Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Engine Store

AustinBSmith

I was wondering i know this might take forever or might not work but adding a Engine code store. So like you go to Server Panel and click a tab call Code Store and you can install a Guild code and its files and it will install itself into the engine so you don't have to do it. It sounds like a lazy way out but its still useful for newbies. But while in the Shop you can get to a editor to add the stuff you like yourself. Editor should like kinda like VB6 and kinda have the same coding to help Newbies figure out the real coding of VB6\. Not everything installs itself only simple coded Scripts should only install it self but large codes you would have to do yourself. While in the Editor you can change the max levels or how much exp total.

this takes more work than making a guild system from scratch. it is the lazy way out which tells me you shouldn't even be creating a game. if you need to do lazy ways out, then i feel insulted to even call you a developer ._.' do not take this the wrong way, i just feel you shouldn't even be considered a developer if you need a complete store for things you could create and have more on your name. just saying.

Anyways, it's not something everyone would want. just my opinion.

> Like everyone said, this is a lazy way to do it. And quite stupid as well.

Yes because everyone who comes to eclipse needs to learn to code these now. I miss the good old days.

A system like that would be nice but it'll never happen unfortunately.

In fact you mean a plugin system,

It can't be done with vb6,well not properly since the only way I know of is dll COM ,it s messy laagy and bugy

Still the lazy way is always the faster way, maybe Marshy Dearest should do it on his new engine

> In fact you mean a plugin system,
>
> It can't be done with vb6,well not properly since the only way I know of is dll COM ,it s messy laagy and bugy
>
> Still the lazy way is always the faster way, maybe Marshy Dearest Dearest Dearest should do it on his new engine

Thank you for understanding, The other people thinking i meant do everything on the system Understanding getting VB6 is not easy in 2013 Marshy Dearest Dearest should try to use VB7 he/she could get more features added into eclipse but how everyone thinks right now i am a guy that's to lazy but why go though 10 downloads to get the right program when you have the system. In the system i don't mean everything is coded into it but just the simple stuff like setting the max level to any level in game or on server panel or getting a simple code to fix a bug or glitch. there should a editer with it so we don't have to download a windows visual basic that is not upgraded to 2013

The funny thing is, the topic this guy is suggesting is exactly how modern phones work, how modern OS X computers work, and how Windows 8 works.

Everyone is moving to the "App Store" or whatever they call it now.

I can't remember what OS X calls it, but the new operating system (Lion) was able to be installed via their App Store when you were running Leopard. If this isn't the most complex and powerful thing out there in terms of stores then I don't know what is.

The fact is, it would be pretty easy to do in VB6\. Especially if we went to the old days of having a scripting language instead of having to have a full IDE just to get the basics in there. (I.e. Guild Systems and Quest Systems) There was another engine that had this type of system developed by a user of that engine, and it was a script you installed into your Main Script that would allow you to install and remove other scripts. Now how awesome is that?

Thanks,

Maverick

I'm all for it.

The matter is finding where to upload said scripts/plugins/whatever, how are we going to make it look/function, and who is going to/how we're going to populate it.

I'll take it up with Matthew, and see if we'll develop on the concept, and I'll put back what we can come up with.

If someone developed their like engine like the way you said Marshy Dearest could upload a code that searches for a code or scripts on a FTP kinda like if you open this system it would load Names of codes that are on the FTP for Eclipse and to make money you could make some of the items Donaters only so if you donated to Eclipse you could get those other files. To me this sounds like a great idea but other people got their Options

> yay we're going back to broke ass scripting <3

Who said anything about scripting?

In my opinion, we should build on [Automata](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/123901-eclipse-automata-revision-2/#entry791614), allow users to upload source edits with the right formatting to a storefront, convert some already existing and popular tutorials into the correct format, and let the user compile after addition.

It'd allow us to actually have good version control, and would actually serve as a general-purpose updater, if we could build on it.

Believe me. I would love to NOT head back to scripting, but it's fairly obvious that simple work as opposed to learning to do it seems to be the general consensus now, as much as it kills me. So, just say "oh well", and go along with it, so, I'd like to come up with an alternative to scripting that wouldn't kill the engine, rather than just resist it. Yes, I've given up trying to tell people to learn. ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

> Who said anything about scripting?
>
> In my opinion, we should build on [Automata](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/123901-eclipse-automata-revision-2/#entry791614), allow users to upload source edits with the right formatting to a storefront, convert some already existing and popular tutorials into the correct format, and let the user compile after addition.
>
> It'd allow us to actually have good version control, and would actually serve as a general-purpose updater, if we could build on it.
>
> Believe me. I would love to NOT head back to scripting, but it's fairly obvious that simple work as opposed to learning to do it seems to be the general consensus now, as much as it kills me. So, just say "oh well", and go along with it, so, I'd like to come up with an alternative to scripting that wouldn't kill the engine, rather than just resist it. Yes, I've given up trying to tell people to learn. ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

Yes i agree with the Editor like i was thinking about you could add to Eclipse with this system you could easily learn VBs if you set up the Editor to look like VB6 so now you got a simple Editor that could teach you a lot about scripting and learning VB6 coding

> ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

Fair point. I only said that as a catch-all term.

Anyway, rather than focus on one irrelevant flaw in my logic, do you agree with the rest, or not?

I suggested it with the hope that somebody else could develop it, and help it become something that is well used.

That is, if Matthew agrees, of course. ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

With all the coding yes this new version of what i was thinking would be hard but useful at the long run helpifuly they develope a eclipse with what i thought and use it ![:rolleyes:](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif)

> this takes more work than making a guild system from scratch. it is the lazy way out which tells me you shouldn't even be creating a game. if you need to do lazy ways out, then i feel insulted to even call you a developer ._.' do not take this the wrong way, i just feel you shouldn't even be considered a developer if you need a complete store for things you could create and have more on your name. just saying.
>
> Anyways, it's not something everyone would want. just my opinion.

This is not my developer account. F.Y.I my game could soon be help in creation by [ILogos](http://www.ilogos.biz/), they helped create games that 25 million people play. So i am a horrible developer? tell what big name company supported you. Next time think about what your replying too. Plus i made this to help newbies understand the lines of Codes if they add this system they should add a Editor which would help newbies.

If game crushes and i lost data i can just use my backups. If it don't work i have different computers to check if everything is working i have everything planned out and i am really for any miss ups or Crashes i know what i am do.

Developing this for Eclipse is not my job for eclipse if they want it in their engine they can add, Adding this would reduce the risk of unstalling a VB6 file with viruses until Eclipse has VB6 links and tell you how to use it then a Editor would be great for everyone and not Newbies

> Oh really, 25 million? You're game must be amazing then..

i noticed that as well but didn't feel like calling it out being as almost every newb that joins comes in saying they own/work for a company and creates awesome things.

i would really like to see 1 example of a game he/she has created.

> [Here](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/133211-coming-soon-project-austin-2d-world-improved-june-32013)
>
> Would also like to say the engine store would be a good way to distribute user made systems.

10/10 would play. i would totally recommend this game to anyone ![:o](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.png)

> The other idiots thinking i meant

I was fairly close to warning you for this. Try to be more friendly next time. That goes for many people who posted in this thread.

EDIT: I've cleaned up the thread. Let's try to stay on topic.

In response to a few members, including myself, who were encouraging new users to learn to use VB6, I was planning on posting a few tutorials explaining basic statement structure, variable types, and then expanding to others such as "How to add a new variable to the PlayerRec, and how to use it".

Anyways, about the "App Store" idea, I'm curious to know if it would be more work getting this idea up and running, or just making another "custom version" of EclipseVB filled with the countless features that people desire. That brings me to my other question; What edits do the users want in their engine that isn't there now?