Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Key

nava822

I want to make a door that only opens with a key and when you have a key it teleports you to the next map, but if you dont have it, it tells you to look for it, and i dont know how to do that  :sad: Do i have to script it?

if so, can anyone make a script where i could just edit some stuff, or maybe just tell me how to do it plz! I've spent more than 4 hours looking on how to script because im a noob but i cant find anything! PLEASE HELP ME!

@nava822:

> I want to make a door that only opens with a key and when you have a key it teleports you to the next map, but if you dont have it, it tells you to look for it, and i dont know how to do that  :sad: Do i have to script it?
>
> if so, can anyone make a script where i could just edit some stuff, or maybe just tell me how to do it plz! I've spent more than 4 hours looking on how to script because im a noob but i cant find anything! PLEASE HELP ME!

You don't need to script ot >.>.

Just make a "key" tagged item.
Make a "locked or key" tagged door/block/w-e
Put a warp on the block behind it -.-'

@ʇıunpp:

> You don't need to script ot >.>.
>
> Just make a "key" tagged item.
> Make a "locked or key" tagged door/block/w-e
> Put a warp on the block behind it -.-'

Well, i found out how to do it last night, i think that was the way i did it but thx anyway xDDDD

You can always ask someone who has used the key attributes to their advantage (take Neon for example) in his game he uses the random warp this very well, it takes you to a secret dungeon (which was very fun) and you would finish it by gaining keys and defeating a boss, after you were awarded special points. It was a great feature indeed, the thing that stuck out the most to me was obtaining the keys from the monsters in the dungeon.