Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What do YOU want to see in 2.8?

Mellowz

@Shadowwulf:

> i dont think its all that easy to make a skills/quest system that would cater to the majority.

Already designed it, posted the concept on development boards ages back. Sent the entirety of the communication code to developers at the time, just needed a visual front end. never saw or heard anything about it again.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is due to that the engine development is now a sub board of forum administration. So if you cant see forum administration then you cant see the sub boards you should have access to. Ill ask the other devs if they can see it. I may have to change some permissions.

Please enable speed for NPC's and possibly provide some assistance to all of us that want NPC's that shoot. I think we're all of the same mind that if a player can shoot, why not an NPC? but obviously all of us asking are not cluey enough to figure it out. Ill be honest this is a great engine and could be so much more versatile if those two things were implemented. Making any type of space or sci-fi mmo with this engine is virtually hopeless without an NPC that can shoot back at you.

@Marsh:

> I think that is due to that the engine development is now a sub board of forum administration. So if you cant see forum administration then you cant see the sub boards you should have access to. Ill ask the other devs if they can see it. I may have to change some permissions.

I don't think Homicidal Monkey can see it either because he hasn't posted in the Engine Development forum yet, even in his welcome topic. xD

Going back to my custom menu wants… It would be nice to be able to erase a lable, txtbox, image... without having to close the whole menu. Currently I dont think there is any way you can remove a label, without just hiding it. Also a way to close the menu when the menu is set to not closable. My assumption on making a menu not closable was to disable the close button in the top corner... but you should still be able to close it through a script. That just makes more sense to me.

@Gwen:

> Going back to my custom menu wants… It would be nice to be able to erase a lable, txtbox, image... without having to close the whole menu. Currently I dont think there is any way you can remove a label, without just hiding it. Also a way to close the menu when the menu is set to not closable. My assumption on making a menu not closable was to disable the close button in the top corner... but you should still be able to close it through a script. That just makes more sense to me.

I have no idea how that system works as dg1423 implemented that.

well assuming that scribbles knew the code for the custom menus… I dont think you would need to change code for what i requested. you would just add code to add functionality to be able to remove things.

But then again, I dont do source stuff so I dont really know what im talking about.

The day Eclipse is converted to DirectX8 I will shat brix.
And by new version I mean compleatly rewrite it to DX8 :P

Edit: Suggestion:
Make it so you can close registration.
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,31258.msg284628/boardseen.html#new

@Gwen:

> well assuming that scribbles knew the code for the custom menus… I dont think you would need to change code for what i requested. you would just add code to add functionality to be able to remove things.
>
> But then again, I dont do source stuff so I dont really know what im talking about.

You would do this by unloading elements of a control array once a packet is recieved client side.
The packet is sent through a command in SadScript.

```
If LCase(parse(0)) = "custommenudelete" Then
    n = Val(Parse(1))
    x = Val(Parse(2))

Select Case x
        Case 0
            Unload frmCustom.txtCustom(n)
            Unload frmCustom.cmdCustom(n)

Case 1
            Unload frmCustom.lblCustom(n)

Case 2
            Unload frmCustom.cmdCustom(n)

Case 3
            Unload frmCustom.lstIForgetWhatTheyAre(n)
    End Select
End If

```
they really need to fix the code box css…
And sorry for the code, i was in a programming mood XD

I'd like to see-

#1 Option for Diablo 2 style currency, it does not go into your inventory. It is shown on your GUI, somewhere near your inventory.
#2 Different currency quantity graphics, eg a coin for 1-9, pile of coins for 10-99, etc.
#3 Each NPC makes a different sound when hit/killed. (easily scripted nonetheless)
#4 Each Weapon makes a different sound when used.
#5 Different character genders make different sounds on death, on taking damage, and so forth.

As i look through the source i am finding some things out i would have never realized otherwise.

NPCs should be affected by tiels other than npc avoid and block. Kill and heal should also work along with any other applicable attributes.

Not sure if there is a better way, but ring/necklace durabilty loss on attack is kind of weird to me.

Well, what I would really like, is placing the sprites in RMXP format… we have to convert them every time, and it's hard to do (including removing the right picture). Also, you should make it easier to send Data from Client to Server and from Server to Client. It's way to complicated.

Anasky