Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Barfalch: a multiplayer hangout

ddunit

Just updated!!!
forums! here is the link: http://barfalch.ipbfree.com/index.php?
~~info~~
<><><><>

Well, after 2 failed projects(:sad:) i come back with something new and have an idea of making it work this time! Before starting the game or ANYTHING i will need a team of sprite makers, scripters but most important PAPERDOLLERS (Why? read farther to understand)

OK, now ill talk about the features (yeez!). This game is still gonna be an mmorpg don't freak they will still be monsters but i got a pretty nice idea! To get like bunny ears (which will be rare) you'll have to go trough a side -scroller dungeon!(lostica style! I give credit of the idea to miguu tho)with at the end the convoyed item you'll have to fight a boss which drops a key to open a door behind him and when you pickup item you get warp to outside of dungeon (so noobs just not keep picking it up  lol) To get to the dungeon you'll have to go to an area filled with monsters that drops less rare items to money!

The screenshots will come when i get my team cause well i cant really make a sprite that can wear paperdolled items >.<

Okay, first of all, can you include screenshots?
Second of all, you can't make side scrollers in eclipse, the best you can do is _simulate_ the style of side scrolling games.
@Robin:

> A side-scrolling game or side-scroller is a video game in which the gameplay action is viewed from a side-view camera angle, and the onscreen characters generally move from the left side of the screen to the right in order to reach their goals. These games make use of scrolling computer display technology.

Third:You're making an unending paradox here what with your last statement. You shouldn't be posting this if you don't have an screenshots, which you can do perfectly well without a team, who won't join you unless you get any screenshots up.
Fourth: Why include that you've failed at 2 projects earlier? It will make people think you're going to fail this one as well, and make people less inclined to join you.
Lastly, I recommend reading the stickies before posting a thread.
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,6163.0.html

Hmmm this is recruiting center not work in progress and i said i wont start working on the game until i get a valuable team so the ss's will have to wait and epic

Epicfail thats 1 reason ppl dont like you , you cant even say somthing contructive

and delid wanna join the team?

okay,
@Hail: Try to be nicer to the poor guy, instead of using an aggressive tone advise him in a passive tone.
@Franky: dude…is that really constructive and have anything to do with this thread
@ddunit: You need to include a little bit more info. Also try and make a banner or something visual, so people have a way to judge your game. You don't need much, but you do need a hook to reel in the fish...

hmm can a mod clear this CLEARLY noone here is interested in join my team and has the read b4 posting says: only post if you wanna join the team it gets irritating if random ppl just come and spam your thread about mostly off topic stuff >.<

@shrig94:

> I was providing you with ideas on how to improve your main post, I feel offended that you would say my time and help is spam.

I could say that the spam involved was maybe somehow about the messages that has no link with the original post, such as talking about coding gravity or talking about making a side scroller or even me telling that there is some spam. All this is off-topic stuff, you guys don,t want any of this sh- around your presentation topic, then just make your own post if you are gonna turn the topic the way you want.

This guy is looking for help, in this here there are some messages that should be removed - mine included since there would be no point in it if originally the topic wasn't filled with off-topics posts.

To stay a little bit in topic i would say: The post makes you feel like the ultimate goal of the game is to open a door with no storyline, and the said features doesn't look like  features, but most likely an overview of a part of the game. if you could point out what features (special add-on such as job/skill system, custom graphics or else) would be in the game, now that could be good to know.
You have no interest in saying your project fails except if you can guarantee you'll not fail this one (or make us feel like its not gonna fail) cuz this is like going to get a job and say you got fired twice for the same reason and not giving a guarantee you'll corect what leaked.

I hope this can help in further research for beople, but for me, I'm somehow busy with scripting for Ages of Fantasy and my own project.

Riley id like to get a scripter before even saying anything about scripts so if i have an awesome scripter i could get better stuff and if i dont have much anythin good as a scripter i couldnt get those so i just dont wanna do fake promises

and my other projects didnt fail i just abondonned them cause no-one applyed even after 2 weeks >.<

BTW:ill start mapping soon for the normal citys monster areas, ill wait a bit for item dungeons and paperdoll for the last 2 days ive been trying to perfect the sprite but ive got problemes with alignment (argh >.<) so ill use some random sprite xD