Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pokemon: Origins: Staff Wanted!!!

kerii

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad that"s cleared up. I'm on my stepmom's computer again to check in. I haven't been able to do much game work, it's a bit hard without a charger for my laptop. I'll be headed home on saturday so hopefully the new one will be there. The first thing I plan to do is finsih the main menu. that shouldn't take too much time as ling as my comp doesn't freek out. before I finish the rest of the gui I want to run a mpping test to work out some of the ideas I've come up with. If all goes well my towns and cities will be rather impressive. I might kill some time by doing some prototype designs this week while I'm waiting to head home. I'm going to need skilled mappers and probably some scripters in the next week or so. I have a lot quests and ideas.

1\. Can I make it so that items require a certain ability to be used?
2\. can I make it so that I have sprite blockss as well as class blocks?
3\. Can I give my items elemental attriutes?

I know that all three of these require source edits but i want to know how difficult they will be.
I"m going to put in the pngs after I run the map test. I'll have a pretty busy weekend so expect me to be online a lot.

all of those thing u said will not be difficault they will be pretty easy and i would love 2 help u with it

i would really like 2 help with this project my msn [email protected] i am a pretty good mapper and have lots of spare time on my hands also i am currently spending large amounts of time researching sad script if u need help with that 2 in the project i would really like 2 participate in this pokemon mmorpg game so please add my msn and talk 2 me about what u would like me 2 do or what i need 2 do 2 get in

In case you don't succeed in contacting milkyrules (ftw, bad name) then you can follow my advice:
1\. buh
2\. buh
3\. Search on the name of the sprite through the Change sprite thingy in f1; copy all the things that have to do with class black; edit the class blocks to the sprite blocks. Et voila, you got yourself a sprite block in the map editor (untested, 99% sure it will work).

Ok guys, I'm still kinda at a loss. The charger that was supposed to be here when I got back isn't here YET!! I'm beginning to think my room mate incompetent. So I'm screwed until it does get here. He says that it's in the mail(or at least that what the 'nice' seller says) I told him to at least leave a bad rating, but I doubt he will. How the crap does it take something three weeks to get here?? I've ordered stuff from Taiwan and gotten in three days. I guess he just doesn't know how to use ebay.

Anyways to get off that rant. I can figure vb out pretty well with some minor directions, I learn pretty quickly. Robin taught me how to do vector mapping. So my menus will look as pretty as I want. I still hope to put in that png patch so I can get the effect I want.Ā  I was wondering does that work on sprites and spell sheets? I could do some decently cool spells if so. I know how to manually change sprites for players I want an automatic way to do it. I makes making boat sequences less complex. I considered making flashs for that kind of think, but between photoshop and vb and classes starting again I'm going to be swamped. Here's hoping that my new charger gets here soon, I'm going to get off my room mate's computer now so I can go eat.

A menu says a lot about a game. I intend to do a lot of creative things, but I can't do too much at all without a charger. I'm on my friend's laptop at the moment. The menus would be kind of hard to steal especially since I do plan on condensing them. Honestly if people care that much to steal them IƃĀ¢Ć¢ā€šĀ¬Ć¢ā€žĀ¢ll just engrave my signature on it somewhere or just put something that signifies that itƃĀ¢Ć¢ā€šĀ¬Ć¢ā€žĀ¢s my work.Ā  It's not so much that it takes me forever to do them just that I'm a tad bit add and even more so a perfectionist about my work. I'm a very odd person. I have things in a to do list, but I like to finish what I start so I'd like to finish the gui before I do too much else. I'm also using the gui to practice with photoshop. People are welcome to criticize my work but please keep it constructive.Ā  Criticize the work on the person who does it. There are all levels of skills as well as all kinds. I enjoy what I do that should be enough for any one. I'll post the main menu when I get my laptop working again; because that was the last thing I was working on. After that I'll do the tile sheets, while working on getting the scripting going. I have to a lot of compiling so it might take me a while. On top of that fun I have class again. Whoo!!

So once again the status is

Waiting on charger. Sorry for the incontinence.

You know that's a great Idea. I think that's exactly what I'll do. I'll be back asap. My friend is going to help me out on this end, so we should be able to get some stuff done. I'll be posting daily as soon as that charger gets here.

UPDATE:

I'm trying to reconstruct the development team I had been working on before my long abscence. If you have a usefull skill such as scripting or even mapping let me know by email. My email is [email protected]. I currently have One part time mapper, and two mapper prospects. To determine if you a wrothy I'll need to see a map, if you have none I'll grant you mapping powers and you may do one map, in game.

I have one official Developer who is going to help organize and come up with new ideas. I think we can cover that department, seeing as how we are both ADD, lol. I'll try to finish the GUI when I get a new charger for my laptop. I'm going to a friend's place today and we are going to try and set up a temporary Hamachi server through the university net. Should be a barel of fun.

As for development ideasā€¦

We've gotten the world laid out.

Kanto
Johto
Hoen
Sinoh
Fiore
Almnia
The Orange islands
The Sevii islands
plus an assortment of quests.

We've been discussing how to intagrate a weapons system with the pokemon attack system. It's been interesting to say the least. We've been kinking out a few details for achievement in the game, such as how badges will play a role. I've been making some notes and have a minor to do list. The world map is done, but I'm going to make a in game version so it will look better. Things in progress, working out some minor details, such as how to use flash animations and how to balance the over importance of Sprites with a independent class system. I've been working on some designs for places and they are coming out pretty good.
I'll scan and post concept maps as I get bored and do them. I'm finding that it makes the mapping much faster to have it designed already.

Next update to include, At least the mapping for the intro, that's Twinleaf Town and Route 231\. I know it seems odd to start there, but it'll make more since as we go along.

Turning back to the help I need,

I need a few good people who are skilled at sadscript and vb. I have a few ideas, and alternatives, that I'd like to discuss. I've got the ideas if you'll help me make them work.

I'll post more specific things later on tonight.

I know that's pretty atention defisite and that I've had terrible grammar in this post, but bear with me It will pick up as I get some much needed help.

In conclusion:

Gui Project: On pause do to computer issues.
Tile project: for now we'll use what I've got, and when I can I'll compile a new one.
Sprites: I'll start that as soon as I can. Thank god for 16gig Flash drives.
Temp server to be up by the end of the day.

--kerii out.

Sorry about that, I think they are mostly different days. Lets consider them bumps that way It's not too noobish. Yeah so I made some updates on the first post. I'm waiting on cs4 to finish downloading before I get to work on the tile sheet compiling.

Staff Needed-

Programer-Someone skilled in visual basic who can help me do source edits to improve the look and feel of the game.(filled)

Artist-Someone to do tile modifications, help with sprite edits, create custom items and custom graphics. (GUI designer is filled)(Flash artist filled)(In need of Spell and Item artist)

Mappers-I need mappers who can create well designed Pokemon style maps, who can create a lot with little instruction. I'll draw concept maps and scan them if need be, but I'd hope I have great mappers instead.

Scripter-At least one person who's skilled at sadscript and can take time developing complex skills and spells for the game.

DevelopersThis job is only for the most die hard Pokemon and rpg fans. Things required for this job: massive amounts of research, unbounded creativity, tons of patience, and most of all; communication skills. The developer must be able to collaborate with all the other staff to make the more interesting ideas flow seamlessly into the game.

Websiteto be added
Screen shots-to be added

Staff List-

Devogen - Programmer/GUI Designer
Unamed(my irl friend has to make an account)
milkyrules-Flash artist and concpetor

(posted on page 1 by kerii)
we need some more staff if ur gud with any of these things please post here