Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Current projects-My opinions

DrNova

Most of these are based off of first impressions.
By the posts, information provided, and screenshots in the threads, and visits to websites, if any provided.

**ACTIVE GAMES**
_Krusade Expansions-Legend of the Dragon Lord_-Average mapping, story is confusing and not very good. Features list, non existant. Last post was over a month ago

> Presumed Dead

_Krusade Online II-Eternal Blaze Fury_-Not even a post, as much as asking what they should do. 2 posts, last one in may.

> Definitly dead

_Krusade Online Expansions_-Definitly DOES NOT belong in ACTIVE GAMES!!!!!  Move it to resources or something. None of the two mentioned expansions seem to be going anywhere, and Krusade itself isnt anything but a template for others to download.

> Belongs in resources, not an active game

_Aphelion Online_-Great GUI, quality mapping, very nice added features, a pvp based game with active community. Also has a quality website.

> Looks great, as far as I can tell, since I dont know the language

_Nishansu_-Decent mapping, some need work. Features SOUND like they'd be nice.  Community seems dead if you look at the forums. Server always seems to be down.

> Needs work, needs people. Active game…..?

_Post Nuke_-Ok, so the gfx is masmatched, the world can be confusing to navigate.  But its made with TE, the storylien is solid, features are nice, quests aplenty.  Server always seems up whenever I randomly pop in just to tinker around for a while.

> A classic, truly fun gameplay. Pity more people dont play. Deserves a remake

_Pokemon Cyrus_-Amazing features and source editing. Fun gameplay, well planned features. Though browsing website and forum here it sounds like it may be dead.

> Great game, may be dead though

_Kirby's Dream World 2008_-Um. Not sure if the server is up, the forum page has a chatbox with complaints about it being down.
Mapping is rough.  Cant find any features lists.

> Active status questionable, needs work. Sub par.

_ASM Online_-Another non english game, not alot I could figure out. Hard to tell about this game.  Really nice website. Screenies are confusing.  A few of them look really nice, but alot of them seem to have issues with layering, chairs all on ground level and no floor where the items sit.  Most were taken in the map editor screen, dont know why. There are a few non map editor screens with correct layering that look good, but all are indoor screenies.  I found one peiced together world map, follows the harry potter layout decently, but looks kinda empty(hard to tell, was zoomed out)  On this forum someone says they tried it, they had some complaints.

> Hard to say, would have to actually try it to find out more.

**Non Approved Actives**

_Kryce Online_-Screenies are decent at best.  Little to no info given on the website.  Hamachi server game, that only has a select few hours a day uptime.  Website is just a forum with no activity.

> Definitly not an active game, and needs more development

_DarkEvil Online_-The developer sounds like they can edit the source, but their list of features really doesnt say much gameplay wise.  Only screenshot I found was 16 bit gfx tiles. Nice GUI, nice website. Website though states game is in beta, so this isnt an active game.  According to website, server was down at the time of this writing, but you cant download it anyways.

> Seemingly still in heavy development, not much to comment on. There is a reason this one isnt approved yet

((The rest of the waiting to be approved actives seem either dead or clearly not ready for active release. Moving on))

**Beta Testing**

_Arena_-Not much to it, a small simple arena based PVP game. Screens arent much, neither are there any real features.

> Not enough info to judge. Idea not likley to be anything but a way to spend a few minuetes of time.

_Dreams and Realms online_-Screens need alot of work. No features or story listed. Website is bad. Seems to be posted out of rushed desire just to get people to play. Developers last post was in may.

> Probably dead, would need alot of work anyways

_Destroyers Elite 4 Online_-Website needs overhaul.  Mapping is generally allright, with some issues here and there. No storyline present.  Developer seems receptive to tips and advice in his thread, seems to still be working on it for now. Not ready for beta.

> Still needs work, storyline, features.  Dev still seems to be working on it though.

_Naruto:Life of a Ninja_-I played this one breifly. Mapping is allright.  Beginners quest is allright(even though I couldnt figure it out) I didnt get very far.  Website is very basic.  Developer is recently active.

> Doesnt seem ready for beta. Developer seems to still be working on it.

_Dungeon Crawl_-Sounded like it mighta had potential, but project is dead. Developer moved on to another project.

> Project thread needs locked.

_Seven Nations_-Dead, needs locked.

> Nothing extra to put here, but I needed a quote box.

((Rest of beta games had most recent post in June, so their probably Either dead, or developer isnt very active.  Either way not active enough projects to spend time looking into.))

**Work In Progress**

_Project SS_-Played it during the breif Beta. Very addicting, fun gameplay.  One of a kind side scrolling gamplay. Very pleasant gfx.  Developer hard at work.

> One I'm really looking fowards to.

_Apocalypse of War_- Fully custom GFX, which are looking pretty good, though the tileset still needs additiong, which I'm sure is being done.  Gameplay concept sounds fun, features sound good.

> PVP only game, hard to get those started, but looks like it could be fun

_StarJumper_-Cant comment much on mine without being biased.  Mix of rpg/pvp/RTS.  Still in heavy development. Only current Sci Fi project I'm aware of.

> must resist urge to praise self…..must resist...

_A Stwalarts Tale_-Maps look pleasent, gameplay sound like it will be fun. Looks to be in early dev, so not much posted yet.

> Good start, will see where it goes

_DreamScape_-Not much posted to go on.  Seems a little generic, no storyline, no classes.  Kinda a sandbox game, I guess?  Aiming for custom GFX as far as I can tell, always good.  Not much for previews yet though.  Sounds to have alot of skills planned, other then that not much else info given.

> Doesnt seem to have a dedicated direction, still under active development

_The Chronicles of Zelda_-Taking the Zelda game in a Diable style direction, evidently.  No screenies or website, only some claims of future features.  Seems to be still in very early development. At the moment seems destined to follow all other zelda projects to the grave, we'll see.

> I like Zelda.

_World of Doak_-Revival of an old project. Old project post sounds good, good features, nice history timeline. Things may be changed though as this is a revival, not sure yet.

> Will see where it goes.

_Expedition_-Early development, world map version of screenies looks pretty good (Though I wonder how you get in buildings without doors?). Website is up, so progress in that direction, though not much done on it currently.  Forums are nice looking, I like the style.  Features seem typical, will see how they are implimented.  Will download soon and give opinion on gameplay.

> Early dev, to early to tell.

_Anthologies Online_-Solid sounding development team and work ethic.  The storyline isnt bad, but slightly generic, player's time in the game sounds to be a part of story progression maye, will have to see how that turns out.  The list of features planned/in development sounds pretty good, would make for a unique gameplay, providing these all or most, become reality.  Website is organized, though not very entertaining.  Custom work to GUI looks good, however, also isnt very showy.  The style of top down is an interesting shift.  Custom gfx is a nice touch, and doesnt look to bad, though the roads are to "patchworky" in my opinion, needs to mesh itself a little better.

> Good plans and progress, worth keeping an eye on

((will finish later.  Again, all these are opinions based on impressions from their posts here, screenies, and any website info they have))

The reason you're not seeing much from DreamScape is because we scraped the tiles and started over…the skills system is being worked on by munro right now, and the graphics that were up were outdated so I deleted tem...we should be releasing stuff in about two weeks, we're also keeping a little more secretive, we won't give our forums address out or anything...don't worry, we're dedicated...I don't think that the others would like to be called un-dedicated...  ;D

• 2 weeks later...