Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How much of a noob were you?

Matt

I thought I'd make a thread where people can post the noobish things they did when they were new here.

Conversation between Scott and me

> Me:
>
> Hey Scott,
>
> I recently found a copy of VB6 Enterprise Edition Portable. However, when i try to open the files in the "scr" folders, it doesnt work. I'm really confused. Is there something im doing wrong, am i missing something, or can i not use this version of VB6 to script?
>
> Scott:
>
> Open the .vbp file.
>
> Me:
>
> I'm a bit confused with this piece of advice. Could you please explain it a bit more?
>
> Scott:
>
> There are only 2 files you need to open, Client.vpb and Server.vbp, all the other files are handled by vb6 and you can open them inside the program.
>
> Me:
>
> ok… Do i open the .vbp file with vb6?
>
> Scott:
>
> Yes, it should have automatically set those files to open vb6 when double clicked.
>
> Me:
>
> Ahhhh thank you!
>
> One last question. Once i have the group Server.vbp, i hit crtl d to add a file. Once i select one, how do i see the scripts inside it?
>
> Also you mentioned something about compiling. Is there any special way you need to save the changes that you made?
>
> Scott:
>
> File -> Make Server.exe for server and
>
> File -> Make eclipse origins.exe for client.
>
> Me:
>
> It tells me i must have a "startup" form or "sub main()". Any idea what that is?
>
> Me:
>
> Hey Scott, i was working on my game, and i undershot how many item slots i would need. Could you please change it to about 1750? Also, if theres a way that you know to increase the bank space to about twice the space, that would be great. If you can, the link for the game is here.
>
> Scott:
>
> I already fixed it check that same post
>
> Me:
>
> Where sorry? I checked the thread, but i dont see it.
>
> Scott:
>
> It was the post above yours please actually look next time...
>
> Me:
>
> I did look. The only download i found was Editsfix2\. However, i downloaded it and nothing was changed. This is why i sent you the message.
>
> Scott:
>
> Sorry read you old pm instead of your new one some how, I won't be near a computer with vb6 for 2-3 days so your sol I can't really help you with that atm.
>
> Me:
>
> Ahh ok ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) No worries.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...