Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Super MMORPG Maker Box (0.3.x)

Chti_Yonki

> Well it is very possible my computer is outdated. This could be the only problem. I doubt it though. I can run many other engines fine and with no problems with FPS.

I did "benchmark" test this afternoon with the 2 render methods.

I was using the weather system to draw tons of particles on the screen and to do tons of maths on system. The goal was to drop the FPS, then progressivly reduce the number of particles/maths until 1 of the both method reach Max FPS. I did it on a 100x100 Map filled with autotiles on all layers then on a 100x100 empty Map.

On empty map:

I fly between 49-50 FPS with my method and between 39-41 FPS with the normal method on the same conditons.

So, differance is not so high but on same conditions I have no lags with my method when I have somes with the other.

On over-filled map:

I fly between 49-50 FPS with my method and between **12-17 FPS** with the normal method.

Tile render explain FPS drop, but fix is coming ;)

edit for lamachen:

I found the thing was doing big fps drop on map editor.

Not fixed yet cause I'm thinking how to do, but aware of this, ty for the report.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good :P

I said before that remove sandbox on another map does not work.

Looks like the remove sandbox command is not working at all, if there are special commands infront of it. ^^

"Dialogues" infront of a remove sandbox command will not remove it.

"Call Shop" command infront of a remove sandbox command will not remove it.

"Call Bank" command infront of a remove sandbox command will not remove it.

"Wait", "chat bubbles" and "conditional branch" works.

all tested with "remove this sandbox" on the same map.

and something i just saw again,

Animations dont show up if the enemy dies on the same attack. (but i think this was in nearly all engines)

EDIT:

Item drops, from npc´s, with a number higher then 159 do change to items with different numbers under 159, after saving.

So  while im using this engine did i gather some ideas together that would be in my eyes important to add.

I know that you are busy enough with other stuff^^ but i have to write it down here before i loose my list somehow. :P

More important stuff:

-NPC kills NPC should not drop items (can be abused with guards)

-NPC´s should only drop 1 Item (they drop sometimes more then one item on death)

-NPC speed should be configurable (so that each NPC can have his own movement speed (rats are faster then cows etc)

-Player walk/sprint speed should be configurable

-Walkthrough option for ressources (for example mushrooms should be walkthrough, and the empty mushroom ressource too)

-Condtional Branch - Inventory is full (for example, check if inventory is full, before add quest items)

Less important stuff:

-Advanced Item Damage System (like with spells, but for items. Damage over time, stun etc.)

-Hide Paperdoll command (can be usefull in many situations. I thought about boat driving. Change sprite to boat, hide paperdolls)

-Not able to attack / not able to use skills command (i think usefull for many stuff too, but would be neccessary for the boat idea too.)

-Color change on night (i just darkened the viewfield picture, works too)

-Color change on weather (weather/day/night system is very nice, but needs some more athmosphere in my eyes :P)

-Additional accessory slot (At the moment, you have often to decide between wearing for example a cloak, or glasses. Or a helm or glasses. Even if they would not block each other)

Not everything may be possible, just some stuff to think about.

Hi,

I like most of your idea especially thoses:

-NPC kills NPC should not drop items (can be abused with guards)

-NPC´s should only drop 1 Item (they drop sometimes more then one item on death)

-NPC speed should be configurable (so that each NPC can have his own movement speed (rats are faster then cows etc)

-Hide Paperdoll command (can be usefull in many situations. I thought about boat driving. Change sprite to boat, hide paperdolls)

-Walkthrough option for ressources (for example mushrooms should be walkthrough, and the empty mushroom ressource too)

-Condtional Branch - Inventory is full (for example, check if inventory is full, before add quest items)

0.4.0 is really tons of works.

But thoses could be easy to add.

I'll give update.

English:

Hey Great Engine!

If you could when you are choosing a class and you pick a class could you make a Back Button lets say you don't want that class you can choose another. Quest System could be a good addition so will Instanced Maps if you would please. And I see you are very advanced in your Event System. If you could make an Auction System and a Mail System and you can apply them to the Event System so when you make NPC you can make either an Postal man or an Auctioneer. 

Thanks for Reading Regards,

Render

Hi,

thanks for your comment, I'll awnser in English only (as it's Eng forum).

> If you could when you are choosing a class and you pick a class could you make a Back Button lets say you don't want that class you can choose another.

Missing this indeed.

> Quest System could be a good addition so will Instanced Maps if you would please.

No Quest system and never be.

I explain why: you can make easy your own Quest System with Event. In addition of this I'll add a "Book System" admins will able to control by Events. On the Book you can Categorize thinks as you want, so it will easy to report your own quest from your quest system in this book.

I want ppls able to make their Own system as they want.

Instanced Maps are far away in my queue of things to do.

> And I see you are very advanced in your Event System. If you could make an Auction System and a Mail System and you can apply them to the Event System so when you make NPC you can make either an Postal man or an Auctioneer.

Message System will come with the Social System (Guild, Friend, Group Search and Messages).

I like the Auction idea.

> When going out in open source this magnificent engine

When all works will over, when all bugs removed.

To be honest don't wait for it atm because it's very far away I have tons of things to add.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! May I make a suggestion to the Server Side Heart Editor?

It would be great If you could include a skill addition component somehow.

For example, the ability to create your own skill and name it and add attributes to it.

Such as a skill of woodcutting, so you can create a skill requirement to chop down certain trees.

It would be awesome.

Looks good but its jam packed with so much stuff I'm not sure anyone will be able to use it. When developing a 2D game a good bit of your target market tends to have less powerful computers. I have a Quad Core 3.0Ghz, 8 Gb of Ram and a ATI 6890\. I get _**45FPS**_ with nothing going on,  if your code is sloppy and runs fast your better off then something that is very neat, tidy and barely runs. Look through your main gameloop and try and shave some fat. Isolate the problem by commenting sections out of your loop till you find what causes the biggest drop.. then optimize it.

Their are tones of features but with the way it runs right now its not really usable. You should basically _just_ focus on bugfixes and optimization till everything is stable and smooth. (Should be getting hundreds of FPS uncapped, when you add features you could uncap it to see how much of a hit your client took)

Anyhow just food for thought.

Thats what i fear too, people who play this games have normaly less powerful computers. But i would say we have to wait and see what his announced new render method can do.

I think alot of fps are lost because of autotiles. My client is nearly crashing while finishing the mapping of 75x75 maps (in mapping editor, but you said already that this is already in your mind).

Have to stop working on my game soon and wait for the patch. :(

> Looks good but its jam packed with so much stuff I'm not sure anyone will be able to use it. When developing a 2D game a good bit of your target market tends to have less powerful computers. I have a Quad Core 3.0Ghz, 8 Gb of Ram and a ATI 6890\. I get _**45FPS**_ with nothing going on,  if your code is sloppy and runs fast your better off then something that is very neat, tidy and barely runs. Look through your main gameloop and try and shave some fat. Isolate the problem by commenting sections out of your loop till you find what causes the biggest drop.. then optimize it.
>
>  
>
> Their are tones of features but with the way it runs right now its not really usable. You should basically _just_ focus on bugfixes and optimization till everything is stable and smooth. (Should be getting hundreds of FPS uncapped, when you add features you could uncap it to see how much of a hit your client took)
>
>  
>
> Anyhow just food for thought.

> I did "benchmark" test this afternoon with the 2 render methods.
>
> I was using the weather system to draw tons of particles on the screen and to do tons of maths on system. The goal was to drop the FPS, then progressivly reduce the number of particles/maths until 1 of the both method reach Max FPS. I did it on a 100x100 Map filled with autotiles on all layers then on a 100x100 empty Map.
>
>  
>
> On empty map:
>
> I fly between 49-50 FPS with my method and between 39-41 FPS with the normal method on the same conditons.
>
> So, differance is not so high but on same conditions I have no lags with my method when I have somes with the other.
>
>  
>
> On over-filled map:
>
> I fly between 49-50 FPS with my method and between **12-17 FPS** with the normal method.
>
>  
>
> Tile render explain FPS drop, but fix is coming ;)
>
>  
>
>  
>
> edit for lamachen:
>
> I found the thing was doing big fps drop on map editor.
>
> Not fixed yet cause I'm thinking how to do, but aware of this, ty for the report.

Also, SMMOBox have same/less stuff than most engine here. If you read back the topic you will know where comme from the FPS issue and what I'm doing for it.

If you read patchnote SMMOBox getting optimised/unbugged each patch. Cannot do magic things, time is my friend.

A really nice engine. Has a lot of futures you can't find anywhere else. However, i do think the event system needs redesigning. I don't know why would you ditch the quest system, but i guess you have your reasons. Can't wait for the next update.

any news on next update ?

a few things:

-can the ui editor change the ui out of the main game and change the images used for the ui or is that a matter of just changing the gfx file ?

-will more work be done on translating the engine more effectively ?

-is there anyway for the ranged animations to travel to the target npc faster as i find the damage hits the target befor the arrow reaches.

ps. this runs fine on my computer

> any news on next update ?
>
>  
>
> a few things:
>
>  
>
> -can the ui editor change the ui out of the main game and change the images used for the ui or is that a matter of just changing the gfx file ?
>
> -will more work be done on translating the engine more effectively ?
>
> -is there anyway for the ranged animations to travel to the target npc faster as i find the damage hits the target befor the arrow reaches.
>
>  
>
> ps. this runs fine on my computer

Looks for me like the UI is changed by the game itself. You can see in the video that the graphic is stretching.

Ranged Animations do hit instantly. And its already announced for next update that it will deal damage on hit.

> -can the ui editor change the ui out of the main game and change the images used for the ui or is that a matter of just changing the gfx file ?

The UI Editor will take each Menu Panel as a "Box".

Each Box have a X, Y, Width, Height, Elements.

The UI Editor interact with them directly but do not change your picture files, he only try to adapt it.

> -will more work be done on translating the engine more effectively ?

Yes and No, all texts files are extracted of tjhe soft so I count on peoples to help me to fix typos, ect…

> -is there anyway for the ranged animations to travel to the target npc faster as i find the damage hits the target befor the arrow reaches.

In next version Projectiles hits target On Reach but travel speed will remain the same.

A small new by the way… SMMOBox going Open-Source slowly but surely ;)

> A small new by the way… SMMOBox going Open-Source slowly but surely  ;)

is that for next release ?

> The UI Editor interact with them directly but do not change your picture files, he only try to adapt it.

i dont really understand this, can you word it any other way please ?

> is that for next release ?
>
>  
>
> i dont really understand this, can you word it any other way please ?

Not sure, but if not for next release that will the next next ;)

The engine do not interact with pictures files. He only load them.

In-game you can ajust menu X/Y, stretch it and move the Elements.