Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

100% Custom tiles for Vikings

zade_o

@Anna:

> No, it looks out of place because the scale of everything around them is the same as what is with the "smaller sprites". It has nothing to do with the sprite size themselves, it's their scale with the surrounding graphics.

Exactly, it looks out of the scale from the tiles…

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are right, like if you look at your smaller trees the sprites are the same exact size, not very realistic, i didn't really notice until they said anything though. And If you look at the small boat, if the human sat down he would take up one whole side of the boat practically instead of one of the seats. Its not technically a bad thing and your far to into your tilesets to redo all of them. If you want to fix the problem Id just say to scale the sprites and pd down. But yea.

For the cliff tiles, I would day they look decent and would look better when the transition was fixed. I like them. Only problem I see that is kind of unappealing is the border of the top of the cliffs. The cliffs and the ground tile used compliment each other well but the border is too bright and out of place, try using a different pallets that blends better with the darker browns. Idk maybe darker is not the way to go, but if you look at the cliffs a bit the three elements are strange together, they seem almost separate and not on cliff which is what you should be going for.

alright I can change the colors of that border. But I feel that I must say this… some trees are the size of people... hell there's a tree in my backyard shorter than me. Soooo.... I don't think it'll be a big deal, once you play the game you'll get used to it

its not only the tree though but yeah. Also is the tree in your background as lushes and plump with leafs as that one is? Also is the tree trunk that thick on short trees? Normally trees that are the size of humans, or shorter are less fat and not so bushy. You know what I mean?  Also not the stumps are far bigger than any of the tree trunks around and the stump looks abnormally large compared to the human. Its those kinds of things that their talking bout. Like I said I don't mind it at all, games aren't always meant to be as realistic as possible because they are not real… why make a game simulate life as close ass possible? If you wanted to walk around in real life and do normal things than you would, the point of games are to drag you away from the normal realism of our lives.