Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why Runescape fails.

The GodFather

I'm here to explain why the kiddy 10 year old game, runescape fails… so let's get started with the reasons.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Point and Click - So you point and click to move? WOW, how boring.. The character movement is slow and feels buggy, the fact that you have to watch your character take ages to move is almost suicidal.

2) Running - When you turn running on your limited to an amount of stamina, so though your already pissed of with the crappy control of point and and clicking, you now have to endure more time walking since the amount of stamina is incredibly slow.

3) Attacking - This is one of the main features of most MMORPG's.. Combat, but guess what.. Runescape failed with that. It's so simple, you have bascially no skills, crap magic, and the fact that u have to stand their watching your character take turns to attack just really blows. On top of that the animations for attacking are just shyt. OMG WHATS THAT BIG BLOB COMING TOWARDS ME (magic) ?

4) Mining/Fishing/Professions - Well this is just the same as combat, you just stand there..... more standing...Zzzzz... YEY I GOT A LOBSTER, Oh noes i just burned it... stand there.... stand there.... Seriously now...

5) Chat - So since you have to just stand there most of the time for combat and everything else, i thought that runescape may have a good chat system, but guess what.. They failed on that as well.. With a horrible interface and lack of features, and the fact that they have a filter that just blocks nearly everything just makes it probably one of the worst chat systems I've seen in a game. They don't even have a voice chat server to replace the Chat system.

6) Quests - Yes the Quests fail as with everything else, their too long and give shit rewards and well, their boring, they lack sound dialogue with the characters, have crap plots and just mostly require you to run around the map a couple of times... and don't forget that around 99% of the quests are for members.

7) Wilderness - The only good thing about the game, and they removed it, and then replaced with crappy world pk'ing servers.

8) Graphics - Many people think graphics don't make a game good, i would have to disagree. Graphics of course do not make a game, but they add to it. Well as if with everything else, the graphics fail for runescape. They've now got a  "HD VERSION GRAPHICS" which also sucks, the view distance on is terrible.

9) The community - I cannot explain how much the community just sucks on that game, in fact i don't even want to explain the community, their that retarded..

So most of the time your slowly walking around the map, chasing a quest which has took you around two hours while your been followed by a 9 year old kid asking for free stuff, and complaining how members get mainly everything.

The game fails and theirs still a lot more negative features i could say about this game..

> 1) Point and Click - So you point and click to move? WOW, how boring.. The character movement is slow and feels buggy, the fact that you have to watch your character take ages to move is almost suicidal.

Stupidest reason ever. There's point and click in Wow. Point and click in GW. Point and click in Flyff. Point and click in Knights Online.

> 2) Running - When you turn running on your limited to an amount of stamina, so though your already pissed of with the crappy control of point and and clicking, you now have to endure more time walking since the amount of stamina is incredibly slow.

Oh. Sorry they implemented some realism instead of giving players the ability to run for an infinite amount of time?…

> 3) Attacking - This is one of the main features of most MMORPG's.. Combat, but guess what.. Runescape failed with that. It's so simple, you have bascially no skills, crap magic, and the fact that u have to stand their watching your character take turns to attack just really blows. On top of that the animations for attacking are just shyt. OMG WHATS THAT BIG BLOB COMING TOWARDS ME (magic) ?

You try programming breathtaking eye-candy magic spells as 3d models in java. Have fun. And you don't just sit there, that's how it is in F2P play as a member and it's a lot more intense.

> 4) Mining/Fishing/Professions - Well this is just the same as combat, you just stand there….. more standing...Zzzzz... YEY I GOT A LOBSTER, Oh noes i just burned it... stand there.... stand there.... Seriously now...

I agree on this one… But that's because I can't stand non-combat skills.

> 5) Chat - So since you have to just stand there most of the time for combat and everything else, i thought that runescape may have a good chat system, but guess what.. They failed on that as well.. With a horrible interface and lack of features, and the fact that they have a filter that just blocks nearly everything just makes it probably one of the worst chat systems I've seen in a game. They don't even have a voice chat server to replace the Chat system.

The only thing the chat is missing is…. ? Global chat. Big woop.
They have clan chat, people can join a chat room. They have whispers. They have public chat.
No game to my knowledge comes with a voice chat implementation. That's what Vent and TS are for.

> 6) Quests - Yes the Quests fail as with everything else, their too long and give shit rewards and well, their boring, they lack sound dialogue with the characters, have crap plots and just mostly require you to run around the map a couple of times… and don't forget that around 99% of the quests are for members.

They do give shit rewards but they allow you to get around easier and rewards of the likes. And that's the dumbest statement ever about the percentages. It's like 70%. If you're gonna give a percentage about something so easily calculated don't exaggerate it. I think they have an extensive amount of quests and a good variety of quest missions.

> 7) Wilderness - The only good thing about the game, and they removed it, and then replaced with crappy world pk'ing servers.

The PVP worlds aren't bad… it's just that everyone pjs. I agree here too though.

> 8) Graphics - Many people think graphics don't make a game good, i would have to disagree. Graphics of course do not make a game, but they add to it. Well as if with everything else, the graphics fail for runescape. They've now got a  "HD VERSION GRAPHICS" which also sucks, the view distance on is terrible.

Again, program something better in java using nothing but the browser. I find their graphics pretty outstanding for the platform they use.

> 9) The community - I cannot explain how much the community just sucks on that game, in fact i don't even want to explain the community, their that retarded..

They're mostly kids. Don't deal with those. Make friends with those that are your age. It works better.

Good job failing with the reasons.

I love people when they use the comment:
- I bet you couldn't do that!
I don't want to create a game, No i can't program in Java, but i'm still allowed an opinion. Don't forget they've been working on this game for years.

1) The point and click on runescape is totally different, it's slow and buggy, slowest i've ever seen.
2) Realism dosn't exist in a fantasy game, so yes they should be infinite amount of time for running.
3) You didn't give a reason to why this is a good thing.
4) You agreed with me :)
5) The chat is horrible, no private chat's allowed and it's all based on one chat box. World of Warcraft features a voice chat system.
6) 70% is still a huge number, most of the game is based on members content. Theirs actually a short amount of quests, most "successful" MMORPG'S feature around 800 Quests.
7) The PVP worlds fail.
8) The graphics still fail, i don't give a shit if the game is done in a browser.. it's still a game and it's graphics are crap.
9) The community is just whining bitches and since they play such a shit game, i know their Duck up :)

:)

on number 3 I said that as a member the fights are a lot more intense instead of just sitting there watching.

5, I see where you're coming from with the one chat box but I don't mind it. Half the time I don't want to read public chat anyways.

6\. At least there's quests for people that don't wanna pay. Wow is like 15$ a month for any quest.

7\. how's that? I've made 26m from them, I don't mind them.

Yeah, I'd also like to state that sean is right.
Runescape is not a fail. It makes jagex a couple mil a month which isn't bad considering the CEO is 21 years old. Not to mention it's about 8 years old so obviously it's not a fail because it wouldn't have made it this far.

okay really? your complaining that skills are boring

this is the only MMORPG that iv seen that has this in depth skill system and brings something to the table that no other mmo has done in my opinion a non warrior class the chance to play as a peaceful skilling character if you like fighting then go fight if you like questing ? great theirs plenty if you like skilling and no fighting go for it :)

and for the quests … as said before WoW cost 15 $ a month for all the quest and all the gameplay and  honestly the graphics i dont mind them graphics i dont really care for in a game if it has good graphics ? great if not oh well the game play is more important to me also as ghost said lets see you code better in a browser in java. as they buy porsches for their neighbors ;)

@zach4873:

> okay really? your complaining that skills are boring
>
> this is the only MMORPG that iv seen that has this in depth skill system and brings something to the table that no other mmo has done in my opinion a non warrior class the chance to play as a peaceful skilling character if you like fighting then go fight if you like questing ? great theirs plenty if you like skilling and no fighting go for it :)
>
> and for the quests … as said before WoW cost 15 $ a month for all the quest and all the gameplay and  honestly the graphics i dont mind them graphics i dont really care for in a game if it has good graphics ? great if not oh well the game play is more important to me also as ghost said lets see you code better in a browser in java. as they buy porsches for their neighbors ;)

I don't want to code better in java on a browser, my point still exists that the game sucks even if i can't do that.
World of Warcraft is incredibly cheap for the amount of content you get.
Skills are boring, how are they in depth? Have you ever played World of Warcraft, because the skills are a lot more in depth, seriously have you?
The game fails and too be honest i bet most of you people only like it because membership is cheap, poor people :)

Wow. What a dumb ass statement. Why don't you stop and think a little more and give me a better reason for why you think I like it.

I like it because I have played it since before WoW came out.
I'm not poor, I have about 400$ cash + my debit card in my wallet.

To be honest, I think you only don't like it because you don't have the patience to play it and become a decent player and know something about the game other than what you've seen other idiots rant about. To be honest, I think you're just a jerk that has nothing better to do than attempt to diss a game on boards that are meant for those who like and play the game. If you don't like it, fine. Get off our boards for it.

To be honest, that little statement you made just gave you no chance of being my friend on these forums, or even friendly instead of friends. I think you're an arrogant, insignificant prick… to be honest.

no i dont even have membership in fact i dont even play anymore  but not because its not a good game but because i dont have time to play it anymore

and the skills here theirs so many to do and combat does not involve them at all(most of them ) so if i dont want to sit there killing monsters i can go fishing instead or i can go farming or i can insert this with all the other skills ( i think theirs 20ish now ?)

and i have played WoW and i came out with this conclusion… runescape was better .

@zach4873:

> no i dont even have membership in fact i dont even play anymore  but not because its not a good game but because i dont have time to play it anymore
>
> and the skills here theirs so many to do and combat does not involve them at all(most of them ) so if i dont want to sit there killing monsters i can go fishing instead or i can go farming or i can insert this with all the other skills ( i think theirs 20ish now ?)
>
> and i have played WoW and i came out with this conclusion… runescape was better .

Firstly, as i said.. The majority of the skills are the same, standing around and waiting… just like combat.

Here's the list of World of Warcraft professions/skills:
1)Alchemy
2)Blacksmithing
3)Cooking
4)Enchanting
5)Engineering
6)First Aid
7)Fishing
8)Herbalism
9)Jewel Crafting
10) Leather working
11) Mining
12) Tailoring
13) Skinning
14) inscription

So as you can see, Runescape is not the only game that features a lot of stuff based off non combat, so stop bringing that up. You've obv didn't get very far on World of Warcraft.

@zach4873:

> it doesn't even matter -_- in the end its all about personal preference your probably just in here flaming runescape because on the internet thats the cool thing to do

What you just said was complete and utter shit. "Because on the internet thats the cool thing to do" WTF lol… jesus your a typical runescape player.

How're those skills different from rs?

- Difference between Fishing in both games? In wow you have to throw your line. That's all.
- Difference between Mining in both games? In wow ores are random? (I think. If not…. there is no difference)
- Difference between herbalism in both games? In wow you have to extract herbs from shrubs on the ground, in wow you can farm them or kill monsters for them. That's all.
- Difference between tailoring in both games? In wow, there's more materials required for an item. That's all.
- Difference between blacksmithing in both games? In wow, you have to have the "recipes" for an item and then you can make it, and it requires more mats. That's all.
- Difference between alchemy in both games? TBH, can't think of one.

Difference between all skills in general? In wow, you have to pay to learn the next thing. Cus that makes sense....
"Oh, I've done this skill long enough to become more adept to it, but I still have to pay to learn how to do the next hardest thing..."

That's all.

> jesus your a typical runescape player.

That's rude as well. You seem to be making yourself seem more like an ignorant little kid that we. All he said was that you're bashing runescape just for the hell of it. And you call him a typical runescape player? That's ignorance, purified.

@The:

> What you just said was complete and utter shit. "Because on the internet thats the cool thing to do" WTF lol… jesus your a typical runescape player.

I'm the typical runescape player? if you could read at higher then a third grade level you would know i don't even play runescape anymore -_-

@Ghost:

> How're those skills different from rs?
>
> - Difference between Fishing in both games? In wow you have to throw your line. That's all.
> - Difference between Mining in both games? In wow ores are random? (I think. If not…. there is no difference)
> - Difference between herbalism in both games? In wow you have to extract herbs from shrubs on the ground, in wow you can farm them or kill monsters for them. That's all.
> - Difference between tailoring in both games? In wow, there's more materials required for an item. That's all.
> - Difference between blacksmithing in both games? In wow, you have to have the "recipes" for an item and then you can make it, and it requires more mats. That's all.
> - Difference between alchemy in both games? TBH, can't think of one.
>
> Difference between all skills in general? In wow, you have to pay to learn the next thing. Cus that makes sense....
> "Oh, I've done this skill long enough to become more adept to it, but I still have to pay to learn how to do the next hardest thing..."
>
> That's all.

1) Fishing is slightly similar, but hey, least the animation looks better, and there's a weekly fishing competition which owns.
2) Mining actually requires you to look and search for them… on Runescape your constantly fighting with someone else to who ever can mine the ore the fastest, it sucks..
3) It's a lot more fun as you have to search for them and avoid monsters.
4) Black smithing is a lot harder in World of Warcraft and is more complex, instead of that simple shit where you need like 5 steel bars.
5) All skills are actually more complex, their fairly simple in runescape and follow a simple tech tree. For example with blacksmithing, first it's bronze and its a set of items, then its iron and its the same set of items...

Face it, World of warcraft is more fun, why do you think it's ratings are higher?

EDIT: Zach, you still played runescape and enjoyed it, so don't try to act clever, you were once a runescape player and your still defending it.

Fun is an opinion word. Not a fact. You can't measure fun.

It's more fun to you. Runescape is more fun to us. Face it. Don't be such an ass hole because we don't think WoW is god's gift. You seem like one of those pricks that would shove their religion down someone's throat. People have differing opinions and you can't force us to change ours.

@zach4873:

> okay really? your complaining that skills are boring
>
> this is the only MMORPG that iv seen that has this in depth skill system and brings something to the table that no other mmo has done in my opinion a non warrior class the chance to play as a peaceful skilling character if you like fighting then go fight if you like questing ? great theirs plenty if you like skilling and no fighting go for it :)
>
> and for the quests … as said before WoW cost 15 $ a month for all the quest and all the gameplay and  honestly the graphics i dont mind them graphics i dont really care for in a game if it has good graphics ? great if not oh well the game play is more important to me also as ghost said lets see you code better in a browser in java. as they buy porsches for their neighbors ;)

You havn't played Mabinogi arn't you?

@The:

> Face it, World of warcraft is more fun, why do you think it's ratings are higher?

as Ghost said…

Fun is an OPINION!

For me i think that Runescape is doing very well.
the graphics are getting better
gameplay is fun especialy if your questin with friends.
its one of if not only great 3d browser based game that involves higher customization than most games.

Think about it...
would you rather waste money paying for WoW?
or play a game for free and if you like runescape alot then go member.
its only $5\. USDs and it wont cost you an arm or a leg to play it ( like WoW)

@The:

> 1) Point and Click - So you point and click to move? WOW, how boring.. The character movement is slow and feels buggy, the fact that you have to watch your character take ages to move is almost suicidal.

Ummm point and click is acualy usefull in this game cuz you control the camera with the arrow keys.
wait i have an idea why not switch the keys! so you control the camera with the mouse…so when you wanna click on something to examine it your camera goes crazy! wat a splendid idea!

@The:

> 2) Running - When you turn running on your limited to an amount of stamina, so though your already pissed of with the crappy control of point and and clicking, you now have to endure more time walking since the amount of stamina is incredibly slow.

its called being realistic. do you think you can run and not get tired?
its common sense.
@The:

> 3) Attacking - This is one of the main features of most MMORPG's.. Combat, but guess what.. Runescape failed with that. It's so simple, you have bascially no skills, crap magic, and the fact that u have to stand their watching your character take turns to attack just really blows. On top of that the animations for attacking are just shyt. OMG WHATS THAT BIG BLOB COMING TOWARDS ME (magic) ?

ok…? a turn based fighting system? wats wrong with that? animations are fine. can you make an animation and also a fighting system in java?
@The:

> 4) Mining/Fishing/Professions - Well this is just the same as combat, you just stand there….. more standing...Zzzzz... YEY I GOT A LOBSTER, Oh noes i just burned it... stand there.... stand there.... Seriously now...

One of the best features of this game. you are not specified just to a certain class. thats just boring. this game puts in some customization as to wat type of style you wanna play.
its wat many games lack.
@The:

> 5) Chat - So since you have to just stand there most of the time for combat and everything else, i thought that runescape may have a good chat system, but guess what.. They failed on that as well.. With a horrible interface and lack of features, and the fact that they have a filter that just blocks nearly everything just makes it probably one of the worst chat systems I've seen in a game. They don't even have a voice chat server to replace the Chat system.

why do you need voice chat?
its fine the way it is. Games dont have to be so damn complex.
@The:

> 6) Quests - Yes the Quests fail as with everything else, their too long and give shit rewards and well, their boring, they lack sound dialogue with the characters, have crap plots and just mostly require you to run around the map a couple of times… and don't forget that around 99% of the quests are for members.

the quests are long for a reason. so Free players have something to do. and so everyone has something to do.
your percentage is wrong.
its more like 92% or 95%
@The:

> 7) Wilderness - The only good thing about the game, and they removed it, and then replaced with crappy world pk'ing servers.

this is actualy good because soe newbs that want to explore places without worrying that someone will kill them.

@The:

> 8) Graphics - Many people think graphics don't make a game good, i would have to disagree. Graphics of course do not make a game, but they add to it. Well as if with everything else, the graphics fail for runescape. They've now got a  "HD VERSION GRAPHICS" which also sucks, the view distance on is terrible.

The newer graphics are better than the last ones. Graphics arent that big of a deal. if the story and gameplay is good and the graphics are decent then there really isnt anything keeping you from playing this game.
@The:

> 9) The community - I cannot explain how much the community just sucks on that game, in fact i don't even want to explain the community, their that retarded..

I have to agree on this one. Some ppl on there think that they are better because they are higher levels. when probably they cheated their way up there.
@The:

> So most of the time your slowly walking around the map, chasing a quest which has took you around two hours while your been followed by a 9 year old kid asking for free stuff, and complaining how members get mainly everything.

there is something called report.