Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Seven Nations?

Sean23

I also found the gameplay unappealing. To me it felt like you spent a few maps attacking rabbits to gain a level or two, if you tried to move onwards you'd get mauled by birds. Then after a few levels, you'd move onto the birds, until you could handle the cats, then the dogs.

It all felt unrealistic, level 10 characters getting eradicated by cats lol, there wasn't much to do other then that bit work on your skills, such as lumberjacking. But that was insanely repative too, hacking trees for hours and hours, and making trips to the shop until you could move onto a different type of tree.

I never got the chance to try the faction warfare thing, because I never was a high enough level to enter another city, because they were all hostile, and I'd get mauled upon entry.

What? When did you play it? Only really early release did it happen like that, it was set up later that you could explore most of Felgor and Reglor regions early on without getting killed. Mainly because the method you described was what I hated about the earlier games by Spainion and so I constantly argued against it.

The main problem with Seven Nations, was that it was built entirely around PvP. That was the focus, so if there wasn't the player base for it, it didn't work. There was rarely any decent territorial fights, they all happened while faction X was online and faction Y wasn't – and later when most of the players were faction Z, there was a monopoly anyway. Constantly trying to balance these out while making the territorial capture features accessible to low levels as well, was too much work, and there wasn't a large enough constantly online player base to make it work.

For Eclipse games, you really need to design them so a player can be interested in the game if they play by themselves, and then build upon that. I think that is one reason why Tales of Adriana is liked so much, even though it's a bit hard at the start, it has a relatively big world to explore, with enough variety in NPCs and environments to keep people interested.