Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What aspect of EE 3.0 are you most excited for?

Fruitpunch

my choice isn't up there…

the option to give up on my java game so I can make my MMO a whole lot easier and focus my java programming on freelance projects so I can actually get paid. ... I guess I'll have to scroll up and find the next best option

@[Null:

> Simius Cruentus link=topic=38321.msg366798#msg366798 date=1234220300]
> Its somewhat iso- very minor feature and not recommended.

Ugh, don't hint at this sort of stuff it gets the idiots excited and expecting more than what's in it.

I changed that feature for something else that's actually in place.

@Anna:

> Ugh, don't hint at this sort of stuff it gets the idiots excited and expecting more than what's in it.
>
> I changed that feature for something else that's actually in place.

Im not an idiot just an idiot when it comes to coding(probably because I spent maybe a day learning and didn't give it a second though)

Nah my choice isnt up there either, NPC's that have an option box for shooting projectiles.  :(

Fortunately I dont like sitting on my ass for very long and almost have finished the mod in EE2.7 - but it would be nice to have it in the dx8 version of eclipse. Why wait till 3.1?

I have mostly decided to stick with 2.7 personally.

For one, I dislike the fact that every sprite needs to be manually added via .ini info (the parameters of the size or whatever it is)  While the benefits of multiple sizes are attractive, with the exceptions of the few and extremely rare fully custom projects, this does little but add more annoyance and time to what was, in my opinion, an otherwise pretty well rounded system.
You dont find resources usually outside of the norms, and I dont think this feature will be very much utilized.

Also, I dislike the changes to sadscript.  Perhaps it may open up more, but little has been explained well about it, but it is mostly looking like little more then making sadscript more complex then neccesary.  I'm sure it may have perks I'm not aware of, but as it stands, I can do virtually everything I need via normal sadscript and some clever thinking.

I'll tinker with it some, but its going to be pretty hard to win me over.
I think its getting over-complexified (new word) unneccesarily, perhaps, and in the long run will make things much worse as far as new incoming people.  Current knowledgable members will be able to make the transition pretty easily, with various degree's of difficulty, but its reminding me more of VBGore in terms of complexity now.

Doesnt seem so user freindly anymore, a cornerstone of Eclipse all these years, and may end up hurting community growth in the long run.

Just opinions and estimations, will have to wait to see, in the long run