Find results in...

Lets make a tileset!

AdrianC

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SÊŽ|3><(_)z:

> is this gonna be 3.0's default tileset?

I wanted that. Now, I'm not sure anymore.

If enough people help, we could have something great. Not many good pixel artists here sadly.

If we get something good enough, I will talk to some admins about it. Well, Niko already knows about it, but I don't think anybody else saw this. Its a pretty dead section of the forums.

I dunno, just random stuff, didn't bother to organise this post properly.

As was said in the vet section, I used the outline and trunk of the tree, never said it was 100% custom, nor do I deny using breeze as a base.

If you are wanting these to be Eclipse's Tiles upon release, you have so so far to go. First you have to blend every tile together, as far as it goes now;
Those trees do not fit in with Anna's absolute awesomeness…
Nor does the 'long' grass, everything about it screams mixed tiles...

If I were you, I'd try to match Anna's work, but that will take months to do, that is if you actually are good to begin with.

If myself and Japez were payed, we could probably redo all the default Eclipse graphics, so that you have no copyright issues to worry about. We could make tilesets, sprites, sexy new GUI's, and some default paperdoll.

Of cause, as you can imagine for the two of us it would be an incredible load of work, so I'm afraid we couldn't do it for cheap. But it would be consistent and high quality.

I know, I know.

Lol, what do you want me to do about it? I'm trying aren't I?

If more people add things, maybe we'll get tiles that actually match, and we can pick something out of that. Otherwise, I don't see how it would be possible to make a good tileset, without choosing 1-2 people to do the whole thing.

And when's my warning going to disappear, had it for like 10 days now.

Grass / water coast, and deep water transition.
![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/annacomnena/gfx/collab-tiles-02.png)

Castle walls and arches, and stone bridge:
![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/annacomnena/gfx/collab-castle-bridges.png)

Good work on the wooden bridge, it looks great!

U guys make sweet stuff, wish I could contribute but I suck at pixeling :P

EDIT: Meh I know it sucks but it's what I could do. You guys can use it if you want but I doubt you will, I just wanted to contribute something:

![](http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc228/Sylexus/Tiles7.jpg)

@Kreator:

> If myself and Japez were payed, we could probably redo all the default Eclipse graphics, so that you have no copyright issues to worry about. We could make tilesets, sprites, sexy new GUI's, and some default paperdoll.
>
> Of cause, as you can imagine for the two of us it would be an incredible load of work, so I'm afraid we couldn't do it for cheap. But it would be consistent and high quality.

…I may be willing to make a donation out of my £50 a week, for the good of all Eclipsers.  :P

Depends if you have a tilset for 3.0 already, or not.

• 2 weeks later...