Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dawn of Light - New House

Vortigem

Working on new houses for Dawn of Light, here is the base design I have going:

(SIMPLE/NO SHADE):
![](http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/8749/new1ly2.png)

I'm working on more angles for expanded design, further more I also have a Door, Chimney & Windows working as well.

What are your thoughts otherwise on how I can improve this new house design?

Awesome, thank you both :)

Now that I know this is the design I want to stick with, I''ll continue working on further angles, followed by shadow & shading.

I'm also sketching out vegetation & objects to outline the house, giving the tiles a better blend effect.

Shading is for sure needed, maybe its just the lack of shading but their needs to be some way to differentiate the two sides. Maybe a post thing down the middle or maybe a thicker roof tile in the middle or maybe simply shading. Not sure.

@Niko:

> Shading is for sure needed, maybe its just the lack of shading but their needs to be some way to differentiate the two sides. Maybe a post thing down the middle or maybe a thicker roof tile in the middle or maybe simply shading. Not sure.

I know exactly what you mean. Will update the image later and we'll see if its any better :D

I'm sure your aware by now Vortigem, but in case you aren't I'll help you understand the main issue in the first version of the house.

Notice the roof's perspective is directly overheard. If you were to be standing directly above the house and looked down, that is what the roof would look like. Compare this with the rest of the objects in the mockup, and you will notice the perspective is inconsistent. You would not be able to see the house walls if you were looking directly down at the house.

@‡ƒorce‡DDunit‡:

> Looks good. The tree trunk is a bit over-sized though :|

No worries, when I drew the tree I had it in mind as my "Fat Tree" one of those few trees in the forest you'll find that are larger than normal.

@Kreator:

> I'm sure your aware by now Vortigem, but in case you aren't I'll help you understand the main issue in the first version of the house.
>
> Notice the roof's perspective is directly overheard. If you were to be standing directly above the house and looked down, that is what the roof would look like. Compare this with the rest of the objects in the mockup, and you will notice the perspective is inconsistent. You would not be able to see the house walls if you were looking directly down at the house.

Lol yeah I knew about it ^_^
I spent hours upon hours developing a decent roof/shingle tile, and when I finally had it I was burned out and tried to cheat the roof, which obviously wasn't the best outcome lol.

Here is the corrected version of the house, pre-shade & shadow:
![](http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7868/newhouseet2.png)

Any additional details needed other than shade and shadow?

******UPDATE******
Eureka!
Intersecting House Tiles:
![](http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7541/newhousedv1.png)