Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Drawing Grass..

Drummerpete

Well, there's a bunch. But, what I'm doing now is start by making ur own little green grass color palette. Then, start with the darkest shade on the tile and fill it with the color. Then with the spray-paint tool sprinkle it with the next lightest shade of color, then the next lightest, then the next…etc. This is form Kusy's Tile tutorial

well i don't know if u have access to Photoshop or Gimp or programs like those ones… but well if u have then u could try to create u're own burshes withl each realistic pictures of grass and mix them by a way that u will use them with a random pattern... i tryed it and looks pretty real... the photoshop need to be paid, but well if u don't have paid for it in mind then go straigh for gimp!!!... is really good and similar to photoshoop.. and FREE! :P... hope u'll find what u want.

I found making grass tiles quite easy, without using any special tools or tutorials… simple MS Paint.

Get a pallete of 3 colours... 4 If you want. Try to make the contrast quite great.

1\. Fill the square with the second darkest shade of green.

2\. Get the second lightest green and make some even, 4 or 5 pixel lines facing vertical (not perfectly straight, add some variety).

3\. Fill in some of the open spots with some 1 or 2 pixel lines with the second lightest, again.

4\. On the right hand, and top of each line, add a 1 pixel outline with the lightest shade.

5\. Within the gaps, now, and on the left and bottom of each line, use the darkest colour to add more depth to the tile.

6\. Make sure you tile with tile with itself, making sure the edge pixels will line up...

That's basically it, thats how I made the entry into last months graphics contest.

a quick way to make pretty nice grass is to start with the base green color you want in a tile. Then start by selecting the "Dodge/Burn" tool, and make sure its set to "Burn". I usually select the "Confetti" brush setting, and just keep burning a pattern into the grass until i get something that looks like grass. Its a quick way to make some decent grass.

If you have adobe Photoshop CS2:
Get two green colors on the palete.
Make sure that one is very bright and one i kindof dark.
Now go to filters and select percolation.

Lol thats it. And it has a great effect.

![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/Magicshmop/SS-1.jpg)

made this a while ago, very simple technique.

make a pallete.Fill the background with the middle-most tone of color. Take ure mouse with the next tone, the lighter one, and move it back and forth in a wave motion, kinda like below.

![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/Magicshmop/tut.jpg)

Take the next highest tone, and fill in the middle of the blotch you made with it. Take the next highest, and do it agian.

Same with the darker tones of the grass. Turns out nicely if you do it right.

Can add some finishing touches by just takeing the pencil tool and makeing verticle lines here and there, to give the 'grassy cartoon' look.

Hope this helps.