Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jimbodawg's Mapping

Jimbodawg

Maybe put some shadows on one side of the tent, as you did well with the trees but then the bottom half looks like so bland. Its not to much the emptiness, I  can handle that - but with everything but the trees lacking any shadow, there is no depth - making the map look half iso and the bottom completely two dimensional.

I don't care about the lack of detail, I think it looks good. My only comment is about the stuff on the map edge. Make sure the opposing map border has something to match it.

But, for the bottom, maybe a patch of dirt or something, since it has been a camp, perhaps more of the area has been downtrodden? Would also break the monotomy of grass.

@Anna:

> I don't care about the lack of detail, I think it looks good. My only comment is about the stuff on the map edge. Make sure the opposing map border has something to match it.
>
> But, for the bottom, maybe a patch of dirt or something, since it has been a camp, perhaps more of the area has been downtrodden? Would also break the monotomy of grass.

Nah forget it im just going to get into an argument here and its just too hot right now.

What do you mean, "depth"? It's a flat field with a tent. You comment on shadows, but there are none in the map or on the tiles he's using, why should he edit the tilesets then? It only looks extremely flat because the tent just sits on the ground like nothing is there, which is why I suggest he place more patches of dirt in the lower region of the map.

1\. please dont delete posts like that, it just makes it confusing for everyone, if you want to stop an argument, just post "i dont want to get into an argument"

2\. there is absolutely no shadows in the map anywhere

3\. the bottom have could use some grass/dirt transition in it to make it more pleasing to the eye

Thanks for the feedback. Your criticism is what helps me in the long run.
I'll be going to bed soon, but tomorrow I'll post the full 30x30 map and maybe you'll change your views.
There's a cliff leading to a beach beneath the first screenshot, I didn't want to clutter up the surrounding area because I felt it'd make a smoother transition.

=)

@УvøgêÑ:

> [IG] link=topic=39068.msg378896#msg378896 date=1235110836]
> Sorry, did you make the map? I thought Jimbodawg did.
>
> And I deleted my post because I know im just going to get into an argument about it because you have to be right, regardless of the argument.

Now you're just flaming. I didn't know what you were referring to by depth, and I ignored the fact that you insulted me "and you say you're a mapper." Then instead of answering my question you delete your post. Then you have the gall to insult me now? Whatever. It's too late to deal with this. My car's been dead and the one week I don't have means to transport is the week Gwen never shows her face and I'm stuck babysitting the lot of you. Whatever.

Jimbo, you haven't lost any skill at cartography (I really liked your usage of the term).

I deleted one post Anna, and it was purely to avoid what I am experiencing now.
If you find any of that terribly insulting I apologise, but to me thats just banter, I dont really see it as insults.

I love the fact you think your 'babysitting the lot of us', its cute.

About the firepit, it's not really a firepit, it's just a clump of small logs laying on the grass. Like I said you need more dirt! :P

Hippoman, you were about 6 hours late with your comment, and it isn't your place to tell another user to be quiet. Only admins, and thread starters have that prerogative.

Jimbo, you said there is a cliff south of this screenshot? Are there any steps or ramps down the cliff nearby? Patches of dirt that would show a path between the camp and a place to cross the cliff would be a good touch I think.