Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A small poll involving Pokemon and Digimon + YGO (req. UberBear)

anasky

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plot is everything that happens in a story. <.< gah noobs.
I got made fun of for playing pokemon games, then I wrote a 10page paper about how it helped me become a my rational and quick thinker, and it stopped quickly. I've even gotten some people you'd never expect to play pokemon to pick it up and enjoy it, just because of how I talked about it.  yugioh is a card game, and has a pattern, Pokemon's system is much more complex, just when you think you've figured it out you get owned and have to rethink everything. Card games are about having the best cards. Pokemon was about having the best strategy. I still need to beat my friend and his Japanese gengar. lol sorry about that little digression. If you don't agree with me it's fine, but I still say Pokemon ftw.

YGO has more strategy then Pokemon…
Having the best cards don't let you automatically win (except for Exodia then).
Pokemon is more like having high cash and good pokemons, and you own everyone that crosses your path (I instantly 1-hit-KO with my lvl 100 shiny celebi xD)

If you were to pick a Ds and play online you might find otherwise. Most people laugh at things like "My level 100 Shiny Celebi" They call that a hack and refuse to play with you. Your telling me as if I've never played yugioh? I did and I won the very same way I'm telling you. I'm speaking from experience. There are a lot more factors in Pokemon than people think. For instance I had a perfectly balanced team, No legendaries, and technically sound. I got beat by my friend because he put all of them to sleep. Now some would say you can't counter that but there is a way, as I was informed after he beat me. In yugioh there's very little strategy, You buy cards and build a deck. As long as your deck is stacked well and has strong cards it's pretty hard to lose.

@kerii:

> If you were to pick a Ds and play online you might find otherwise. **Most people laugh at things like "My level 100 Shiny Celebi" They call that a hack and refuse to play with you**. Your telling me as if I've never played yugioh? I did and I won the very same way I'm telling you. I'm speaking from experience. There are a lot more factors in Pokemon than people think. For instance I had a perfectly balanced team, No legendaries, and technically sound. I got beat by my friend because he put all of them to sleep. Now some would say you can't counter that but there is a way, as I was informed after he beat me. In yugioh there's very little strategy, You buy cards and build a deck. As long as your deck is stacked well and has strong cards it's pretty hard to lose.

**Ever heard of events?**
Duh, make HIM sleep, or use a pokemon that's not effective against normal/psychic moves.

@DezireSoft:

> Yu-Gi-Oh, I hate it, but UberBear did a good job on it from what I see.

thanks :P, yeah i learned PHP in like only 2 days worth of time lol, and i got a later screenshot, this is about a week ago before i got stuck up with homework XD:
![](http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/3096/39047820hk5.png)
yah i'm working on a duel log atm.

• 1 month later...
I still don't yugioh is that complicated. The best way to beat the sleeping thing is to take that one out quickly. I've since made a change to my team that made it work. It's true that level is a factor in pokemon but most people wouldn't want to play where they have a huge disadvantage. Now I did manage to beat a type disadvantage(water vs fire) and I was so surprised that I won I nearly peed myself. There are alot of factors, type, level, items bonuses, personality bonuses, stat bonuses, plus there's always dumb luck. I'm sure I didn't get them all but those are all the ones I try to use to my advantage. Yu-Gi-Oh is a complex game, but it's a card game that takes only one kind of stratagey to be good at it. The thing that I'm learning about Pokemon is that there isn't just one good set, there a billions of great and surprising combination. In Yugioh you can change one card in your deck and be able to win in hundreds of ways while in Pokemon if you change one Pokemon you may expose hundreds of new weaknesses. Uberbear I have enjoyed this argument, don't mistake my argumentative nature for dislike, I would like for you help me design some of the combat system in my game. Plus I noticed all the things your skilled in.

I got a Yu-Gi-Oh deck on my DS.
When I change one card (Slifer the Sky Dragon), my whole deck is based on drawing a card which isn't in the deck!
Sure, pokemon has some other strategies, but it also is over-done: to many fangames, they make new ones to make profit etc etc.
@kerii:

> I have enjoyed this argument, don't mistake my argumentative nature for dislike

lol, you see my point. I'm not saying that Pokemon is the best game in the world. from time to time I wish they would kill it already. I mean GOOD GOD THEY MADE A POKEMON THAT'S A COMBINATION OF A SHARK AND A JET, WTF!!!!!! The game I want to make is something that is fun and is new, not the same overplayed garbage. Crazy it may be, but hey I'd rather see pikachu beating charmander down with a keyblade then see the same old quick attack or electric attack.  I always tell my friends this to intise them about my game "Imagine this, Pikachu beating charizard down with a keyblade while using Bonkai." Now if you look at that idea it's insanely nutz but it sounds fun. (also due to copyrighting laws I don't know if I can call the power up bonkai even if it does the same thing as the one in the show… though I'm not selling the game so i don't think they would have a problem...) Point being the standard Pokemon/Yugioh games are done to death so do something crazy or get out of it.

yeah, digimon is something i didn't ever like, its pretty much a copy of pokemon, yugioh is different cause its monsters in cards, not like monsters that you capture, you earn cards from winning duels compared to catching pokemon ;). thats pretty much my thinking. i was going to make a pokemon game till i heard the news that gamefreak is done.

@•Rydinophor•:

> yeah, _digimon is something i didn't ever like_, its pretty much a copy of pokemon, yugioh is different cause its monsters in cards, not like monsters that you capture, you earn cards from winning duels compared to catching pokemon ;). thats pretty much my thinking. i was going to make a pokemon game till i heard the news that game**freak** is done.

**You're talking about yourself here?**
_Incorrect_
_Correct_

Well, you're getting my point.
Uber, if YOU pick 300 cards, can you name (+ give effect) when you see the picture?

No Game Freak isn't done. Pokemon Platinum will be in the US in three to four months tops. The best thing to do is to look this stuff up. I've not heard anything about Yugioh or digimon for ages. I agree that Pokemon is on it's last leg with the generation that made it popular, but it is still popular enough to sell a couple million copies in each of the countries they market it to. My final conclusion is that though all three are slight alterations of the same basic idea, Pokemon has held on the longest.

As far as I'm concerned with digimon, at first I ddin't like the idea at all, but it grew on me after a while. Of the four seasons that aired over here in the states I liked two and three. Of the two I defiantly liked the latter a lot more.  I liked yugioh enough to watch the show and found it a lot more interesting than the card game. I even watched the gx spin off they made.

Pokemon is out of date because they always stick to the same methods in their games. Catch them, train them, battle them, give us more money. As you can see by the last one I am implying that much like the other two of the a fore mentioned things, Pokemon's continued expansion is more of a marketing ploy to keep the Franchise alive and to produce more money from the withering cash cow. So I'll finish this up by rating the three titles on some different areas and leave it up for debate.

Card games: Of the three I'd say that I thought yugioh the best and most complicated; however, I would not go so far as to proclaim yugioh the best with this observation only.

Video games: of all the games I've played I tened to like the Digimon games the best. There was usually a lot lest collect them all in those. Of the games that I would still enjoy playing I would have to pick pokemon, simply because they are still fairly popular and though they might be a cult favorite amongst people in my age range(16-25) they are still very challenging to master, the first time around. Of course there are many things I would personally like to see change, I really have few to no complaints.

I'll stick with my insane pokemon game for the time being, mainly because I'm only doing this as a hobby. I'll be happy to continue the debate though.
TV: This category I'll have to leave it up in the air. I enjoyed all three series and don't have to many complaints. I'll only state that there's a pokemon episode every weekday at 8am and leave it at that.

I did have an essay published in a book. :P Actually the person it's about bought the book. :)

I'm a good writer when I try, and I've been working on it for a while. Also I proofread my work as best I can, I even go back and fix mistakes I miss when re reading my posts.

Well, as time goes, so do my interests.
Digimon was it for a while, but only because Driocku knew everything about it, and that would be the easiest to make a game about.
Now, YGO on the DS OWNZ!!! Also, I got like 300-400 cards in my room, and I can name + give effect every single one of them, as long as I see the picture.

So, actually, combining all those games together makes it just perfect (Chricic xD)

aww yeah that would be perfect ^^, so you can code vb6 pretty well right? i would love to cut a deal if you have msn, about working for my yugioh game(helping me program since i have to do all the programming) and i can help you program your game, but idk.