Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Story writing tips. (Should be in request resources)

Grizzy

I really am struggling to how to start off my story. Any advice on how to start/create a storyline for a game? Any pointers would be most welcome. It is a fantasy type game. I struggle when it comes to involving the storyline and the game. Pretty much I just want some tips on how you go about creating a story and what are some exercises you do before you start writing to help with your ideas and keeping everything structured.

1\. Visualize your setting. Be it a sprawling kingdom or a small village, you need to know your setting. This includes time period.

2\. Prioritize. Any world you create is bound to have multiple stories, characters, and an untamed bounty of lore. You need to decide what you want the story to focus on.

3\. Imagine. Start imagining what you want in your story/world. Do you want a 'Hero' character to gather a party and fight off the bad guys? An adventure in which the character grows and develops? A twist where the 'hero' is the bad guy? Your choice.

4\. Write. This step is by far the hardest, you have to write the story!

This whole process may take several attempts to work the way you want it, but when it's done, send me a link! I love reading fantasy stories!