Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MIDIs Don't Play

PCessna

MIDIs do not play within eclipse. I do not get an error when previewing or trying to run one, All library files are installing, and I'm using Windows XP SP3\.

What simply happens is.. Nothing at all.. It's like it's playing something blank that I can't hear.

I repeat I get no error. They haven't worked at all so far, I just have been to lazy to post this.

Wow, Talking about off-topic and uncalled for.. I didn't even understand that… I suppose I appreciate your attempt at helping, but I've already played the MIDIs and verified that they play find in Windows Media player, and in QuickTime, and I've also verified that all library files, and latest version of DirectX is installed [OK]. I don't understand WHY I can't play MIDIs in game.

I'll give it a shot at helping you.

Alright so, all sounds are on, right?
The music plays in External music-running programs, right?
The "Music" is ticked in Eclipse's settings, right?

Right now, the Eclipse Settings is my best bet. (Log in with a character, when you are in-game, top left "Settings" (By character, equipment, etc).
Click it, make sure music is ticked/selected, then press save. Now try Previewing the musics.

I fixed it, okay first, go to the little speaker on the bottom right of your computer, double click it, go to options (on the top left), the properties, go to playback, and make sure MIDI is selected, click ok, then it should show MIDI, on the MIDI volume section, raise the volume to the very top. then close that window.

If you don't have a little speaker icon on the bottom, click Start, then Search, and search for Playback Control and you will get that window.

Now close that window, go to your game and MIDIs should work, if not, then just reply and say it didn't work, I can try and find another solution for you.

• 1 month later...
@Azkanan:

> I'll give it a shot at helping you.
>
> Alright so, all sounds are on, right?
> The music plays in External music-running programs, right?
> The "Music" is ticked in Eclipse's settings, right?
>
> Right now, the Eclipse Settings is my best bet. (Log in with a character, when you are in-game, top left "Settings" (By character, equipment, etc).
> Click it, make sure music is ticked/selected, then press save. Now try Previewing the musics.

Pardon my french, But I'm not that stupid..

I fixed the problem
-Reinstalled Motherboard drivers to latest version (Intel)
-Reinstalled Intel IDT sound drivers to latest version