Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Project Vertigo Origins [ 1.1.4 – FINAL ] (2D Side-Scrolling ORPG Engine)

mrmiguu

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had any problem with it, except that map switchover Down doesn't work. And I had a wierd bug when I kept jumping to the top of the map once i reached the top line the gravity reversed for my character, even if I'd switch maps or Shift-Click somewhere else.

If you have general freeze or slowdown issues then I'd suggest trying out a smaller map size per map.

@Anna:

> I haven't had any problem with it, except that map switchover Down doesn't work. And I had a wierd bug when I kept jumping to the top of the map once i reached the top line the gravity reversed for my character, even if I'd switch maps or Shift-Click somewhere else.
>
> If you have general freeze or slowdown issues then I'd suggest trying out a smaller map size per map.

ill try it, i only use like half the map anyways.

miguu, i don't if this was mentioned but how about death animations for players and monsters. especially monsters. It would be sweeter if the npcs didn't just disappear after you killed them. Maybe make their attack stance on the sprite sheet into the death animation??? just a thought…

miguu, i don't if this was mentioned but how about death animations for players and monsters. especially monsters. It would be sweeter if the npcs didn't just disappear after you killed them. Maybe make their attack stance on the sprite sheet into the death animation??? just a thought…

@skevsama:

> miguu, i don't if this was mentioned but how about death animations for players and monsters. especially monsters. It would be sweeter if the npcs didn't just disappear after you killed them. Maybe make their attack stance on the sprite sheet into the death animation??? just a thought…

I agree :)

@skevsama:

> miguu, i don't if this was mentioned but how about death animations for players and monsters. especially monsters. It would be sweeter if the npcs didn't just disappear after you killed them. Maybe make their attack stance on the sprite sheet into the death animation??? just a thought…

I agree :)

MrMiguu! Checka this out!
[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/2cdac6d7e02ad07c8dad1a2af1d0d5c7.bmp)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#2cdac6d7e02ad07c8dad1a2af1d0d5c7.bmp)
Me and mah brother were making maps, (I dunno why he put different colored ground) And he's floating? He said he wasnt. And he isnt on his screen, but he is on mine? I dunno whats wrong.

MrMiguu! Checka this out!
[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/2cdac6d7e02ad07c8dad1a2af1d0d5c7.bmp)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#2cdac6d7e02ad07c8dad1a2af1d0d5c7.bmp)
Me and mah brother were making maps, (I dunno why he put different colored ground) And he's floating? He said he wasnt. And he isnt on his screen, but he is on mine? I dunno whats wrong.

Yep, that would be perfect :)

Another thing that can be optimized are the controls. Actually I think that using arrows, control for hit, alt for jump and z for picking up things is a little… inefficient if you also want to use the mouse (for spells or to change items/bows).
Perhaps if the arrows change to WASD the engine could be more fluent... I think.