Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Programmers and Game Makers!!!!

zerosavior115

My fellow programmers and game makers!!!

I post it here because this is the most attended area

I want you to LISTEN!

I have seen many games evolving from bit graphics into HUGE 3d graphics

and so I have thought isnt it time for Eclipse to evolve into the 3d age?

I myself have attempted this but unfortunately I found myself stuck in a little logic problem

BUT my point is if myself have been so close in making it, how much if the Eclipse Development team and all you programmers would help?

Wouldnt it make Eclipse Better for us to use?

So I am here to dare you develop this Idea into a money making one

but all I want is that this idea be shared to everyone!!!

I myself is doing this into a 3d sidescroller copying the same technique done in the online game ELSWORD

So I call you, to start learning some dx8 3d sh*ts and start programming!!!

- Noypi Gran

I like the idea, sure, but you can probably look at it this way, Eclipse is a 2D MMORPG engine, and you have seen how many problems are in it, now you are wanting to make it into 3D? Just think about all the problems with that, I like Eclipse because it's a nice little program but it I do agree that it could be interesting to make a 3D version as well, just not only.

> Wouldnt it make Eclipse Better for us to use?

If a 2D game is done right, it's great. If a 3D game is done badly, it's crap. Who's to say whether or not a 2D engine is worse than a 3D engine? It's also easier for the overall users, who still struggle with drawing their own_2D sprites in MS Paint_, to develop their own content in their game than in a 3D engine. Lastly, if you plan on making a 3D engine from scratch, why would you even consider using the deprecated language that is VB6?

> If a 2D game is done right, it's great. If a 3D game is done badly, it's crap. Who's to say whether or not a 2D engine is worse than a 3D engine? It's also easier for the overall users, who still struggle with drawing their own_2D sprites in MS Paint_, to develop their own content in their game than in a 3D engine. Lastly, if you plan on making a 3D engine from scratch, why would you even consider using the deprecated language that is VB6?

Matchoo is right actually, when is the last time you tried making a 3D spirit and getting it to flex and move? To some people it is a challenge, even fun but still a challenge, not think of those who are new to it, it is HORRIBLE, it makes 2D look a whole lot nicer and comforting. I know how much work is involved in just making one spirit because i have tried, I wouldn't say to throw everyone into that, if Eclipse did become a 3D MMORPG, I'd say it'd better keep its 2D also. There is way too much work in making a 3D MMORPG that you haven't even considered.

To back up both Tick's and my point, Eclipse isn't meant to be that one project that became successful and you became a millionaire. Eclipse is meant for one of two things. It acts as an introduction into something, such as game development, programming, or art of some form, or a way for you and your friends to have fun. If you're trying to make the next Bioshock, you're better off getting a job at a real company. Sorry.

I would actually listen if your post was any bit of professional and sounded like you were serious, but the whole "sh**" bit at the end…made me think you were trolling.

![](http://www.my-favorite-coloring.net/Images/Large/Famous-characters-Troll-face-Oh-God-Why-139824.png)

> I would actually listen if your post was any bit of professional and sounded like you were serious, but the whole "sh**" bit at the end…made me think you were trolling.

Chucking an image at the end your post to backup your statement doesn't really make it professional either ;P