Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Basics of Eclipse Tutorial

Sowtis

@die876:

> nope still not working tried both solutions

You're sure you read it well? Usually that's why people can't get it to run nowadays, because I've tried it on Windows XP, Vista and Seven and it worked on all three perfectly fine.

Regards,
  Godlord.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have read
i ran the library installer i had to beacause my server wouldn't start without it
but my client works till i use a character then it crashes and says it needs direct x7 or higher
i looked at your bugs and stuff thread (can't remember name of it) and put direct x7 in manually
still didn't work

@die876:

> i have read
> i ran the library installer i had to beacause my server wouldn't start without it
> but my client works till i use a character then it crashes and says it needs direct x7 or higher
> i looked at your bugs and stuff thread (can't remember name of it) and put direct x7 in manually
> still didn't work

Have you ran ELI or regsvr32 as a system administrator?

Regards,
  Godlord.

@die876:

> no i havn't
> but how will it help?
> thanks for your help btw you're obviously one of the most helpful people on the forums
> then again you did make the library thingy so you'd expect it really  ;)

Run it as an administrator as described in the topic. If you don't, then it will not be able to install the files correctly, because it has to execute some system administrative procedures.

btw. no problem, it's mainly why I am here.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@die876:

> now it's saying multiple account logins not allowed  :rolleyes:

You don't need to login on an administrator account.

Just right-click the file, go to 'Properties', click on the 'Security' tab and check the 'Run as administrator'-checkbox then press on 'OK' and run ELI.

Regards,
  Godlord.

don't worry turned out i minused one XD
but on a more serious matter a virus is preventing me from entering other accounts
this means that i cannot log off this acount or my dad will have to reboot it so i have to destroy it by tonight or my dad will find out that it's got a virus which is sorta my fault for downloading off unofficial sites

@die876:

> belive it or not that installs some spyware which it wont show i'm just running avg free

To be honest, I use none of them. So I can't really help that much. Only used Spybot Search & Destroy once and I checked it manually, didn't add any spyware, only removed it.

Regards,
  Godlord.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
@The:

> You have two servers open, CTRL + ALT + Delete them and open up Task Manager to close them both.

Thanks, i figured that out from earlier posts though,.
BUT if anyone could help me, i need to learn how to place my object i made, i still don't understand and i've looked at both of the mapping tutorials.

• 2 weeks later...
Pls Help, Im Stuck, Well i Clicked Server.Exe . Then I GO to Client Folder And OPen client.exe But Everytime i opened it, it says
"Error reading from config.ini"
"Error loading colors.txt"
"Run Time Error "339" .Component VBMP.oxc or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file missing or invalid. "

Well i already Installed the library files… Pls Help.. What Should i do? ~_~

• 5 weeks later...