Basics of Eclipse Tutorial

Sowtis

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
@Koll:

> Hi, great tutorial but im having trouble placing the armour. After you've named it is it supposed to be with the other items on the map editor screen? I can't find it.

Hi there Koll; I'm glad that I'm the first one here to welcome you to Eclipse :)

As for placing an item on the map, under "Tile Attributes", you should see one that says "Item".  Click that, and you'll be able to select the item you want on the map.

@petbuddy:

> When i click server then i click client the server is always offline can someone help me please

Hello petbuddy, welcome to Eclipse :)
Wow, I got to welcome two people to Eclipse today :azn:

Anyway, in your Config.ini (client folder), make sure it says ip=127.0.0.1 and port is 4000, and in the Data.ini, port=4000

If you have any more trouble, it's best that you make a topic in the Questions board or Bugs and Errors board.

Ok, I am really confused. I have just downloaded all the stuff. I have the server running and I have created an account and a character. Though, when I go back to the server, I do not come up on the list. Now, I downloaded this one or two times before I actually read the tutorial, so would it simply be one of the other server program things?

@bert911292:

> Ok, I am really confused. I have just downloaded all the stuff. I have the server running and I have created an account and a character. Though, when I go back to the server, I do not come up on the list. Now, I downloaded this one or two times before I actually read the tutorial, so would it simply be one of the other server program things?

Hi!
Before anything, I'd like to be the first here to welcome you to Eclipse :)

Now, on to the problem at hand.
You can only have 1 server running at a time, to be able to see yourself on the list with the correct server.
Go into your System Tray (by your clock), and get rid of all the other servers you have running.

If you're still having issues, just restart your computer, everything should run smoothly after that.

• 1 month later...
@die876:

> every time i try starting the client it says that i need direct x 7 or higher and i've got direct x 10 WHY WON'T IT WORK

@die876:

> every time i try starting the client it says that i need direct x 7 or higher and i've got direct x 10 WHY WON'T IT WORK

Install the library files.