Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Request for a town tileset

SuperAshBro

Hello, I'm SuperAshBro.  I'm currently studying video game design with Train2Game and one of my assignments is to use the Eclipse Origins engine to create a town map.  I'm wondering if there are already tile-set packs I could use from the forums.

In the tradition of these boards I'm going to tell you to go make your own or pay someone else to make them for you.

Now that might keep someone else from doing it, I hope. 

Now to actually help you, there is two wonderfully places I would recommend for you.    

First Seed Material - tile sets and sprites

Credit: 

[http://www.tekepon.net/](http://www.tekepon.net/)

Breeze Revolution

Credit: 

Green Raven for the template itself. and the following in the link and use the link

[http://www.rpgrevolution.com/lunaproductions/br/terms.html](http://www.rpgrevolution.com/lunaproductions/br/terms.html)

> -snip- I'm currently studying video game design with Train2Game and one of my assignments is to use the Eclipse Origins engine -snip-

That is awesome.

The links lel provided are to pretty high quality tiles. Let us know if you have any problems using them. Be sure to use the same naming format as the engine's default tiles.

If you're looking for any run-of-the-mill town tiles, they should be included within the engine. The standard seems to be RMXP tiles. Otherwise, you could do a google search for 32x32 town tiles. Since this is for non-commercial, personal, and educational purposes, I doubt licensing is much of an issue, but your instructor will (should) want to see you crediting appropriately.

Good luck! :D

Thank you for the advice and links :)

However, I'm stuck.  I've downloaded the tilesets and saved them to the Tilesets folder (inside the graphics/data files folder), but they don't appear in the Map Editor.  Is there something I'm doing wrong, or not doing?

Have you named them correctly?

Eclipse will load graphics starting with 1.png, then 2.png, 3.png, … and stop until it reaches the highest number. If there is a number missing in the chain, or if a tileset's name contains letters, it will not load.

First you need to have administrative access.

With your server booted up, connect with your client and create an account. Log in with a new character. Then on the server interface, in the tab of the players online, right click your character and add administrative access.

Now back in the client, there are two ways to bring up the map editor.

* The most direct is to type "/mapeditor" or "/editmap" (it depends which version) into the chatbox by pressing enter, typing the text, and pressing enter again.
* You can also press insert to bring up the admin panel with buttons to all editors. Once in the map editor, press insert again to get rid of the admin panel, which would otherwise cover a lot of the map.

By default, the ground layer and top left tile are selected. You can select which layer with the buttons. You can select which tile by clicking it in the tileset. By default, the layers, from closest to furthest (or top to bottom), are Fringe, Mask, and Ground. Depending on your engine, you might find layers like roof or fringe2 (above fringe), or Mask2 (above mask). The fill button will fill your selected layer with the selected tile. The clear button will remove all tiles in the selected layer.

Once you're in the map editor, you might find it much more intuitive than this explanation.

I've figured out how to make the map bigger, but I'm still having trouble uploading the new tilesets into the Eclipse engine.  I've followed the instruction you gave me on saving the tileset names as numbers, but it doesn't seem to have worked.  I've also tried changing the format from PNG to Bitmap to see if that would work, but so far I've had no luck.