Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Legend of Zelda ORPG - Early mockup (feedback required)

Dark Crusade

My opinion about the customized

It looks alright, but I just dont get a zelda feel from it.
Its to, dimmed, kind of dulled down.

As a weather effect or area effect I think it would look good, but as the average, a but to dulled.
I think you should try a shot at a balance inbetween.
Like, not so "dimmed".  I just think its a little bit overdone, if that makes sence, try backing off just a little, and see how it looks

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm I actually like the second one better, but OH MY GOD CONTINUUM!! The stairs go up, but follow the path around that hillish block, I'm seriously tripping out over that, it's like "Whee, up the stairs, around the corner, down the path, and up the stairs, around the corner, down the path, and up the stairs, etc, etc.."

The second one will make for a much more atmospheric game. Of course, if you're using Dx8 for your engine, use the original palette as it's a lot easier to saturate colours than make them more… colourful? I have no idea about the terms, but from an artist point of view, the second palette all the way.

@dg1423:

> hmm I actually like the second one better, but OH MY GOD CONTINUUM!! The stairs go up, but follow the path around that hillish block, I'm seriously tripping out over that, it's like "Whee, up the stairs, around the corner, down the path, and up the stairs, around the corner, down the path, and up the stairs, etc, etc.."

Haha, It's just a quick mockup.

Thanks for the feedback guys, at the moment the poll is 50% both ways.

@Japez:

> Haha, Chances is:
>
> We'll use the original palette and just use the DX8 engine to change it accordingly, so in places it might be dark to suit the mood (Graveyard etc) , and other places bright like in the Lost woods and such.

I think that would be a good idea. And if I'm correct, hue changes and such can be made with DX8 graphics engine anyway.

Another thing that concerns me a little is that all non-zelda fans, or people who aren't familiar with zelda much, or at all- are likely to vote custom due to the fact that it looks better, regardless of the fact that it may not be so memorable or familiar as Zelda graphics.

But either way, we hope to engage an audience of both zelda fans and non-zelda fans.

i like the first palette. it looks more natrual with the zelda game. in my opinion, link looks retarted with black hair, although the yellow hair is a bit unnatrual. I think it would look better with a darker shade of yellow. also, nice hylian text. i dont remember seeing THAT in any zelda game! keep up the awesome work.

• 2 weeks later...
Key Word: Color, and thats why i think the first one is more presentable, opens your eyes more and isnt of dull color, not to knock the 2nd one, its still cool, but the brightness in those rgbs are brilliant, and to hear you say there going to be improved leaves me excited to see your progress. nice work mate.