Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

100% Custom tiles for Vikings

zade_o

Ah ok…Still don't see how the big lumps are but anywayz...the smaller water rocks need better shading no offence but the shading is terrible, it's just like random splatters of colour...try working on your shading. like a light source but other than that overall 7/10 (Sorry just not my cuppa tea).

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure the majority of graphic artists would agree that a smooth shaded rock doesn't look like a rock cus it would look too smooth and plastic like. I don't know what beaches you go to but I don't typically see a smooth boulder… they're jagged and rough.

I know I need to redo cliffs, I'm not too worried about that right now, I wanna get more tiles done so I can put out an early version of the game and then go back and do stuff like change cliffs. but anyways…

UPDATE -
-Swamp(like) tiles
-mushrooms
-dead trees
-dead bushes

Swamps have different water from the ocean btw... and some swamp tiles have a little sparkle just to make it prettier.
Taking me a while to make more cus my winter break has been real hectic.

UPDATE-
Buildings!, working on town tiles, such as the statues/ruined statues, buildings, beaten paths, torches.

Btw, before anyone says something like "wtf is wrong with the roof of the house?"
I googled viking buildings and the picture i referenced, the house roofs were covered with grass and sloped all the way down to the ground. Sooo… blame the vikings.

![](http://s5.tinypic.com/2872cme.jpg)

Any other ideas for town tiles I should make? (other than doors… i just got so excited when i finished the building lol)

P.S. Slym I desaturated the beach and it looks better, I just dont' feel like updating that picture lol

@Gh0st:

> Btw, before anyone says something like "wtf is wrong with the roof of the house?"
> I googled viking buildings and the picture i referenced, the house roofs were covered with grass and sloped all the way down to the ground. Sooo… blame the vikings.

Surely interesting, however- how do the vikings get into the house? I see no door. xD

> Any other ideas for town tiles I should make? (other than doors… i just got so excited when i finished the building lol)

=) I just got excited when I finished the house so I skipped the door rofl. They're vikings, I'm sure they can find a way in… breaking the wall or something haha

Naw it's cool. I understand, I guess when I post updates I should put the full update in the new post and in the original.

Working on the door now btw.

Alright, finished the door. What else do I need to make for a viking village? I'm gonna use some of my paperdoll shield/weapons for decorations on buildings but idk what else.