Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

IP.Nexus and VB6

abhi2011

Hi guys,

I am currently working on something that links IP.Nexus (Hereby referred to as Nexus) for Nin Online. What i want to do exactly is to make a way to find items purchased by a user and update it in their player file in game. What would be the best way to approach this problem? I know about their API for Nexus but how exactly would I use in the most efficient way? 

This is what I plan to do

* Player Logs in
* Server connects to a PHP script.
* The script loops through and adds all the items bought on to an SQL server.
* The server than takes the data and adds the items into the player files.

Thanks for reading this.

I would probably be seeing if it is possible to write a simpler solution that handles it more along the lines of:

player logs into the game,

types /claim

server then communicates with the website to verify purchases hooked to the account, issues the items directly (much easier to do with a logged in player than a logged off player)

Not being an expert on PHP i will be of limited help to you here.

Basically you need an online record accessible via some technique in vb6\. A *very* quick google turned up:

[http://bytes.com/topic/visual-basic/answers/670211-vb6-load-website-retrieve-data](http://bytes.com/topic/visual-basic/answers/670211-vb6-load-website-retrieve-data)

which would give you a technique to experiment with if you could output the data from your payment interface to an accessible online record.

Once you have a method of vb6 loading info from your website, you could then make the /command discussed that would retrieve and issue the data.

You would also need a system for tracking which retrieved items have been claimed by a player. I would recommend that each purchase is given a transaction ID.

ie

TRANSACTION - PLAYER - ITEM

1 - Baron - GoldBundle_1000

then serverside you could flag the transaction as claimed by storing data about these transactions somewhere.

Thanks for the link. 

I have got the rest figured out. IP.Nexus has some intresting API calls which will be useful in getting the items bought.

And for the '/' command you mentioned, we want it to be automatic like all the other games. So we'll figure something else out and if that doesn't work we'll use the method you mentioned.

> I would recommend Nexus for selling points, then using the points in return to buy the items in the in game cash shop.
>
>  
>
> Its the route we are going ;)

Exactly what I thought of. T let's see how his goes. If this is bad and/or not efficient then we'll use the points system

> Considered, but I prefer the shop on the forum if possible..

Being able to buy points in-game and on the site would both be supported, but buying items in-game is a much more seamless experience since you can visually see them on your character. A forum shop is generally not done due to this reason alone.

> Exactly what I thought of. T let's see how his goes. If this is bad and/or not efficient then we'll use the points system

The systems are almost identical either way.

If you are retrieving the points value a player has and granting them as in game spendable or directly granting the item is a nearly identical process.

If you want an instant granting of the points to the player maybe you need to be investigating if IP NExus' payment portals support any form of IPN (Instant Payment Notification). You can direct the IPN notifications directly to your server which can handle the response directly when a payment is completed.