Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Squiddle's questions…

Squiddle

~~1\. Is trading possible in EE 2.7? I know how to do everything except trade…~~
2\. I'm having a problem with getting my game to other people. I don't want them to be able to edit graphics and such since I need to send them the entire client folder using himatchi. Is there a way to lock it or something? Because hidding it cause the files to get lost.
~~3\. Is there any good free website creators that will let me post my on line game? Just give them a link to the instillation and they can download it?~~
~~4\. Does eclipe work with Vista? Because if it doesn't my friend can't play =(.~~
5\. For some reason the buttons in the bank are sticky. There's like a 2 by 2 pixel area around the deposit and withdrawl buttons that you have to click for them to work. BTW I'm using a custum jpg GUI.
6\. Is there any way to save the GUI's as a different file? Because whenever I create a nice GUI and save it turns all blurry. Maybe it's eclipse that does this or maybe it's just the jpg file type.
~~7\. Is there a way to make enemies that are supposed to attack on sight NOT attack you if they can't damage you? Like, calculate the players total armour and compare it to the enemy's strength?~~
~~8\. How do I find my router's username and pass? Because I need it to Port Forward, and it's not my router so I can't reset it and edit my settings =(.~~
~~9\. Where's a good 32 by 32 paperdoll sheet? Because I've been looking all over and the search engine brings up any topic with the word 'paper doll' in it.~~

If I have further questions I will edit  ;).

|
  |
  ----
/      \_____
|  |            \
|                \          <-------Squiddle ^.^
---------------

1) yeah, i think its "/trade"
2) don't give a crap if they edit the graphics. It doesn't effect the gameplay for others.
3) the only executable files that can be activated off of a web browser is activeX files (IE Only), flash, and java. And as far as I know, active X objects require Internet Explorer and java requires the website to be on the same machine as the server. For free website, try geocities and use either ".tk" or "no-ip" to make your site look more legit.

> 2) don't give a crap if they edit the graphics. It doesn't effect the gameplay for others.

Some people steal other games graphics and use them on their games, like if a noob downloaded someone elses eclipse game, and stole that persons tilesets…

@Neku:

> Use the click team installer and have it install the game into ssome folder not many people think about? I do not know

It says the destination right on the installer. That wouldnt help.  I honestly dont know what would. What about Baron's thing? The GFX Encryptor or something?

2.) Host the client using the basic IP (just change the port so say goodbye to hamachi) then send via Megaupload or something and the library files along with (figure something out with WinRAR, it really does work miracles here).
4.) No, it does for some people, but not all.
7.) Yes, but you would have to code all that in. That specific code would be simple, but would be slightly long.

Hope that helps =3

2.Errr, do you mean by portforwarding? Because it doesn't work for me. And wont it need the other client files to load like the GUI and sprites? Or is that the beauty of Port Forwarding?
4\. Thanks ^.^.
7\. How do I code that in? I don't use source…

2) Here's a good tutorial for portforwarding:
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,29837.msg268897.html#new
4)I think there's a way to get it to work on Vista. I'll look into it, there might be a tutorial somewhere.
5)If you're getting the problem while using Custom GUI, then it's your problem. Try getting the exact dimensions of the button and making that on your GUI.
6)BMP shouldn't be blurry. If anything, .gif, .jpeg, or .png should be.
7)That requires source edit.

Yes I do make the exact demmensions of the button, I work with layered porrams. I don't know why BMP blurrs, but it just does 0.o I'll try to look into the portforwarding tutorial. So if it's source only I guess I'll have to deal with it, because I don't want to restart my entire game.

6.) If you are having problems with blurry images, it is most likely the format you are saving them in. The GUI for Eclipse searches for all GUI files ending in .bmp, .jpeg, and .gif. Save your images in a different format and delete the old format. For example.

Change:
MainMenu.gif  –-> MainMenu.bmp

Then delete MainMenu.gif.

Simply saving in a higher quality format and deleting the old format should fix it. Keep in mind though, that if you are editing one of the blurry images and save that in a new format, it will remain blurry. You will most likely have to redo the images.

@Squiddle:

> Yes my parents must have set one…
> is there absouloutely no way to find your username and pass without reseting the entire d-link? Gear thanks let me try that, brb.

You'd have to ask your parents, I guess.

Alex, he tried that already.

Squiddle: Looks like you're going to have to use Hamachi, if nobody knows your router's ID and password.

Oh no, I'll never stick with hamachi >.<. It has so many flaws, I can't stand it and neither can my friends. There must be a way around this, well, I've never tried administrator…

Edit

But I just did and it doesn't work T.T. Come on there has to be a hidden way, a file or something, that contrains your router's ID and password.