Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Quest" tutorial

ddunit

Here's a simple text tut on how to make quests, with no scripting needs.  :O

I'll make an exemple here:

I want to get an "Iron sword" when I'm done with my quest, but I can't script.
So I made monsters drop a currency, exemple: A rabbit would drop rabbit pelt and it would be a currency. Using it in a shop named "Quest reward shop". The quest would be to get 20 rabbit pelts, so you create the shop, put "iron sword" in it to be sold for 20 rabbit pelts, which should be a currency.

I hope this helps you guys!

This sorta thing would (or could) be used with pvp type things - wow players will know what I mean.

For example: the Ecky tribe are having trouble with the zed tribe and vice versa. Ecky tribe members drop Ecky holy beads. Zed tribe members drop lucky charms. You could turn in the beads to the Zed war chief and and the charms to the Ecky quarter master.

Expand it from there ;p

• 4 weeks later...
It's good idea, but i would use it more like a thing within a quest, where throughout the quest you kill something that drops a currency not dropped by anything else(or you could make the monster drop the iron sword in the first place) and then at the end of the quest theres a person who will trade you the sword for the currency. Your idea is good, and could be used in more ways than one, like a mini quest/objective given by some person that tells you to kill something and it will drop such and such and he will trade such and such for it.

Actually, I think its very efficient. That way you can make things like, collect 30 leather pieces and you can buy a leather shirt. Maybe you should turn this into a little trick to making an item refiner.

No scripting involved item refinery NPC. I like it :3

Kudos!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
heres a different way you could make it
Not so much a quest but a "tip"
The NPC's name is like Gossip and he says "pssst, i hear theres a shop that sells sweet items if you trade them rabbit pelts. I hear there are Rabbits in the forest to the (insert navigational direction here). you might get rabbit pelts if you kill them"
ok. maybe not something that long, but you get the idea.

@King:

> heres a different way you could make it
> Not so much a quest but a "tip"
> The NPC's name is like Gossip and he says "pssst, i hear theres a shop that sells sweet items if you trade them rabbit pelts. I hear there are Rabbits in the forest to the (insert navigational direction here). you might get rabbit pelts if you kill them"
> ok. maybe not something that long, but you get the idea.

Meh, use a custom menu to make it look snazzy so it seems like a good quest.

• 1 month later...