Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pokemon: Origins: Staff Wanted!!!

kerii

Prologue: As the game begins you are one of the hero's from the last set of Pokemon games. That is you are Lucas if you choose to be male and Dawn if you choose to be female. After gathering some information from the Npc's around the now expanded Twin Leaf town you traverse Route 231 where you discover that not only are they no Pokemon in the area, but also some peculiar ruins. When you reach the inner most room of the dungeon you are sucked into a mysterious vortex. You awake in a clearing outside of Pallet town, except now you are a Pokemon and there are no people to be found.

It is my hope that the game will have a loose main story so that we may concentrate on the more important aspects of it being a mmorpg. I'll introduce new aspects of the game's story through quests.

The World(in regional order)

Kanto
The Sevii Islands
Johto
The Orange Islands
The Whirl Islands
Hoen
Battle Frontier I
Sinoh
Battle Frontier II
Toukai

There will also be an assortment of islands that quests will take place on, as well as some hidden areas that players will have to discover on their own.

I'm working on the Website as We speak, A good friend gave me a link to a free web hosting site. As soon as I can get that up and going I'll post it. If you are any good at that type of thing let me know.

I'll continue to post screen shots as the thread gets longer, and I do them, but I'll also start posting them in this post as well.

Features-
-All of the regular Pokemon will be available to use. -Legends make appearances.
-A wide verity of weapons and skills will be available.

Weapons

-short swords
-long swords
-Broad Swords
-knives
-Daggers
-Large sheilds
-small sheilds
-Spears
-Scythes
-Small axes
-Large axes
-Keyblades
-staffs
-Rods
-Sceptors
-Maces
-orbs
-Rifles
-bows
-Long bows
-pistols
-nunchucks
-Ring blades
-Lances
-Hammers
-spirit sabers
-books
-Gloves
-Gunblades*
-Rope Dart
-sickle

Armor

-Chain mail
-Plate mail
-Scale mail
-Gauntlet
-Shoulder Plate
-enchanted
-Robe
-Leather

Boots
-cloth
-Leather
-plated
-Metal
-enchanted
-softsole shoes
-kneehigh

Helmet
-hat
-metal
-enchanted
-viking
-Gladiator
-Visor-ed
-hood
-Stealth mask(ninja)
-Plated headbands

accessories

-scopes
-pendants
-rings
-ear rings
-A well constructed class system.

Classes

-Trainer
-vagrant
-Solider
–Mercenary
---Hero
-Mage
--Wizard
---Sage
-Monk
--Priest
---Saint
-Archer
--Ranger
---Sniper
-Thief
--ninja
---Assassin
-Psychic
*telekenesis
-Rouge
*duel weild
-Gladiator
*Adrenaline

^Scholar
^Merchant
^Angel
^Demon

______key_______
      |- Stage One        |
      |-- Stage Two      |
      |--- Stage Three    |
      |* Ability              |
      |^ Mod appointed  |
      ------------------
-A vast world brimming with new things to discover.
The possibility for many improvements over time.
-A modified source engine that will allow a variety of different things. Ok so these are still in note form but I'll fix them up later.

Source edits:

-Varying sprite sizing
-In game menus(transparency)
-Visual bank
-Stacking
-Visual party
-Mail in Mailbox system
-Sprite change via pokedex system
-One way blocks(walk though on one side block on the other)
-Sprite blocks
-shooting Npc's
-Independent animations
-Weapon Leveling
-Item elements
-Guild creation npc
-3 Frame movement
-Warp tile that plays a flash.
-.png support
-Sprite change on level up
-Class change on level
-Night/Day/Dusk/Dawn
-Blindness skill
-Lantern
-npc vs npc
-Traps
-Duel wielding attack/defensive items
-flying system
-Weather: Sandstorm, cherry Blossoms, Rockslide
-Treasure chests
-Auction system
-Guild equips
-Guild bank
-Player/guild houses, Npc realastate agent
-Spell/skill hotkeys
-Guild npc manager
-Pick pocketing(not sure if that's a script thing or what)
-Some kind of Navigator
-Friend system
-change warp on death into a class/sprite for a ghost and restrict abilities and attacks until revival or healing
-Pets
-Furniture
-Npc conversations
-better party exp sharing

Staff Needed-

Programer-Someone skilled in visual basic who can help me do source edits to improve the look and feel of the game.**(filled)**

Artist-Someone to do tile modifications, help with sprite edits, create custom items and custom graphics. (GUI designer is filled)(Flash artist filled)(In need of Spell and Item artist)

Mappers-I need mappers who can create well designed Pokemon style maps, who can create a lot with little instruction. I'll draw concept maps and scan them if need be, but I'd hope I have great mappers instead.

Scripter-At least one person who's skilled at sadscript and can take time developing complex skills and spells for the game.

DevelopersThis job is only for the most die hard Pokemon and rpg fans. Things required for this job: massive amounts of research, unbounded creativity, tons of patience, and most of all; communication skills. The developer must be able to collaborate with all the other staff to make the more interesting ideas flow seamlessly into the game.

Websiteto be added
Screen shots-
here's the weather collage.

![](http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr296/silverfoxkerii/Collage.jpg)

Here's a little custom house I made.

![](http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr296/silverfoxkerii/untitled-2.jpg)

Here's a rough website color scheme made with a screen shot from the one Dragon is working on.

![](http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr296/silverfoxkerii/ColorScheme.jpg)

Staff List-

Devogen - Programmer/GUI Designer
Unamed(my irl friend has to make an account)-conceptor
milkyrules-Flash artist and concpetor
Aiko- Handyman
Dragon- Website designer ^.^
-Still dying for a spell spriter.

News: I made a little weather collage to show the rain and snow during day and night. As you can I changed the night color too. It looks much better now. Also you'll notice that the Lucas sprite is in too. I'll be adding more sprites as I go. The next screens will be Twinleaf town. (day and night)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's not exactly midevil, it depends on how I can work it out. I would love to redo the entire tile sheet and even have full paperdoll. I'm going to have a lot of problems with the graphics as long as I can't get a good artist. I can do my own custom GUI, I've started on it, I'll post some screens as soon as I get the moment. I might shift the time frame around depending on whether or not I can make a good excuse. The inclusion of magic might be a great reason.

Thanks. I've got one programer who is going to try and help me do some heavy engine source editing. I need someone who's really good with sadscript to help me with the more delicate stuff and I hope that you will have time to assist. I've uploaded some screens. None of them are anything permanent, but they should demonstrate that I'm actively working on things.The first is a test map I did to see how the tiles would stack up. I'm debating on using D/P tiles, but that might take quite a bit of doing. I'll see if I can't get at least one pokemon sprite in there to see how they will look. The worst problem so far is how paperdolling will be done. I maanaged to get my hands on the pokemon platinum sprites so they will make the game look a little more interesting. I'm going to have to make a flash or something that would clearly explain the changing of dimensions. That's a future project.

My current goals are graphics and engine editing. I'll post some engine plan shots when I have them more structured. I have a new in game menu planed out, but I need to check with my friend and see if he can code it for me. If you have any helpfull suggestions for photoshop I'm all ears.

Well this is a pokemon game so it should feel like pokemon. I've told a few of my friends who hear pokemon and head for the hills about this game idea and they just smiled. I'm beginning to think that this isn't such a bad idea. My msn is [email protected] if you'll add me I'll get in touch with you on there.

The menus are only a prototype. I like how the main turned out excluding the techish lettering. Those didn't didn't come out as well as I was hoping. I'm sure I'll make some better looking things as I get better with Photoshop.

The tiles were found on the spriter's resource. I think I'm going to use some custom Diamond/Pearl stuff I found through google, but I'll have to resize them and get them into a proper tile set. If I decide against that I'll use a custom one that this guy I know made.

Edit:

Hey guys I just wanted to apologize for my grammar. I'm not sure why but over the past few months I've become very dyslexic in a lot of ways. I try to make a good effort to double check my posts for grammar and spelling, I'm glad that you guys cut me some slack about it.

To answer a question that was asked of me that might be important to you guys wanting to help me with the scripting. I'm using EE2.7 and I'm working on the source edit. I'll post my in game menu design if it turns out that my friend can't, or is too lazy, to do it. I'm really unhappy with the current gui. That is why it's my main goal to complete for the time being.

So you can clearly see that I whipped out the Photoshop last night and made my avi. I found a pretty interesting site with some good tutorials. It will take me forever and a day to get the sprites into the game. I might be willing to pay a programmer but I'll have to wait until the first to know if I have the money to spare. If I do then everyone who helps will be on a small salary. Paypal for the win.

Updates: Sean says he'll help with the gui when he has the time, he's pretty busy with other stuff, so I guess I'll still be doing a lot by myself. If I can find a programmer I'll be as happy as you can get.  Also unless anyone dislikes it The name of the game will be Pokemon: Origins.

Well that was the conflict of the name. I've sat and thought about it. I could stick with the crazy idea I had.

Pokemon held the first real civilization, it was more advanced that anything we could imagine. That is until humans came on the scene and ruined it all. This game takes place before humanity exists. For the time being I'll try and recreate a pokemon world that is close to the games, but I want to expand on it. The first real region you will see in the game will be Kanto, although the first place you see is the starting town in Sinoh. I haven't memorized the maps in the last two generations of games.

As you begin the game you are Lucas or Dawn, depending on what gender you pick. when you go down stairs your mom tells you about Professor Ronin wanting you to explore some ruins. You traverse an area south of that town(this is why this is different from the main games) As you go further into the ruins you discover that this area has no pokemon in it, and eventually stumble on a room with a portal similar to a black hole. You are sucked into the portal and when you wake up you are in a small clearing outside of Pallet town. The only difference is that there are no humans and you are a pokemon. I'm not sure what pokemon you will be. if I can script it so you can choose one of the three starters from kanto then I may very well do that; though, I might also come up for a pokemon-esk name for the decoy sprite and let you be that. The pokemon world in this game consists of the four main regions from the games and a special region of my design. I decided that since there are only one of each  legendary none of them will be playable characters. I've been thinking about an evolution system that might work, but if all else fails I could do a sprite change on level up as well as a class advancement.
The classes are another thing that set this game apart from real pokemon games, They are very .hack or Final Fantasy. Also some of the skills and items in the games will pay homage to some of my favorite games and animes.

**Update**:

Robin has taken an interest in the game, and with a little bribing is willing to help me and advise me on what to do. I'll still need all the help I can get though. Sean if you are good at scripting I can use some help on that. Robin is going to have a lot of stuff to do as it is. I've been digging around on the net and found someone working on a custom Diamond/Pearl tile set so I'll slowly be replacing what I have now with that. Robin is willing to going to make a lot of engine source edits, which will cover my gui problems. I got in touch with one of his friends on robin's referal and hopefully they will also take an interest in the game.

As of now Pokemon: Origins is a full swing project.

Current staff:

kerii- Project head, lead designer
Sean-Scripter
Vaughands (xtremeworlds)-scripter
Robin- Engine editer / scripter / GOD

hopfulls- If I can get Robin's friend Magdreamer interested we might just have a top nauch artist on the team.

I'll need mappers latter, as well as beta testers.

A friend and I have been working on maps. When i get the twinleaf town I'm doing for the intro portion I'll post it. My friend who gave me the basis for this idea is helping with the mapping, he's really good. I'll post things as they get done. Robin and I have had a few issues but I think that we can work them out. If I ever manage to get in touch with Rory outside of the random pm or email we may have a pretty new gui and some good looking spell graphics. I'm in talks with a decent tile artist for Diamond/ Pearl tiles hopefully it will go well.

Yeah I've been working on Graphics pretty heavily. I'll try to get some tilesets compiled by the end of the week. Hopefully by that time I'll be able to catch Robin and get him to do some heavy programing. I'll be redoing the GUI soon Robin has been helping me learn how to do some minor vbediting, but It will pay off later.