Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Real Life Guitar Thread]

Dark Crusade

you guys need to talk to Randel Furgeson.

my music teacher.

hes got a guitar from 1706\. 1813\. and 184-sumthin.

and more. Hes famous and knows like everything. doesnt play electric anymore. although if he sold all the guitars he would make about…20,000 he said...sumthing like that.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own two bases I used play in a local band…the bastard saints

![](http://images.guitarcenter.com/products/optionlarge/Fender/268485jpg.jpg)

This is my relic I actually bought it like this I love vintage shit.
Never for stage

![](http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-SR405QM-Soundgear-5-String-Electric-Bass-104228754-i1172539.gc)
This is my 5 string ive used for recording sounds great.

Wanna hear a sample here ya go.

The old website is www.bastardsaints.com
ITS FUCKING OLD DO NOT CONTACT THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE FUCKING JERKS…and im not the bassist on the bio page those fuckers took me off

I'll get a picture of my current shitty guitar soon.  XD I don't even know the model.. all I know is, it sucks nuts.

I'm getting an Avenger soon… hopefully[once I start working]

xD But, mine blows, and is by Ibanez.  It mainly blows because of my Amp, and I'm selling the guitar for $250 to a friend.

Well I play Bass and Elec G learning both at the same time is pretty easy i do like eight guitar lessons then 8 bass. Bass really strengthens your fingers Zombie and also if you know anyone that wants to start Guitar I'm soon selling an Elec on ebay but remember its for Starters only really.
Yeh I have really a small and amp and I dunno what guitar soon I'll be buying a new one and hopefully it'll sound woodier. I play a lot of Hendrix and my guitar at the moment has a really unique sound when I plug in the wah-wah and I play Purple Haze. I also kinda sing but thats like to myself not really a stage song. Sung to my GF once but that'll never be done again. it went wel just too embarassing.

Crap dude, that's embarrassing, haha  :embarrassed: . Sorry, got my pic off google when I searched my guitar, to lazy to take a photo. Now I realize it was waaay off… Here the real one, its a crap guitar... I'm thinking about getting an acoustic, ya i know  :P

![](http://www.pittsburghguitars.com/Resources/FMI/fender/squier/squierministrat.jpg)

Thats not a crap guitar, and it probably built better than most counterparts around that $200 price range. Fender are like Gibson… they may make guitars in both the USA and Korea (and other places of course) but their quality standards are very high. Gibson use the Samick factory in Korea, so if you want a cheap gibson replica that does truly play like a Gibson, i recommend a Samick Les Paul replica. You can get a decent one for around $400-$500

@УvøgêÑ:

> so if you want a cheap gibson replica that does truly play like a Gibson, i recommend a Samick Les Paul replica. You can get a decent one for around $400-$500

thats 100% true, those are good guitars :)

lol, get this:

today, I went to the pawn shops around my dorm…
I go in, the old black man inqures... "Can I help ya?"

I say, "depends... you wanna sell any of your guitars for 20$?"

and he grabs his chest and shouts "OH!! You insult me!!"

lmao. just thought I'd share that.

@Belmont:

> question, are Ashton brand guitars rubbish? if anyone knows? im just gathering info to get a new acoustic..I had one ages ago, didnt even know what make it was lol

There are varying degrees of Ashtons. I have had an Ashton SS17 since about 1995, and physically its a great guitar, sounds  pretty good - but they really cheaped out on the frets. Pickups are important sure, quality of bridges and knobs too - but always find out what your fretboard is made out of. Guitars should last a lifetime if treated right.

Frets are made of Nickel and Silver usually, or if you buy an uber guitar they are usually titanium based. Obviously nickel is cheaper than silver, so the cheaper ashton guitars have softer frets.

Long story short… you bash a fret or damage it, it can cost you more than the guitar did to get fixed, and its literally unplayable. If there is a deep enough groove in the fret the string will get caught as you bend and stops it in its tracks... i lost a couple guitars due to this.

If you keep it in its case and take care of it, its YOU that makes a guitar play well. Sure some play better than others, but really.. i have  200 buck yamaha RGX227 that plays as fast, loud and clean as my $1300 ibanez sasfm36.

Im currently playin A B.C. Rich Warlock (Bronze seiries) through a Boss ML-2 "Metalcore" pedal, My amps only a tiny 10w marshall amp but its alright for practice. Ive done a little recording in the past but nothing serious came from it.
If anyone wants to Check it out:

www.myspace.com/Prophecht

ive only been playing around 2 years, so its not brilliant.

P.S. Dont get a warlock if you sit while playing!

I played a Hell Raiser Revenger with a Line 6 valve HD100 head and a 412 slant cab and 412 straight cab. It was so insanely loud. The shopkeeper was awesome to let us play on a whole 1 notch xD, and as he mentioned 'Any louder and it would rip your balls off". That amp was beast. The guitar was incredble too. Funny because my brother said he could hear me playing half way down the street at the mall.

I've been playing guitar for about 6 years. **However I have only been playing seriously for just under 3 years**. I wish I started earlier but back then it was girls, skating and the usual.

I'm now going into the world of real music though. Almost got my diploma in music (only 3/4 months left) and I also gi regularly and have even gone to Europe to play a few times and even teach out there haha!

Anyway here's some of my equipment.

Guitar: Cort KX1Q

Cort are a very under-rated company. Produce some fantastic instruments especially ad a budget price. I chose this model for it's amazing tone selection. With a flick of a switch you can make it sound like a fender with single coils and then back for the much more heavier humbucker sound.

![](http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8626/kx1qhn7.jpg)

I have a few stomp boxes such as the Boss DS1, DD3and CH1 etc etc.

However I much prefer using multi-effects units when I can since they are just much easier and you can also get many different tones and sounds from each preset without having to fiddle with the knobs between songs.

During that time I always use this baby,

Digitech RP500

![](http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9039/kkkkkus2.jpg)

One of the best multi-effects units I have ever used. very under-rated too because of people using Line 6 Pods etc which I have used and owned an can honestly say I hated 'em.

It seems most of the under-rated stuff is what produced the best tones and sounds, atleast for me. Probably because I spend a long time adjusting my tones with equalizer effects and much more.

As for amps I use many. Sometimes in smaller venues and depending on what I'm playing I'll just hook the digitech RP500 right into the PA system and it sounds incredible.

But in other times I normally use these amps

Vox Valvetronix ACVT50

(It is alot bigger than the picture, I can't seem to find a large one off google haha.

![](http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/a6/7/AAAAAm7CSDwAAAAAAKZ8-A.jpg)

Marshall Stack (Can't remember the models I'll check tomorrow and edit the post but for now a nice pic for you)

![](http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/graphics/articles/reports/2007/id_480774_200x365.jpg)

I also use a Peavey Trans-tube Bandit 12 Amp. Very good little amp and gives one hell of a nice tone even when loud.

![](http://www.zikinf.com/_gfx/matos/dyn/large/peavey-bandit-112.jpg)

I also use other stuff too such as Guitar Rig and so forth.

I'm looking to buy myself a real expensive guitar but not sure what to buy yet. Just been waiting to see. I'd love a PRS but then there are also some fantastic Ibanez guitars out there.

**Any of you other guitarists have any recordings of your playing/covers? I'd love to hear you all** :D

Line 6 is not awesome at all. Everything they produce just sounds way too digital and fake. the gains are always too tinny and the cleans aren't any good. No real professionals use Line 6 gear because it really is lame. Perhaps their tube amps are decent but everything else is awful. Seriously. The only people who would stick up for Line 6 are those who haven't been able to have a truely amazing tone and a real ear for it.

That's not to be insulting or in any way starting a flame, but honestly, absolutely NO pro I have ever seen/met and played with likes or uses line 6 either.

I'm not being biased either as I have owned a few pieces of equipment and have played on the newer stuff too.

I've used a Pod XT Live, Spider 2 and 3 amps, Some huge stack which was a tube amp (that wasn't too bad since tube amps give some amazing quality of tones).

I honestly found line 6 stuff to just be way too digital sounding though. Everything that has some gain sounds too tinny and just fake.

@AydanWatkins:

> Marshall Stack (Can't remember the models I'll check tomorrow and edit the post but for now a nice pic for you)
> ![](http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/graphics/articles/reports/2007/id_480774_200x365.jpg)

Hold on, how could you not remember the model of such a bad ass amp? Seriously man before spending money on something like that you'd make sure you know a decent amount about it. Not to mention, how'd you find the picture? Google 'marshall stack' until you found something that looks like it? Even then Im sure the website you found the image on would have the model name on it.

lol because I haven't used it in a while. It's a good lil' amp but I let a friend use it while i focus on my other things heh. I'll have to find out later.

I found one thing which looks cool from line 6, but that's because there is NO amp modeling which is where the pods and amps suck balls.

The stompbox M13\. Looks quite cool and sounds pretty decent. I may look into trying one out.