Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[RTE] [EE2.7] Run-time error 429

kira423

Ok everytime I try running my server I get Run Time Error 429 ActiveX Component Cannot Create Object.

I have looked up everything. I downloaded and reregistered both my dx7vb.dll and dao350.dll, I redownloaded COMSocketServer.dll

I have downloaded the Library Files, and installed them correctly.

My client opens fine, and I have no idea if there are any more fixes I need because there is no server to run the client on.

I don't know what else to try. Oh and BTW I am running on Win98 (old computer got scrapped got hand me down) if that is my problem let me know, and I will give up until I can afford my new computer.

Usually the dx7vb.dll is the fix.  It's in your System Directory, right?
Having Windows 98 should change anything; Eclipse's code can work even on Windows 95.

In the Bugs and Errors board, download, extract, and install the Vista Fix (yes, I know you don't have Vista), then restart your computer and see if that solves the problem.

@Admiral I downloaded and installed the fix it didn't work.
@Ezmec I haven't gotten the Eclipse server to run yet.
I haven't set paperdoll to 1 and I haven't messed with any of the graphics at all.
I want to say its because I have an outdated version of ActiveX.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't ActiveX come with DirectX or does it come from IE?
If its neither of those things then I have nooooo idea how to fix this error

I will apologize in advanced for the double post, but I think I may have figured out why it keeps messing up.
I looked around for a while and saw something about registering the files. I used regsvr32 to register the files, and
COMSocketServer.dll, gdi32.dll, msimg32.dll, and zlib.dll won't register. gdi32 msimg32 and zlib give me (file) was loaded, but DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. Server may not be exported, or a corupt version of (file) may be in memory.
Consider using PView to detect and remove it.

When i try reg. COMSocketServer it says DllRegisterServer in COMSocketServer.dll failed.
Return Code Was 0x80070078

I looked it up on google, but I couldn't find that error code.

Therefore I am completley and totally befuddled.

Again sorry for the double post, I just thought it would be helpful to know that

• 3 weeks later...
I'm having the same problem. Run-time error 429\. Active X cannot create component :sad: . I do not have paperdoll on,  have not messed with the images or anything. I've registered all possible things and downloads. There needs to be another fix. (I have windows XP if it matters.

@Ruins:

> Sorry, broke again…? Says the server is offline. I ran the application, I hope I get it working soon...

If the server and client are on the same computer then go to IP config (in the client) and set the IP to 127.0.0.1 and the port to the port in the data.ini which is located in your server folder. If you're trying to connect over the internet then you'll have to port forward (which is explained in several tutorials across the tutorial board). If you still can't connect with your client, try rebooting your server/computer.

Regards,
  Godlord.

• 2 weeks later...
@Godlord:

> Try running [ELI](http://www.worldwarproductions.com/eli/ELI%202%20Beta.exe) (Right-click on Vista and 7, select properties, security and enable "Run as administrator") and tell me if that works.

Thankyou, finaly something that works for 7.  :cheesy: