Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to use preserved or array for just code?

Lavos

Okay this is how my code looks, I've the variables to a definition:

```
Option Explicit

Public Const MAX_MODEL_NUM As Long = 5 <---I want to change this to a changeable number.
Public Model3DS(1 to MAX_MODEL_NUM) as cNemo_3DSMesh <-Defind Class to render object mesh
```
```

After initializing renderstates and setting up the engine the gfx core I have this sub routine:

Public Sub Build_Model(ByVal Mesh As String, _
ByVal Texture As String, _
ByVal ModelID As Long, _
ByVal SizeX As Long, _
ByVal SizeY As Long, _
ByVal SizeZ As Long, _
ByVal posX As Long, _
ByVal posY As Long, _
ByVal posZ As Long, _
ByVal rotX As Long, _
ByVal rotY As Long, _
ByVal rotZ As Long)

If ModelID <> MAX_MODEL_NUM Then Exit Sub

Set Model3DS(ModelID) = New cNemo_3DSmesh

With Model3DS(ModelID)
.Load_3DS Mesh
.Load_Mesh Mesh
.Set_Texture Texture
.Set_Scale SizeX, SizeY, SizeZ
.Set_Position posX, posY, posZ
.Set_Rotation rotX, rotY, rotZ
End With

End Sub

```
Now the problem is that when I call this sub and try to pass it, it only builds 1 .3DS object to render on to the screen using this:

```
Call Build_Model(Mesh_Characters(1), Tex_Characters(1), 1, 50, 50, 50, 0, 100, 20, 0, 0, 0)
Call Build_Model(Mesh_Characters(1), Tex_Characters(1), 2, 50, 50, 50, 150, 100, 60, 0, 4, 0)

```

> Note: Build_Model (MeshFile, Texture, ModelID, SizeX,SizeY,SizeZ,PosX,PosY,PosZ,RotX,RotY,RotZ)

Now the question is: Is there a way to Create a cache or array where when ever I decided to Build another model, it duplicates a copy of a 3D mesh and render more than one with out having MAX_MODEL_NUM to stay Static?

Idk vb, but you can probably create a data-structure for that. A list for example. Google it, it isn't too hard and is probably the solution to your problem. 

-seal

edit: idk if that's possible in vb (i didnt use a non-object-oriented language for a long time), but maybe there is already such a thing that you can just import and use? idk. Good luck. :D

> Idk vb, but you can probably create a data-structure for that. A list for example. Google it, it isn't too hard and is probably the solution to your problem. 
>
>  
>
> -seal
>
>  
>
> edit: idk if that's possible in vb (i didnt use a non-object-oriented language for a long time), but maybe there is already such a thing that you can just import and use? idk. Good luck. :D

You don't think ive tried google?

[attachment=995:Googled.png]

I don't there they are really efficient for me to use. I see lines of code on EO that  don't normally show up as example in google.