Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

More exp and hp?

xdharkx

Hp and exp and str and def npc's is it possible ot make it to where i can have npc's with more hp and exp putout?  32k is great on a small scale but it makes it tought ot make fun team bosses and events and ya i would like  to be bale to have tougher npc's reward better exp

@Hippoman:

> i dont understand most of what you said….
>
> but all you have to do is but the bar.
> if you wanna go above the bar you need to source code which requires VB6

me or the other guy? Also, the (set) cap is 32…..In order to increase would require vb editing, as Dr. Who cares said

"32k is great in a small scale but…"

Stop emulating asian MMOs with their horribly unbalanced hit point amounts. And 32,000 hit points are plenty enough hit points for anything.

Although, it's possible this has been worked on in EE 3.0, most of the data bytes and packets are being rewritten for efficiency so some of these old limits might not be present.

@Anna:

> "32k is great in a small scale but…"
>
> Stop emulating asian MMOs with their horribly unbalanced hit point amounts. And 32,000 hit points are plenty enough hit points for anything.
>
> Although, it's possible this has been worked on in EE 3.0, most of the data bytes and packets are being rewritten for efficiency so some of these old limits might not be present.

so they're working on this in EE 3.0 er something?

Fail.  Emulating asian mmo's? Go check out Somx or Jerrath or almost any 2d mmo that went anywhere at all. When ur level cap is above 50 even with small scaling 32k hp and exp output would get annoying.  Try to make a boss that would take 5 players any time effort and team work that only has 32k hp? I would like to give my players a decent amount of content ot work through.  So unfortunately this is just not the engine for me.

Spent the day thinking about it. Of all the engines i have used this by far seems the coolest with the most serious time and effort put into it. And i am very new to eclipse but just by browsing the forums i would think it is only going to improve. So a thought i had i can scale my npc's up to a point that point should get my chars to level 100 and then after that to make bosses challenging i can continue to make def and str higher on them in each dungeon afterwards. So a couple more questions
1) Can spells be scripted to take SP rather than MP?
2) can npc's be scripted ot cast healing spells? If so can 1 npc be scripted to cast healing spells on another specific npc?
3) i viewed a post about basically makeing damage over time and poison effects on weapons this actually looks fairly simple… But do these take into consideration an npc's defense?
4) i veiwed a script ot make a spell basically that will root another player in place for set time. This also does not look to difficult. But can it be modified to root npc's also? and if so can it be set to root players and npc's for seperate times with seperate chances of failure?
    If anyone can answer these thank you!!!

I have a group of friends and co workers willing to help me with this.  I really appreciate the help but prior to starting anything i wanted ot make sure this engine could do what i wanted.  Apparently it can, i need to finish moving and then get the server up to where my co workers and friends can connect to start mapping and what not, in the mean time, i have a note book and i am working on scenarios ofr boss fights a general map gear stats spells and classes.  I want to get things at least semi balanced in my mind before  istart l aying it all out.  This will take me at minimum a week or so at this rate.  Is it possible i can take a rain check and contact you in the near future to have you help me script a few simple scripts?

• 2 weeks later...
@xdharkx:

> Fail.  Emulating asian mmo's? Go check out Somx or Jerrath or almost any 2d mmo that went anywhere at all. When ur level cap is above 50 even with small scaling 32k hp and exp output would get annoying.  Try to make a boss that would take 5 players any time effort and team work that only has 32k hp? I would like to give my players a decent amount of content ot work through.  So unfortunately this is just not the engine for me.

did you max the def out so the players dont do alot of dmg making the fight last longer