Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Friendlier Eclipse

Marsh

I think that though the forums are still generally a friendly place that we should start being more careful in what we say to newcomers and everyone in general. I think what sets us apart from the other engines is that this is a friendly community where everyone **should** feel welcome.  If you see someone posting a question that has been answered a dozen times, either point him towards a relevant topic or simply ignore it. Flaming is never ok, or warranted. I will be going through the forum in the next few days handing out warnings to anyone that is posting insulting or crude material.

You cant prevent the flow of improper posts or repeated questions but that doesn't give you the right to post negative comments back. You are just stooping to there level. So it basically comes down to if you feel annoyed or have a problem with a member, use the report function and leave it alone.

Heres to making and keeping Eclipse a friendly and newcomer friendly atmosphere.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No point in putting people down and calling them newbs. Its not like were are professional game makers. There is a reason where using a free no knowledge needed engine. No point in thinking your better then anyone else here. If you don't have something nice to say don't say nothing.

@Spike:

> in england, we have learned to never question the marsh

Heh, remember that world domination thread we had on the green forums when it first started. Where everyone picked a country and tried to take over the world.

Not sure why anyone would argue to be a jerk to people that come to Eclipse though.

@Kreator:

> Hi, I'm Kreator.
>
> Yeah I'll try and lay off the newbies for a while. I'll resist any urge to tell them how much I hate them.  =)

Ohhh I know who you are all right!!! -.-
:P

Its just been so quiet with you gone for a while I didnt know that there was still hatred towards the newbies.