the editors should have been removed to standalone a long time ago. or do what deathbeam did and make a special client to edit with wile the other was game only. rest of the changes make alot of sense. now eclipse has been mmorpg setup for years i highly dought any of us will make a turn-based strategy game. maybe turn based battles in side view , but not way your thinking. sadly my input able will get a actual base down. then its up to them to reclean and finish it.

Why would you want to make a SP game engine from EO? It would be better, faster and cleaner to start over again. The EO engine can be used as a reference.

> ….. dog we were not talkin about personal game idea's and no i didnt decrease the current eo . i rearanged it. the editors should have been removed to standalone a long time ago. or do what deathbeam did and make a special client to edit with wile the other was game only. rest of the changes make alot of sense. now eclipse has been mmorpg setup for years i highly dought any of us will make a turn-based strategy game. maybe turn based battles in side view , but not way your thinking. sadly my input able will get a actual base down. then its up to them to reclean and finish it.

The editors shouldn't even exist in the first place. All the data except for maps should have been hard-coded, using OO for this will make it cooler and faster. (Yes I know VB6 isn't suited for OOP)

> I was thinking about doing this a while back, but never got around to it. I think it'd be great if done properly!

Please, no. Mirage is a pile of shit as is. RPG Maker destroys this engine hands down.

> Because those aren't open source.

Limitations are great for indie developers. RPG Maker can do anything I want it to. There's no reason to use a worse engine just cause it is open-source.

> Please, no. Mirage is a pile of shit as is. RPG Maker destroys this engine hands down.
>
> Limitations are great for indie developers. RPG Maker can do anything I want it to. There's no reason to use a worse engine just cause it is open-source.

Yes, This.

Plus RGSS is quite strong, there isn't much you can't do.

• 2 months later...