Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Star Wars MMORPG.

Mulkaar

**So is anyone willing to help? If there are more people than Munro then I can move this to the recruiting and/or the W.I.P Thread**

Laser Guns and special moves and Laser Swords. Or a fantasy game with dragons and knights and magic?

Hi I'm not sure if this has been talked about before but:

I want to make a Star Wars MMORPG.The Problem is that Star Wars is Star Wars and it is well, copyrighted so I'm going to tweak certain aspects of the game and have it sound like it has nothing to do with star wars but it has basically been structured on the Jedi academy. I'm no noob to eclipse. I can map really quite well (Even though I say so myself excuse me.) All it would take is a few contributions from the eclipse community and a hard working, skilled, team. If enough people would want to help then I think I'll move this to the W.I.P Section But heres my rough ideas so far:

NOTE: This Whole Game Would Be About Progressing Through The Jedi Academy So You Stay In Here the Whole Game. (With Exceptions) And loads of Missions and Mini Games Along The Way!

Storyline: (Draft)

-Basically 1000 years before a terrible war, wars were not resolved by puny droids or clones. No. Taan and Taak were trained to be the skilled of all soldiers. They were used as assassins or "Negotiator's". Like anything the Taan or Taak training took time and only the children with a high amount of mediclorions were taken. So you like spend 10 or 20 levels in the jedi/ sith academy training. The first few player levels are like the tutorial levels and then you get one or two missions each period of three - five levels. (Alot like Jedi Academy.) Basically you always stay in the Jedi/Sith Academy but there are certain places to go.

NOTE: The MS Paint Are Just QUICK Drafts So Don't tell me about shading etc…

- Simulation Rooms (3) - These are three PvP Arena's. a 20, 30 level room. a 31, 40 level room and a 41, 50 level room. One snow one desert and one jungle. As many players can join just a huge PvP arena/s.

![](http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/9125/starwarsmmomockuppvpgroqi9.png)

- Star Ship Battles - Exactly like the PvP Arena but you get an H-Wing for the Jedi and a Nefarious for the Sith. So you go into arena's where you are changed into a ship and fight the other team. (Level 20 - 30…31-40...41-50)

- Jedi Mind Battles - For those Pacifists a fun way to fighting! Hopefully this is possible! A bit like club penguin you walk up to a special little reader and you choose like one of two games. Chess or Draughts (Checkers) Then you play a randomly selected opponent from the other faction that has selected that game as well. So when playing the Jedi would look like the Jedi but with a helmet kinda thing.

![](http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/925/starwarsmmomockupjedimikc7.png)

- Star Wars Media Player (Choose Music Whilst You Are Playing…Listen to Star Wars BAttle Music whilst Dog Fighting!!)

- Star Wars Customizeable Light Sabers And Light Saber/Player Cards - About the Lightsaber thing you could have different shapes like lines at beginning then dual bladed, two, triangular kinda shaped. And like when you click on the player (Like ctrl right click) or something like that their lightsaber info screen pops up with like info on kills, how it looks, stat upgrades (buy them and stick them on) etc.

![](http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/940/starwarsmmomuckuplightsvo2.png)

**Pros's And Con's to This Game:**

- Star Wars Is A Popular Set of Movies and would have a lot of fans behind it.
- Would Be Fun Seeing as You Could Maybe (Customize Your Lightsaber).

- Heavy Coding and Scripting
- Complete Custom GFX
- GUI would have to be Coded (MP into MD Mediclorions.)

So write back to say what you think, debate, share. If you're willing to help in any way post here, PM me, or add [email protected].!

May The Force Be With You.

Regards,

Crazy Smurf.

MS Paint Drafts of Features Posted Soon!

@Boneimus:

> Sounds like a start
> Looks cool

Cheers Bone! Yeh Basically The GFX Artists Will Obviously Work on the Tileset But the Tile Set whould be easy enough as it has basically one main theme…The Academy. I dunno wether the Sith and Jedi academies should use the same tileset. But this game should have loads of customizations! I mean you choose wether you are a Sith or Jedi then you pick your race, eye colour, hair (if any. i.e Twieleks have no hair just Tentacles) Then You choose lightsaber colour after the Initiate Quest. Hell I might make it so you can be Yoda's Race the Whill! But i might have to have a limit to certain races because of paperdoll (but if people think that only light sabers should be paperdolled then we could have all kinds of races.. wookies etc) But i think I'll have to do paperdoll!

@Munro:

> ok dokay

Wicked Welcome Aboard!

Hmm How About Star Wars: Force Online? Any Other Suggestions?

Oh and it's not copyright infringement if I make no money of this seeing as star wars and all other ideas related/of star wars belong to George Lucas or who ever owns them.

@Duke:

> Star Wars is a good series of movies… to put them into a orpg.. I smell epic fail!

Hmmm…. I know that many will feel this way but this will work if i keep it simple. You don't fly around you stay in the academy doing missions (when you accept the missions you are warped to that place) and you have a lot of PvP, Items, and heck mini games and even checkers! (draughts). So i think if I tried to make it so that you could travel freely around all the planets (Tatooine etc that would suck because then it would ruin peoples ideas about SW but if you keep it simple...Do this mission on tatooine to kill some raiders becuase the Jawaa's are in trouble so kill X amount of the raiders) Quest Accepted...Warp to Tatooine Map1...Quest Completed...Warp To Academy Map_Quest Room_1... That Kind of Sequence. If I did try and do a free roam kinda style game then it would suck and be an epic fail. But as I said earlier the whole game is pretty much confined to the academy as a sith/jedi would be anyways. with only some spare time when they complete being a padawan (PvP etc). So in answer to this question I don't think Epic Fail. I think Keep it simple and it will work. :) Have a Nice Day.

Yeh there is space flight but I want to limit it to PvP rather than flying round planets. Because I think that's what will ruin it. Becuase one) You can't have all the planets..two) it will ruin the storyline and three) too much to do as in someone will say oh yay i'm gonna go fly a star cruiser! WTF only X Wings? this suxs…

So you can only fly space ships in the PvP arena where you can buy upgrades such as proton missiles etc but only there can you fly. Besides the game is about training to be a jedi and flying a ship is important but Jedi's need to be able to use Light sabers first (i'm saying keep it like this for the moment and if this is successful then have an expansion where if you become good enough you can fly ships to places).

@Crazy:

> Yeh there is space flight but I want to limit it to PvP rather than flying round planets. Because I think that's what will ruin it. Becuase one) You can't have all the planets..two) it will ruin the storyline and three) too much to do as in someone will say oh yay i'm gonna go fly a star cruiser! WTF only X Wings? this suxs…
>
> So you can only fly space ships in the PvP arena where you can buy upgrades such as proton missiles etc but only there can you fly. Besides the game is about training to be a jedi and flying a ship is important but Jedi's need to be able to use Light sabers first (i'm saying keep it like this for the moment and if this is successful then have an expansion where if you become good enough you can fly ships to places).

how does it ruin the story?

ffs no offence but read my posts… The whole story is about growing and training up as a Jedi/Sith...In the Academy... So as a "young one" you aren't tought to fly ships. So thats what answers your post... and read my one above your one,

With No Harshness Meant,
Crazy Smurf.

Uh, not really sold on this idea. A big part of why is because of this:

> -Basically 1000 years before the clone wars began wars were not resolved by puny droids or clones. No. Jedi and Sith's were trained to be the skilled of all soldiers. They were used as assassins or "Negotiator's". Like anything the Jedi or Sith training took time and only the children with a high amount of mediclorions were taken. So you like spend 10 or 20 levels in the jedi/ sith academy training. The first few player levels are like the tutorial levels and then you get one or two missions each period of three - five levels. (Alot like Jedi Academy.) Basically you always stay in the Jedi/Sith Academy but there are certain places to go.

Jedi and Sith have always been trained to be the most skilled at what they do, and Jedi and Sith have always been assassins, or negotiators, or whatever role their Jedi/Sith council/master tells them fulfill. They've picked kids that could manipulate the force, not have a high midichlorian count, that's just a bonus.

@Billylemmon:

> That's what I think. Imo, flying from planet to planet would be the best bit.

Yea I know, I mean the basis of Star Wars is well STAR WARS! star being space flight. I'm actually pretty disappointed there will be no space flight seeing how it doesnt ruin anything. But I'l still work on the game.

@danieltheslayer:

> They've picked kids that could manipulate the force, not have a high midichlorian count, that's just a bonus.

Really?
From what I know, they picked kids with a high midichlorian count..

Lol I just read the 'jedi' wiki, and it says that younglings are children with Force potential.
My bad

Major flaws with the idea:

It would require high player population since it's based heavily around player-versus-player interaction. This is a problem for two reasons: first, it is bad policy for an Eclipse game to depend on player population for it's entire stability (I've seen it firsthand); secondly, the more population expected, requires more advertising, which makes it more likely for LucasArts(LA) to catch wind of it.

Star Wars is a neat franchise, it has created a very interesting universe for fictional tales and imagination. It is also a major commercial franchise, well controlled by the property owners. So you always have that hassle to deal with.

Right now it's a bad time as well, since the new KotOR project has been announced as an MMO game, and it has many of the aspects of your game; only it will be done by a professional studio and have the weight of the KotOR brand and developers behind it. Any amatuer game made with the same premise would be obviously seen as a joke at worst and a waste of time at best.

The versus puzzle thing is neat, but in general I think this whole idea is a major mistake at this point in time.

@Crazy:

> OK taken into account all of you and I've scrapped the idea but still going ahead with star wars. So now you can still become a Jedi or Sith but have well STAR WARS and travel round planets in your ship! More to be updated/posted soon. I know people have different opinions but I think I do want to go ahead with this game. I think this should work.

so… whats going on?

@Crazy:

> Ignore my last comment Munro. We are still continuing with the Jedi Academy Project but at level 40 you can fly around a small set of planets. Ok?.

Keep it with a radius :P.
Slowly increase the radius as planets come, but don't switch. As example: You make a planet on 10 lightyears away, then you make one of 100 lightyears away, and then one of 50 lightyears away. Get it? It won't ruin it, since they know your increasing the radius.

@anasky:

> Keep it with a radius :P.
> Slowly increase the radius as planets come, but don't switch. As example: You make a planet on 10 lightyears away, then you make one of 100 lightyears away, and then one of 50 lightyears away. Get it? It won't ruin it, since they know your increasing the radius.

Actually yeh! Cheers Anansky…I'm gonna keep it at just the level it is then move it on too flying. But it is basically Star Wars but different names for things!

@Zombie0hour:

> Star Wars is a good series of movies… to put them into a orpg.. I smell epic fail!

I Don't smell fail, I smell ignorance of the gaming industry. I Smell Star Wars Galaxies, a game which has been up and running for around 5 Years and still going strong.

But you know that's just me.

@Spike:

> is it me or didnt i suggest a game like this in a completely different thread
>
> idea thief = fail

How dare you… So i copied you? Well i'm sorry if you are blinded by ignorance to think for a second that Star Wars is a highly popular set of movies and games and that maybe you might not have been the only one to think of a star wars mmorpg? Um and also you didn't even say you were making one you said the best direction to go was to make a star wars mmorpg so i suggest you don't humiliate yourself any further.

Sincerely,

Crazy Smurf.