Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello Everybody

Bic

Hey guys, I'm an old member of the Eclipse community, although I'm on a new account because I can't figure out my old username (I think it was Sowtis) nor can I figure out which e-mail I used for it to recover my password.

Reason being I came back, is that I've always wanted to make a game. I actually had a pretty solid start for an offline RPG that you can play in your web browser (made with flash)

I had basic controls such as WASD movement, using your mouse to aim your character (sprite will face your cursor if you're not moving), spell hotkeys and spellcasting with mouse, depth control, tile generator, enemy spawning with different properties (aggressive, run away, etc) Although I did most of the coding, I am not sure I want to do the main coding if I were to get a group of people to make this game. I am interested in mostly doing graphics, everything BUT sprites. Sprites are my weakness (perhaps more practice I'll be good) and other animations can give me a hard time. Pretty much all of my inspiration comes from Diablo II. It is hands down my favorite game. I was really pissed when I lost all of my work on this flash game. I wiped my PC with all my stuff and forgot to bring over all my old work!

So anyway, in a few days I'll post up some examples of work I can do and get to know the active members of Eclipse once again, and try to get a dedicated group to make an RPG! Doesn't have to be MMO nor made with Eclipse, but I'm down to work with whatever the group wants to work with.

Hope to see you around! ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

EDIT: I haven't used Eclipse in ages, perhaps it has some things I've wanted it to have or it's just overall better and can be used the way I've wanted. I'm thinkin I'll make a mini game with mostly custom graphics and whatnot to show my creativity and dedication to get a group interested. Checking it out now!

> Sounds great, you'd love to see some of your work ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

I would love to see it? ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

I think I might take a good week and come up with a mini game made with Eclipse.

Played around with Eclipse for a bit, I like some of the changes! I might get VB6 and see how well I can decipher coding and modify my own bits & pieces into it.

Right now I need to get some sketch pencils and a book, I gotta start drawing sprites and whatnot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...