Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Super MMORPG Maker Box (0.3.x)

Chti_Yonki

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> so all the graphics will be free to use and legal even for commercial games?
>
> what about sounds and music same thing?

Atm Im working on Music and Sound Effect but it's tough cause I find only few ones with cc0 and cc3-by licences.

Pictures under cc0 and cc3 licences can be shared, adapted, edited, ect… AND used for commercial things. So yes you can.

[http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/](http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/)

0.3.0 should be release this week.

Some infos to add to the patchnote:

> - Now can't use hotbar/spells on Stun
>
>  - Client launcher now accept longer IP
>
>  - Fix: respawn time to long make the server buggy
>
>  - Now if you set the respawn time over 999999, the NPC will just never respawn.
>
>  - Fix: Party XP not shared if not on the same map.
>
>  - Fixed some trade exploits
>
>  - Fix: Weapon sound effect wasn't played
>
>  - Fix: Slide attribute working correctly now
>
>  - Animation Axis XY is now fixed.
>
>  - Sounds Effects are now played in the Editors.
>
>  - Music and Sound volume can be set in config.ini (0 to 255)
>
>  - Chat Text now can't go over the chatbox.
>
>  - Switches and Variables names are now directly reloaded in the Event Editor.
>
>  - Fix: NPC Health HoT was always seding a Mana HoT as well.
>
>  - Fix: NPC Crit
>
>  - No Action Message "EXP+0" anymore.
>
>  - Chat box now support special characters (&éàè_ç$^ç*…).
>
>  - Removed "Safe Zone" message, was annoying when playing in with friends.
>
>  - New formula for Action Message position.
>
>  - Client Icon can be set in Graphics\misc\ico.ico

> Hold on you have not added 3D graphics yet?!  
>
> Your slacking [Chti' Yonki](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/user/37261-chti-yonki/)….....

I'm already working with google on the next version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb2uojqKvFM

> When will it be available in open source?

No idea yet, but it's the ultimate goal.

BTW, v0.3.0 is released.

Patchnote and downloads are on the first page.

Also a Demo server is up.

Edit:

Ok I tested it. This engine is amazing and the graphics you picked are beautiful. I love the mapping style as well.  It still runs very slowly on my laptop. I feel like this engine is more suitable for people with decent Desktops or a pretty nice Laptops. I have 2GB of Ram with no real video card other then stock,if that helps you at all.It also looks like a lot of text gets cut off in menu's. It is a huge leap forward from the last version thou! =)

> Edit:
>
> Ok I tested it. This engine is amazing and the graphics you picked are beautiful. I love the mapping style as well.  It still runs very slowly on my laptop. I feel like this engine is more suitable for people with decent Desktops or a pretty nice Laptops. I have 2GB of Ram with no real video card other then stock,if that helps you at all.It also looks like a lot of text gets cut off in menu's. It is a huge leap forward from the last version thou! =)

Hi lel,

Thanks for your report.

Since 0.3.0 the Client is really really better about lag and provide better FPS in most situations.

I'm still looking to be better and I actually know which kind of stuff is still causing lags and will try to fix thoses weakness.

I'm also working for an Option to change the way GFX are display for lowest setups in case it will not enough. This Option will detect your FPS and adapt GFX Render. It will show everything is FPS is good, and graduality remove/hide/change things when going lower.

I'm working on this but here some exemples of what I would the Client able to do to improve your FPS:

[FPS is excellent over 48, FPS is okay between 42-48, FPS is medium between 35-42, lag become very annoying under 35.]

- Reduce Night render quality

- Hide Weapon Paperdolls

- Hide Fog

- Hide Panorama

- Reduce Autotile/Animated/Waterfall/Wall render quality

- Reduce the MAX of displayed Action Messages

- Reduce/Hide the MAX of displayed Projectiles

- Reduce/Hide the MAX of displayed Animations

- Hide Weather

- Change how Players/NPC moving (extreme situations)

- Reduce the Field of View (extreme situations)

If a Player have issu with FPS he can set a FPS Goal.

If a FPS Goal is set, the Client will try to reach it and will automaticly calculate the things to do to reach the goal.

Also, I want the display changes not brutals (no flickering, ect…), so the Client will do a few second Stability test and if okay he will lock the setup for x minutes then check again.

Congratulations for your work! I think you are french so i will speak french too!

Bravo pour ton boulot c'est vraiment trés abouti et je vais suivre ton projet de trés prêt car c'est le genre d'outil de création qu'on aimerais plus trouver et surtout en francais^^

J'ai dévellopé plusieurs jeux mais j'ai toujours été "bridé" par mes connaissances ou par les capacités des différents moteurs que j'utilisais.Mais j'ai vraiment envie de démarrer un projet solilde avec ton moteur quand il sera selon toi Terminé.

Il serait sympa d'ajouter un système de guilde car cela manque vraiment au moteur Eclipse et on le voit trés rarement dans les  versions customs (je n'ai d'ailleurs pas compris il n'y est pas de base car dans n'importe quel jeu Online,c'est ce que demande les joueurs en premier lieu)

Bref je vais explorer ta derniere mise à jour et j'attend les nouvelles avec impatience!

Tu fais vraiment du bon boulot et vraiment merci  pour cela!

Bon courage!

Very nice so far.^^

I have to say im not sure about the SpawnNPC event command. Because its only using NPC´s that are allready set on the map, and i cant give them a custom spawnpoint. Not sure how usefull this is for me.

The possibility to players to remove an existing character to create a new one would be nice too. :P

Or NPC´s that only spawn at night. Tried that with events but failed. :/

And looks like RemoveSandbox on ANOTHER map does not work. Its only correctly removing them on the active map.

I also noticed that the beard paperdoll and the backpack paperdoll are for an unknown reason buggy while wearing them.

Theres alot stuff i would like to see in this engine :D cant wait for more updates

*just found something:

Ok…

When you have your admin controle panel OVER your client screen,

and click on "Maps",

it will automaticly draw the selected graphic into the game, at the postition where the mouse clicked on "Maps"

This can be very annoying when you destroy your map on random spots and dont notice it at the beginning.

Hey I was able to run the last version fine, but when I try to run 0.3.0 I get this error msg "run-time error 10013: The requested address is a broadcast address, but flag is not set." 

I'm guessing this has to do with my internet connection, or ip the server is connecting to, but I don't speak french so I wasn't able to read the instructions :P

Anyone else getting this error? Anyone else solve it?

Hello, thanks for all your comments.

Fafioso I'll awnser in English for all peoples understanding.

> J'ai dévellopé plusieurs jeux mais j'ai toujours été "bridé" par mes connaissances ou par les capacités des différents moteurs que j'utilisais.Mais j'ai vraiment envie de démarrer un projet solilde avec ton moteur quand il sera selon toi Terminé. (i would start a project with you engine when you feel you finished it)

The Engine is ready, and until I'm not bored to dev it, he will never finished. You can start now and keep enjoying updates.

> Il serait sympa d'ajouter un système de guilde (guild system)

Lots of Peoples asking for it, I'm aware it's something very important but I'm actually working on "better" things. But a Social system is one of my priority.

Social system inculde a guilde system, friend system and the party system.

Thanks for all your reports Lamachen, I'll watch this out and keep you updated.

Karkat, this error message mean your Port is already used by an other software or blocked. Just change your Port Server-side.

I'll provide soon awesome news about 0.4.0 :]

THx for your answer Chti'Yonki ;) So i can start developing my project and your futurs updates will not interrupt this? Would be great because i can't wait to start story and developement :)

Also like Lel said, fps still are very low on my pc (old machine) and if you can increase that, it would be great :)

So you do a great job and good luck for next!

Waiting for news ;)

Thx again!

I'm not sure how much improvement in speed we will get. I cleared all the maps, items, spells, npcs,and  everything.

On a blank map with nothing on it, I was getting like 43 FPS  =/

I admit I will keep my fingers crossed.

Hi,

I have tons of good news for 0.4.0, some exemples (i'll add pictures/movie later):

- Edittable UI (Axis XY, Width, Height, Texts Positions, Column Sort changes, ect…), atm the render is just awesome, I didn't tried the Gold Eclipse (cause 60$ just to try is a lot) UI Editor but I feel that mine is very very advanced. Add new UI is now very easy. Players can do it on the Game UI directly in-game on a new menu, I'll add possibility for Admin to Edit Main Menu UI.

- Multiple Characters: now Accounts can have more than 1 character per account. The UI allow to show 40 Characters max but my system allow inifinite.

- Click Moves / Attacks

- Customizable Char: you can now change the sprite and hairs (or whatever) of you char on creation.

- Double Fog: Add 1 new fog layer.

- Fog rending change: Now Fog pictures will adapt to screen instead of get stuck on 256x256.

- Static Panorama: now with static panorama + 2 fogs you can create Map with not using Tilesets but just backscreen and 2 front screens.

- Projectiles inprovments: now projectiles do the damage when reach the target.

- All MAX Constants got improved. But I'm working on extract them to make the settable from Server Side and provide no bugs at all when you reduce/improve thoses values, not sure it will ready for 0.4.0 thought…

> I'm not sure how much improvement in speed we will get. I cleared all the maps, items, spells, npcs,and  everything.
>
> On a blank map with nothing on it, I was getting like 43 FPS  =/
>
> I admit I will keep my fingers crossed.

Hi lel,

you shouldn't have this FPS with nothing on the Map.

I would say it's because your computer is outdated but I found a big issue on SMMOBox with my all new client sided internal monitor ;)

In fact, this big issue is something I already know… Actually a normal map on SMMOBox is 31x23 (32x24 because we have x0 and y0). On most other engine you have really less for a normal Map.

The Render Loop to show Tiles working this way:

For X=TileToShow.Left to TileToShow.Right

For Y=TileToShow.Up to TileToShow.Down

ShowTile(X,Y)

Next

Next

So as you can see it's putting Tiles 1 by 1 each Time the Render Update.

The Render Update each 25ms.

So Each 25ms the Client Render 32*24 Tiles = 768 / 25ms = 30720 / sec = 1843200 / minutes.

For a Client showing 26x20 it's: 520 / 25ms = 20800 / sec = 1248000 / minutes.

So it's around 33% less.

On most computer all the Maths here are ok to handle, but on somes, like your lel, it's not ok.

So, i left the idea of an auto-fps adjuster because it will not fix the issue and I'm working now on a new Map Render. Actually my results are just awesome.

I explain my method. When you join the map (or when the map is need, like after editting) the GFX Render System will read only once all the Tiles of the Map and save them into Chunks (a 100x100 Map is 40 Chunks atm). Chunks are flat Surfaces, like a simple Picture.

Then instead of Draw Tile it will Draw Chunks.

With that method, your system gonna use Memory instead of CPU.

The new Maths for 40 Chunks are: 40 Chunks / 25ms = 1600 / sec = 96000 / min.

To compare:

- Normal system for 32x24: 30720 tiles to Draw per sec.

- Chunk system for 100x100: 1600 Chunks to Draw per sec.

And not saying with Chunks there is no more Autotiles (should be renamed FPSeekTiles) Functions to perma read...

This system is actually in test state, I need to find an old computer to try out and monitor it.

In next version you'll get the choice between the 2 Renders methods. But if my method show excellent result, I'll delete the old method. The reason is if my method work well, we will get the possibility to resize the maps to not be stuck to 32x24\. On my computer 48x36 work find atm lol :P

Positive things with chunk system:

- better fps, less CPU usage. Hard to tell what % of CPU you gain as it's computer/map dependant. But I would say around 50%, easy.

- editable map size

- give me more ressurces do add stuff as Tiles Render was seeking most of them.

- maybe possibility to improve the Max XY of Maps, instead of 100 we will able to go over (will really depend of peoples and monitor feedbacks).

Negative:

- Using good amount of memory (atm 100Mo for 40 Chunks).

- With old render method my map load within 2-3 sec. Now it's 5-10sec.

> Hi lel,
>
> you shouldn't have this FPS with nothing on the Map.
>
> I would say it's because your computer is outdated but I found a big issue on SMMOBox with my all new client sided internal monitor ;)
>
> In fact, this big issue is something I already know… Actually a normal map on SMMOBox is 31x23 (32x24 because we have x0 and y0). On most other engine you have really less for a normal Map.

Well it is very possible my computer is outdated. This could be the only problem. I doubt it though. I can run many other engines fine and with no problems with FPS.

Thats some big news…the 0.4.0 changelog :o just wow ^^

The fps are definitly better then before. It´s ok...only the mapeditor is still a little bit slow. Can be a bit annoying to create bigger maps. Thats why i made only 75x75 maps.

75x75 empty = **50 fps**

75x75 mapped and npc´s = **39-42 fps**

75x75 empty in mapeditor = **47-48 fps** (drops fast while creating tiles)

75x75 mapped in mapeditor = **19 fps**

I have to say those fps are from a newer gaming pc and i think most people who play those games dont have this hardware.