Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Zelda Games

zombie0hour

one or two maybe.
But with how much Fail has gone on with Zelda attempts so far, feel free to try.
A zelda game would rock, but to make a Zelda game that all us fans would accept would take alot of work, and is why they all have failed so far.

But give it a shot, I'd love to play a zelda mmo

No point making one unless you can program well. Eclipse needs a lot of modification before you can even begin to make it Zeldary. Hell, for Kreator and Japez's game, I'm making a custom engine.

I'm setting aside 2 weeks of solid programming later in October to get the most basic features down (pixel by pixel, misc animations such as grass + pots being destroyed, all the different attack frames, the paperdolling, pre-rendered of course, the environmental damage, the different tools, weapons, and items. Arrows… hookshots... tons of shit...)

So yeah. Make sure you're one of the most dedicated people here otherwise your game will fail. Horribly. I'm not holding much hope out for any of the planned games ('scept Kreator and Japez's) because of the simple fact that there are only a few people here talented enough to pull it off, and they're not workin on them ;D

lol on the first page(free mmorpgmaker.com)
Check the tiles link, lots of zelda there

And dont freak out about what Robin said, he is a long time coder, so naturally thinks coding is NECCESARY to everything.

However you can pull of most of what you need via scripting.
There will be some things lacking, but a fun playable zelda is possible without coding, however it will take a great deal more effort

I was doing one years ago and never suceded. As for me Zelda fan games = fail. No offence to anyone who's doing them including you Kreator (correct me if I'm wrong) but the first good Zelda mmo will be nintendo's one.

The only thing you can do about my opinion is to make a good zelda game and prove me wrong.

Yeah - actualy the only hope I have in Zelda games is based on you.
Back on topic - there are quite many Zelda games right now - they keep coming and noone compleats it. Don't do it beause when someone here hears about making a Zelda game he usualy doesn't even read that. At least that's what I do from some time… well maybee I read but I'm sceptical and annoyed.

@DrNova:

> And dont freak out about what Robin said, he is a long time coder, so naturally thinks coding is NECCESARY to everything.

If you truly want to succeed, you have to. There will always be a better one which your will be inferior too. Its simple, they will get the players.

@DrNova You made Kusy's posts make no sense, Clean it up properly if your gonna clean it up at all.

@Japez:

> If you truly want to succeed, you have to. There will always be a better one which your will be inferior too. Its simple, they will get the players.

And with all the people trying to make fan games, it competitive. Just using ours as an example, but do you think yours will compete with a custom engine made for our game, custom remade LTTP tiles, and all the Zelda features you love?

@Japez:

> @DrNova You made Kusy's posts make no sense, Clean it up properly if your gonna clean it up at all.

Don't forget zombie0hour's post.

Are you sure it wasn't my old game? Because ours evolved from that.

[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,21048.msg169467.html#msg169467](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,21048.msg169467.html#msg169467)

@DrNova:

> And dont freak out about what Robin said, he is a long time coder, so naturally thinks coding is NECCESARY to everything.

I don't. A proper Zelda game does require heavy programming though. Unless you just want to have an Eclipse game that teleports you around for the 'hookshot', has Npcs for the grass (Including HP bars ofc :D) and shows some weird deformed link running around stepping on monsters instead of using his sword.

Don't hold a grudge against me because I'm advocating programming. To make something like this you _need_ it. If you want to just disregard my position as developer of Eclipse, administrator of Mirage, 4-year successful game designer and my name as something anyone from any of the communities knows, then feel free. Undercutting everything I say just makes you look silly ;D