Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DX7 versus DX8

vulcano

Which is better? DX7 or 8? - U answer on that.

What is more customizable? - dx8, only because of color blending and transparency

Which is easier to configure and customize? - umm, should be dx7, havent messed mutch with dx8 ^^

Which has more tutorials? -dx7 ofcorse, for now.

What are the differences of each?- "color blending and transparency"

From my observation programers only mention subtle changes in the language.In lame terms to one that does not speak programing languageā€¦.. Pants become trousers, stop becomes halt. Going from DX7 to DX8 should be the same except in areas that handle graphics. I would expect some kind of performance drop in areas like speed.

Now all that above is only from what it looks like from my perspective. I have very little actual experience handling the matters in switching ATM.

What I can say from personal experience is if you want something like shadows/shade, light beams, and such... You're going to have to switch...

I saw a single tutorial on switching to alpha channels ( which is responsible for a lot of work that DX8 does) but I think I noticed a lot of people say it would slow your game down a lot. Personally I messed with DX7 from day one (on these forums) It didn't take too long before I started getting told that I need to switch to DX8 for some of the things I needed/wanted (literally a couple of maps) .

> Thanks guys
>
> I will use EO 3.0 or Miracle Reborn
>
> Thanks ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

If you could edit the OP and mark it as "resolved", that'd be much appreciated. Otherwise Matthew spends hours going through the Q&A doing it himself. ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)