Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GUI Experimenting

Robin

Experimenting with GUI ideas. Also, showing off the kind of attributes we use for the bridge xD

People can walk over + under at the same time.

They're also in use in the lower and upper left to show off how to make a ledge without use of lop-sided blocks.

![](http://www.legendofmirage.com/images/lom-2.PNG)

C&C for the graphical part? And what about the layout? Too over-loaded? It looks pretty heavy with the attributes all loaded up, but it seems to me to be fairly easy on the eyes during gameplay.

wait a sec if im rigth thats a same exact map from final fantasy 5 i forgot wat town it was but thats a part of that town. idk just wanted to point that out. the whole skill quicky thing is ausome i cant figure out to do that with my game lol u should teach me over msn…XD

Select Case KeyASCII
Case vbKeyF1
CastSpell index, QuickSlot(1)

Case vbKeyF2
CastSpell index, QuickSlot(2)

etc. etc.

Something like that. It's very simple.
And yeah, the map is a rip from the original FF5.

I haven't ripped enough tiles out to make any custom maps atm, and I need to begin work on creating some joining tiles to make the set seamless. I just really loved the concept of going over and under the same bridge and wanted to work it into the game ;D

@Robin:

> Select Case KeyASCII
> Case vbKeyF1
> CastSpell index, QuickSlot(1)
>
> Case vbKeyF2
> CastSpell index, QuickSlot(2)
>
> etc. etc.
>
> Something like that. It's very simple.
> And yeah, the map is a rip from the original FF5.
>
> I haven't ripped enough tiles out to make any custom maps atm, and I need to begin work on creating some joining tiles to make the set seamless. I just really loved the concept of going over and under the same bridge and wanted to work it into the game ;D

wow thats not hard at all… wats key ASCII?

It's the ASCII code of the pressed keyboard key. It's automatically logged by the ButtonDown subroutine in the form, so you just need to do a check against your desired VB key-code and write in what you want to happen.

Looks great Robin. I love the old school Final Fantasy graphics. I have to disagree with Shrig, i like the F1-12 keys on the top. It spreads out the GUI and doesn't make the bottom area feel so cluttered. Also if that is an actual game window size, thats really cool. I love the small GUI, it makes it so you don't feel trapped in the game, so you can casually play and do other things at the same time.

\o/
|  < - wee! Someone got Gameboy MMO ^^
/ \

Just kidding. Very well, seems like its a cool idea to make the screen smaller, FF graphs ftw ^^, and the GUI looks good too, I just wonder how the inventory will show up tho…

@Riley:

> link=topic=29673.msg267761#msg267761 date=1217730007]
> \o/
> |  < - wee! Someone got Gameboy MMO ^^
> / \
>
> Just kidding. Very well, seems like its a cool idea to make the screen smaller, FF graphs ftw ^^, and the GUI looks good too, I just wonder how the inventory will show up tho…

The inventory will be rendered over the actual game.

@Elder:

> I like it, but it seems odd that the GUI is taller than it is wide.

As I said, it's experimenting. Trying to do something a bit different.

@Hyperion:

> I hate you Robin :P You say your super new to Photoshop and that your not any good at it and then you go and create things like this.  Lose talent, your making all the people like me that just sit around on the forums look bad! :P

:3

• 2 weeks later...