Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ER 1.8.3 Upcoming

Mohenjo Daro

If all goes well ER 1.8.3 should be released in 1-2 weeks.

What will this update add and remove?
- Admin ranks: Currently there are 3 ranks of admins (Monitor, Developer, and Creator). This is removed and replaced with Moderator, Mapper, Content (creator), Developer, Creator, and Owner.

| Admin Ranks | Moderator | Mapper | Content Creator | Developer | Creator | Owner |
| :-----------: |:---------:| :-----:| :-----:| :-----:| :-----:| :-----:|
| Teleport | Y | Y | Y | Y | Y | Y |
| Kick | Y | | | | Y | Y |
| Ban | Y | | | | Y | Y |
| Edit Map | | Y | | Y | Y | Y |
| Edit NPC | | | Y | Y | Y | Y |
| Edit Shop | | | Y | Y | Y | Y |
| Edit Item | | | Y | Y | Y | Y |
| Edit Spell | | | Y | Y | Y | Y |
| Edit Anim | | | Y | Y | Y | Y |
| Edit Res | | | Y | Y | Y | Y |
| Edit Quest | | | Y | Y | Y | Y |
| Edit Weather | | Y | | Y | Y | Y |
| Override Map Protection | | | | | Y | Y |
| Change sprite | | | | Y | Y | Y |
| Give level | | | Y | Y | Y | Y |
| Spawn Items | | | Y | Y | Y | Y |
| Change Access | | | | | Y | Y |

- Map protection: there is a new option in the map properties called Owner. If you click this checkbox, then you will have ownership of the map and no one but you (and Creators and Owners) can edit that map. They can still use the dev panel on that map, but the map won't be saved. If you are an Owner or Creator, then only higher ranking admins can edit the map. So if yo're the owner, no one else can edit the map since you have to be a higher rank. This is a nice feature if you have multiple mappers and one of them likes changing the others' maps.

So far this is all that's been added (I had a problem with saving and loading the maps but it tuned out to be a packet issue). So far an updater won't be needed for this update.

If you have suggestions to be added, head over to: [www.eclipseorigins.com/Thread-ER-Suggestions](www.eclipseorigins.com/Thread-ER-Suggestions)

If you have bugs, head over to: [https://www.eclipseorigins.com/Thread-ER-Bugs](https://www.eclipseorigins.com/Thread-ER-Bugs)

If you want to see the current progress, head over to: [www.eclipseorigins.com/Thread-ER-1-8-3-Changelog](www.eclipseorigins.com/Thread-ER-1-8-3-Changelog)

If you have a layout idea for me, post a ruff picture of it in this thread

• 2 months later...
Hiya, everyone! It's been awhile since any news has been said about ER 1.8.3 (check this thread to see why there's been a lack of updates https://www.eclipseorigins.com/topic/86235/er-reason-for-lack-of-updates)

Now for what I've done in the past 3 months with ER... I can't say I've done much, but I have fixed and changed a few things.

Bug fixes:
- Quest bug: Thanks to SolidLink and Andur Engine, I found the cause of the quest crash when talking to an NPC. There was an endless loop causing the issue.
- Changed the directional block click area to be quarters of the tile cutting it diagonally (the area will be an X cross area)
- Fixed the button aligning on the main gui

And that's about it for now. Once I finish bug fixing EC, I'll be working on ER again. ERCS should be out after this update (ER community server).

• 2 months later...