Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Squiddle's Post with lots of questions

Squiddle

I made this post for my questions, so I'll keep them all here so to keep space on the forums. They are sorted by emoticons:
:bstar: Easy
:star: Medium
:rstar: Hard
:help: Help Really Needed
Here they are:

1\. :bstar: Can I edit the health bar image like in Lostica?

~~2\. :bstar: Where are all of the message colours located? I want to change all of the message colours to green, but I only changed a few since no all of them are located in the Main.txt. I can't find regular speech, when you pick up an item, when you buy an item, etc.~~

~~3\. :star: This one's not really source. I need a script for a scripted tile that when you step on it, if finds your sprite and stores it, gives you a different sprite depending on what your original sprite was, and teleports you to a certain spot on the map.~~

~~4\. :star: How can I make the menu switch if I press a key? Like, if I press _, it will switch to the inventory. I still need the one for options and character!

5\. :star: How can I make the eclipse convert to using BMP? Because I have all of the layouts in BMP, but it won't accept them.

6\. :bstar: How can I make it turn you back into the sprite depending on the variable it got from questions number 3? And would it still work if I logged out and came back in?

7\. :star: How can I make is so that the menu's wont switch (Number 4) when you're speaking?

~~8\. :rstar: :help: I used godlord's spell fix in the source edits section, but my paperdoll broke when it worked. I looked it up, and it says I have to DELETE ALL OF THE ACCOUNTS?! I have about 85 players registered, so how can I replace them without losing them forever?~~

9.  :bstar: Can someone link to a tutorial or tell me please on how to make a customized GUI pop up when you click on a scripted item? Thanks =).

Those are all for now._~~

Yeah you can. It sounds easy enough. However I can't give you a full walkthrough on that one because I haven't actually tried it soooo… But yeah I would imagine you just have to Blit the image right before you blit the actual bar.

umm... Open the Client project, and hit ctrl+f and change it to search whole project and search for the messages that haven't changed colors. Do the same in the server project file.

3.. Open main.txt and search for ScriptedTiles. In your next open Case do this
```
Case 0
                    Call PutVar("\Scripts\charextras\"&GetPlayerName(Index)&".ini","Sprite","normal",GetPlayerSprite(Index))
                    Call SetPlayerSprite(Index,whateverspriteyouneed)
                    Call PlayerWarp(Index,mapnum,mapx,mapy)

```and edit it to match your needs

First you'll have to implement the press enter to talk code as found here:
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,28926.0.html

Open client project, go to frmMirage, look in the code for "form_KeyUp" and add this code
```
    If KeyCode = vbKeyI Then
        picInventory.Visible = True
        picGuildMember.Visible = False
        picEquipment.Visible = False
        picPlayerSpells.Visible = False
        picWhosOnline.Visible = False
        picGuildAdmin.Visible = False
    End If

```Easy enough. Also easy to implement other functions for other keys. A list of key IDs can be found here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0z084th3(VS.80).aspx

he means client.vbp and server.vpb (vbp = visual basic project)
jsut search for BLACK or something and you will normally be send to a line where the color is black from

DON'T change the constonants, otherwise it will  become a mess ^^

just try it out… gl, Tyr

well for the sprite changing one I need a little more info to give you the exact script that you want. The script i posted up there will just save the players normal sprite and then change it to w/e you want. I need a little more info on how you want the player to change back. Like…do you want a timer? or another scripted tile to change them back? I can't script that much without more details.

As for number 5\. Yes you can change them to BMP. Open the project file for the client... according to the main screen, this is the code for the pictures:
```
Private Sub Form_Load()

Dim i As Long
    Dim result As Long
    Dim result1 As Long
    Dim result2 As Long

result = SetWindowLong(txtChat.hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE, WS_EX_TRANSPARENT)
        result = SetWindowLong(txtCmb.hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE, WS_EX_TRANSPARENT)
            result = SetWindowLong(txtGuild.hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE, WS_EX_TRANSPARENT)
    Dim Ending As String

For i = 1 To 4
        If i = 1 Then Ending = ".gif"
        If i = 2 Then Ending = ".jpg"
        If i = 3 Then Ending = ".png"
        If i = 4 Then Ending = ".bmp"

If FileExists("GUI\800X600" & Ending) Then
            frmMirage.Picture = LoadPicture(App.Path & "\GUI\800X600" & Ending)
        End If

Next i
End Sub
```
So based on that, if you have them saved with the right name and a .bmp ending, it should automatically switch to the BMP file…

number 7:
you have to check if focus is on the chat box or not. I'm not 100% sure how to do this because I haven't gotten around to it yet. But it should be easy enough to google and whatnot.

I mean that if you step on the Scripted tile, lets say it finds that you're a zebra. It wil lgive you the sprite of a zebra in a car (Just work with me…). But lets say it find you're a lion. It will give you the sprite of a lion in a car. (Still, just work with me).

Also, for number 5, do I need to have every GUI save in BMP for it to work? Because I only have like 3 of them done.

well about your last question. (8)

there is no way to do that, but i believe you didn't path it right? peoples will still be able to login. you have backups right?

and if you really want to add it the only thing i can say is using the characted editor. log in on all the 85 accounts watch what they have (skills, skin, items, etc..) write it ALL down then delete all the accounts and remake them all with the same stats.

its a long job actually, best of luck.

i saw it somewere on the forums, let me get a link for you.
couldn't find it quickly, i uploaded it for you.

[http://files.filefront.com/CharEditorexe/;12610999;/fileinfo.html](http://files.filefront.com/CharEditorexe/;12610999;/fileinfo.html)

its only 80kb :)
hope this helped you out.

- Tyr

lol squiddle chill, it also took me alot of time to fix it… did you try what i said?

- write down the data for a character
- delete the account with the character
- remake it
- and fill in the data yo uworte down with the char editor

oO looks like u made the problem even worse mate…
well you can just wipe all the accounts, when ppl go and ask where is all my stuff! just give them a several amount of money in-game?

i see no other way out.

PS: you have a backup of your client and server right?

Can someone help me out with number 9? I want it so that when you use the scripted item, a customized chatbox ting pops up. It's like the one Mr.Miggu made (See script database), but only with an item. I want this because I had a really cool idea of an in-game collectible card game. You don't battle or anything, you just collect them by doing different tasks. And when you click on one in your inventory, it will display it on your screen. Also, for the non-JPG thing, was  right? All you have to do is make every GUI a BMP? Then it will work?