Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thomas's "Dreamshop"

ThomasEB

I am posting this again becouse my old account is banned and I already forgot password for it lol. So something about me. I am Thomas and I have many experiences with VB6 and also with Eclipse engines (and I do not mean that Java IDE :D). Basically, I can do almost every common feature for your game. Common means widely used like quest system, pet system etc.

**Examples of my before work**

Engines

>! [Prospekt Source](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/133464-prospekt-source/page-2#entry903294)
[Project Sandbox](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/topic/128540-project-sandbox/)
[Miracle Classic](http://eatenbrain.com/forums/Thread-Miracle-Classic-1-1-3)
[Miracle Reborn](http://eatenbrain.com/forums/Thread-Miracle-Reborn-v0-1-0beta)
[Miracle Sidescroller](http://eatenbrain.com/forums/Thread-Miracle-Sidescroller-v0-0-3)
[Prospekt: Developers Edition](http://eatenbrain.com/forums/Thread-Prospekt-Developers-Edition)
>! Eclipse Advanced

**Some examples of what can I do**

* Email - required when creating character, and email activation with activation codes
* Online players displayed on site - With this, you can display your game´s current online players on your website.
* Mouse movement with pathfinding - No need to explain this
* Converting tutorials - If tutorial is not working for you, i will convert it to work with Eclipse engine what are you using
* Pathfinding - I can implement one of most clever pathfinding algorithms (basically stripped down AStar pathfinding)
* Data encrypting - Do you wanna protect your graphics from stealing? No problem, I can add graphics encryption/decryption to your game. It is not limited only to graphics. Only limit is that it can´t encrypt music.
* Scripting - Do you want implement scripting to your game? I can implement base of it just for you :)
* D3D8 - I have many experiences in it, so if you will need something done in D3D8, then hire me.
* Turn based combat - Yea, i can do this too. But… More advanced one = more expensive.
* MySQL database connection - I can connect your game with your site or your MySQL server. For example, you have MyBB forums and you want to allow players to connect via their accounts made on your forums. Of course that this have alot more possibilities.
* GUI Work - Do you made amazing GUI but you do not have enought programming experience to actually use it in your game? Do not worry. I will do it almost for free.
* Particle Engine - I can add very advanced particle engine to your game. If you know VBGore, then you know about what I am talking.
* Motion Blur - I can also add motion blur to your game, or some other blur. Example, you are running so your screen is blurred a bit. Or you are tired - same. Or drunk - lol.
* Sidescrolling - I can make from your classic movement sidescrolling movement like in [Little Fighter 2](http://screenshots.en.sftcdn.net/en/scrn/18000/18679/little-fighter-2-24.jpg) for example
* **And much more**

**Pricing**

We can discuss about pricing via PMs here or on my [site](http://eatenbrain.com/) or Skype. Nicer people will get better prices. NOTE: I am not expensive, but also I am a bit lazy so you can get some discounts. xD

**Contact**

You can contact me here via PMs or on Skype: [email protected]

**Payment**

You can pay me throught PayPal. My PayPal email is: [email protected]

Just giving anyone else a heads up prior to working with Thomas (Due to his other account finally being banned)

He is fairly well known for using others work, directly ripping code and not giving credits.

So anyone looking to work with him, keep your eyes open on what you get done.

And no staff and Admins I'm not directly attacking Thomas, Just giving the users a fair warning as it seems the banning on this board is useless as anyone can just re create accounts without an issue.

> Just giving anyone else a heads up prior to working with Thomas (Due to his other account finally being banned)
>
>  
>
> He is fairly well known for using others work, directly ripping code and not giving credits.
>
>  
>
> So anyone looking to work with him, keep your eyes open on what you get done.
>
>  
>
>  
>
> And no staff and Admins I'm not directly attacking Thomas, Just giving the users a fair warning as it seems the banning on this board is useless as anyone can just re create accounts without an issue.

Irrevelant Justin. I am not offering partnership with anyone, I am just offering some of MY codes, so your post is totally irrevelant.

> I don't understand why that was even such a big deal? It's an open source community, credit is supposed to be optional. People rip graphics and steal art from all across the internet. Do they ever offer any credit? No, so why should it mater if the same happens in the form of code?
>
> I think it's nice that you offer your services, and I might need some of your work later on. How long do you plan to do this?

Not every code is open source ;-)

My engine isnt open source and the Silverdale engine isnt open source too so every code which is created by another and which is not released for free isnt open source.

And open source -> CC Creative Common credits needed

> Irrevelant Justin. I am not offering partnership with anyone, I am just offering some of MY codes, so your post is totally irrevelant.

It is highly relevant because you are offering services for money. 

I feel its the right of every other member here who is looking for work on their game and is willing to give their hard earned money to someone who was previously banned because they were blatantly copying other users work, Should know whats going on… Although they can't tell any of the past because you made your way around your banned account.

This community is being re-built and re-branded from the ground up, It doesn't need the drama from before which you ensued from directly copying 4-5 games from this community.

> I don't understand why that was even such a big deal? It's an open source community, credit is supposed to be optional. People rip graphics and steal art from all across the internet. Do they ever offer any credit? No, so why should it mater if the same happens in the form of code?
>
> I think it's nice that you offer your services, and I might need some of your work later on. How long do you plan to do this?

Yes people rip graphics and code and claim them as their own, it's a very common practice but that doesn't mean it's correct.

This is known as plagiarism.

> If his account was banned because he was ripping code, I think I'll think twice about this…

Yeah, but that was old times. And I was banned becouse of site design, not becouse of coding. Justin is just attacking me as usual. I do not care. And now, I am not banned, so that means that I changed, or?

Would you be able to change eclipse so that it can handle more than 1000 players at once? Also would you be able to add time travel feature like braid? 

Justin is simply pointing out that you have previously stolen, its necessary to know this in advance. WOULD YOU HIRE A THIEF HUH PUNK?

Can you people just stop already?

You guys are acting like some kids who got their ice cream stolen.

People can change and I noticed that after that incident he started to give proper credit for everything wich isn't his work.

Instead starting a war here you guys better do something else.

> Yeah, but that was old times. And I was banned becouse of site design, not becouse of coding. Justin is just attacking me as usual. I do not care. And now, I am not banned, so that means that I changed, or?

You aren't banned now because you made a new account…

Stealing a sign at a car shop is still stealing, regardles of the difference in items and shop inventory.

But anyway, I think we've covered the part where it's mentioned he has a history of stealing material often enough now. There's no need to cause a whole discussion over it again, it's happened and people are now warned it has. If it arises again in the future we'll take action then, instead of bashing him in advance. If he wasn't welcome anymore altogether he would've been out already.

Well, it's right that he offered stuff as his own which wasn't, but that was before!! I've never heard any complaints for almost a year now…

Also he's one of the best coders in vb6 around mirage imo.

If you don't trust him and me, just look at one of his engines, which are really impressive!!

I will agree, that Thomas is one of the better VB6 programmers around, I'm really not trying to re direct business from him away… more or less just warn people of the past because his banned account is not as known anymore and most people wouldn't tie the two accounts together without knowing the prior drama. 

So I'd like to keep this clear of the drama despite me disliking thomas He is able to code well on VB6 and my intentions were not to stir up this in his topic.

Again I apologize staff for opening this shitstorm of an argument.

Cleaned out most of the unessecary stuff. I think the posts we have up here now cover the warning fairly well. Let's leave it at that and give the guy his topic back so that he can earn some vacation money. :P

I THINK MY POST HAD VALID QUESTIONS…

Like the request, more than 1000 players on a server at one time.

Gee just edit the post and remove the stealing bit if you must BUT DONT DELETE MY VALID POST

**Everyone and their mother knows that that's not a reasonable request nor possible with the way it works right now. Not to mention the fact you'll never get that many players. I removed it because I felt it was there to troll him rather than being an actual question.**

**-Frankenstein.**

• 2 weeks later...
Seen better and more 'reliable' programmers in my time, but nether the less if you need the features above Thomas is worth investing in. As for his past history, make what you think of him, don't let others put you off, however you're at your own risk, as you have been warned by a few posters above. Best of luck,

-Kibbelz