• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@[SB:

> Bone link=topic=31523.msg287770#msg287770 date=1222038526]
> yeoooo i have 3k posts :p

I wonder how?… *cough*spam*cough*

It seems that this community being so low on people with true skill at things such as GFX, Coding, and scripting, the good ones are pummeled with request.
I am starting to see them come in now, and im not that good... lol.
I have helped a few people, even completely tought scripting to one person.
But if they all came at once i am sure i would have ignored/blocked them.

I believe there was mention in a post before that someone doesnt even check their PM's anymore because its all noobish requests.
I was considering trying to get with Robin for suggestions when i try converting my scripts to source but i think i will save him some sanity and look elsewhere lol.

Wtf. Anasky your lucky you got such a nice response from Robin. If you pm'd me asking for graphics and shit I wouldn't be very appreciative. Everyone seems to expect help from Robin, without realizing he has his own projects, as well as his own real life issues. Just because he is an epic games developer doesn't mean he has unlimited amount of time and help available.

@Kreator:

> Wtf. Anasky your lucky you got such a nice response from Robin. If you pm'd me asking for graphics and shit I wouldn't be very appreciative. Everyone seems to expect help from Robin, without realizing he has his own projects, as well as his own real life issues. Just because he is an epic games developer doesn't mean he has unlimited amount of time and help available.

Took the words out of my mouth lol. I don't understand why people do not understand this concept.

@Kreator:

> So what, stop having a whinge and learn to do it yourself. Just because you have no life and a lot of time on your hands doesn't mean we do. >=D

Quit flaming.
This was basically an unneccesary post, as you really dont know anything about the guy, so your just being rude for the sake of it.

Dont stoop to his level.

The point isnt how serious you are being, its your negative choice of words towards an obvious "newb"

You don't HAVE to post a rebuttal everytime someone says something stupid or behaves immature.  It doesn't put you in any better light then then usually.

@DrNova:

> The point isnt how serious you are being, its your negative choice of words towards an obvious "newb"
>
> You don't HAVE to post a rebuttal everytime someone says something stupid or behaves immature.  It doesn't put you in any better light then then usually.

I like how you're shouting at Kreator for his 'negative tone' then just ignoring the guy who said I suck balls xD

You're like the police who will stop armed robbers to tell them not to litter.

Yeah I've had many a warning. They used to be more organised, in which they would-
1\. Send you a organised PM.
2\. Send you a link to the topic you flamed in.
3\. Give you a quote of what you said.
4\. Say which rule you broke.
5\. Announce your warning/moderation, amount.
6\. Post in the topic for others to see that you've broken the rule, and that its not tolerated.

Now though, they have slackened off something shocking. I've never seen anyone follow through 1-6\. Lately its just been a magical warning, half the time even no PM. I was surprised to see DrNova send me a PM, casually telling me I got a warning for calling someone a fag.

@Kreator:

> I'm not a moderator but I could confidentially say that there is no standard procedure for giving out warnings. Each moderator just uses their.. *ahem* judgment. I once made a topic regarding this and got muted, so best not question the nasty moderators. =)

judgment is key to everything. we are not nasty, you just don't need to go public with why, we have personal messages. thats what they are there for. for questions that shouldn't block up the forums.