Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

VB6 Error

Darknesslighter

Dear community,

When I recently started my VB6 and tried to open server.vbp I got the following error:

![](http://i41.tinypic.com/2uh4in4.png)

I even re-installed my VB6 and I am using it as an Administrator.

I am able to open the src files, but am not able to save them..

Does anybody have a clue what is going on?

Thank you!

EightTray

A particular COM interface isn't registered in your system. You need to figure out exactly which one and then use this: 

> cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64\
> regtlib LIBHERE

to register it.

When you attempt to save, does it generate any .text format versions for any of your forms?

> A particular COM interface isn't registered in your system. You need to figure out exactly which one and then use this: 
>
>  
>
>  
>
> to register it.
>
>  
>
> When you attempt to save, does it generate any .text format versions for any of your forms?

I am having the same problem and yes it generates a .text format:

```
Line 27: Class MSWinsockLib.Winsock of control Socket was not a loaded control class.
Line 35: Class TabDlg.SSTab of control SSTab1 was not a loaded control class.
Line 223: Class MSComctlLib.ListView of control lvwInfo was not a loaded control class.

```

> I am having the same problem and yes it generates a .text format:
>
> ```
> Line 27: Class MSWinsockLib.Winsock of control Socket was not a loaded control class.
> Line 35: Class TabDlg.SSTab of control SSTab1 was not a loaded control class.
> Line 223: Class MSComctlLib.ListView of control lvwInfo was not a loaded control class.
>
> ```

> Dear community,
>
>  
>
> When I recently started my VB6 and tried to open server.vbp I got the following error:
>
>  
>
> ![](http://i41.tinypic.com/2uh4in4.png)
>
>  
>
> I even re-installed my VB6 and I am using it as an Administrator.
>
> I am able to open the src files, but am not able to save them..
>
> Does anybody have a clue what is going on?
>
>  
>
> Thank you!
>
> EightTray

I had the same problem went away on its own only happened once, If I could help I would :-/

Ignore all other posts here. Simply right click vb6.exe and click :Disable Desktop Composition" and click "Run as Administrator"

• 6 months later...
I am back once again, I got interested in the new game engine and wanted to install my VB6 again, but am having still the same error as before, which still isnt solved.. I need to re-instal my MSDN Libraries, but am not sure -which one- exactly? Anybody has any clue since I really need to get this fixed in order to keep my motivation..

Sincerely,

EightTray

The MSDN libraries are nothing but useless help files. They won't tell you much of anything.

Assuming it worked before and stopped working here, since that's the idea I get from your first post. What OS are you using and did you install any updates (e.g. Internet Explorer 11) before it happened?

First of all, thanks for helping me Stein, appreciate it!

I am using a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit system, VB6 never worked on this laptop before as I never solved the problem.. I guess I didnt installed any 'special' updates next to the regular once..

I am running VB6 as an Administrator and disabled the Desktop Composition.